Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Contra Duck I have some stuff if you want to throw them on the OP. For those wanting to try out something different in terms of graphics, there's a 3d Japanese port of Network that includes first person perspective like a Wizardry game.

http://www.sbrain.org/nethack3d/index.html

Haven't tried it since it's only for MacOSX but let us know how it is. It's apparently in English too.

There is another OpenGL port developed by a guy in South Africa that goes by the name of noegnud. Not Wizardry like but it still looks cool. Note of caution though, the guy is an rear end in a top hat who doesn't allow the game to be installed in the US but.. hey. :)

Anyways here is the link: http://clivecrous.lighthouseapp.com/projects/11277/downloads and google image searching will show you how it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Can you sacrifice corpses on the high altars or are they only to be used for the amulet?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Cicadalek posted:

A big 'gently caress you' to whoever left a bones file full of nalfenshees wandering around on dlvl12. There was at least two ghosts when I got there and there's one more now. If anyone comes across it, just dig down unless you have disintegration resistance. Which I didn't.

:smith:

Wait what do you mean by disintegration resistance? Did they summon something?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

JawnV6 posted:

See if you can guess what happens here:

Haha what in the world?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Must be the most frustrating thing ever to die on the planes. I also realized I just doomed myself by saying that.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

How do you hatch eggs? Wait can you?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

Keep them in your inventory, if they're hatchable they'll hatch eventually and fall out of your pack.

Are they tame at all? That's a neat way to get pets if so.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Robot Hobo posted:

Lizard Nethack (Or Lizard Slash'EM) used to be my favorite version of the game. I liked that it actually drew in the cave walls when you were walking the tunnels between rooms, rather than just the floor tiles. It made it a bit easier to navigate when the tunnels forked, because you could actually see which directions didn't have walls. As far as I can tell though, Lizard is dead. Is there any other tiled version (I don't want to go as far as Vulture) that has this feature?

EDIT: It looks like Lizard NetHack and Slash'EM are is still up and running. I've been looking for a while now, but I just happened to find it today.

What else is different? It just looks like the tiled version of the game to me but then again I've never tried it so I don't know.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

So I downloaded a telnet program for my Blackberry Pearl and was able to use it to watch games on NAO. I still haven't tried playing but has anyone ever played NetHack on NAO using their cell phone?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

ImJasonH posted:

What application was it? I tried one and NAO was incomprehensible, even to watch games.

If you can watch games, I can't imagine playing would be much harder, as long as you're used to hjkl.

MidpSSH was the one I used: http://www.xk72.com/midpssh/ The only reason I haven't tried playing is because I forgot my NAO password since the last time I played was an Arc ascension last year.

Anyways it's still cumbersome and I still need to experiment with it. I'm capable of playing MUDs with it but I'm not sure if you can do direct input through just the keyboard. You have to select the input command then enter the letter and then it goes through. Maybe there's a better telnet program out there and I'd imagine this would be more fun with a full qwerty keyboard Blackberry, not the mini one on the Pearl.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Did he... beat NetHack?? Honestly I don't know how people have fun doing that kind of stuff haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Does anyone ever ascend polymorphed?

• Locked thread