Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Haha 19 wishes, that's ludicrous. I had a game like that a while back where I was just flooded with magic lamps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
An icebox is for people who can ascend easily and want to make their last meal as pimpin' as possible.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Is it wrong that I look down on tilesets and yet still use the numpad?

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Hmm. Playing a mage that succesfully hit sokoban, only to get pelted with a boulder from a pack of stone giants for about 30 damage. I lived and slowed the giants, but now I'm faced with a bevy of retarded decisions. Do I descend a bit further with no bag hoping for a coaligned altar? Do I try to take the stone giants on despite the fact that they can apparently literally kill me in two hits, and my useful spells are limited to force bolt and healing? Or, comedy option, do I try to drag a tinning kit back from Minetown? :v:

I mean, Sting with maxed knife skill is nice and all, but not against loving stone giants.
You could go down further or just take your chances against the priest in Minetown and convert the altar, Sting is really not good especially considering you could be sac'ing for Magicbane.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

The way converting the altar goes: the priest will not attack you until the altar is converted, so if your sac doesn't convert the priest won't care. Once the priest does attack your focus is on killing him/her, none of the townsfolk will care; in fact, I've had guards in the altar room before while I killed the priest and they never did anything. You'll take the murder penalty which can be easily sidestepped with the luckstone, more sacs and another floating eye corpse if you haven't got one yet. The biggest issue is doing the deed since the priest can be a threat at lower levels without preparation.

Also Elbereth won't work on the priest, it doesn't work on humans.

If you're a high enough level to go down a few more floors you can try it, it's always easier converting an altar with no priest obviously.

Fiveace Attorney fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 1, 2009

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Heran Bago posted:

If you get the scrolls of earth from sokoban, depending on the minetown layout and size of the temple it could be possible to trap the priest with boulders so he can do nothing but get pissed as you convert the mine town altar.

I guess you then risk changing gods before the quest and becoming unascendable.
That only happens with negative alignment so it shouldn't be a problem.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I poly trapped my pet into a master lich and now it seems impossible to poly it again. Can master liches not be poly'd any more? I prefer vampires to liches as pets for a number of reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

Contra Duck posted:

Purple liches have very high MR so it's extremely difficult (maybe impossible depending on the method you're using) to polymorph them again. I personally don't like using liches as pets, in pet form they'll only use their weak cold attack against monsters and if they go hostile they're very dangerous. My advice would be to leave it somewhere you're never going to go again (sokoban level 2 is a good place for this if you've finished sokoban) and get yourself another pet.
Yeah I was thinking of getting rid of him but couldnt think of where he would be the least dangerous, Sokoban's a great call. Thanks!

• Locked thread