Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
I have a fluorescent light fixture in my kitchen that quit working. First I replaced both F40T12 tubes with no effect. Then I put in a new electronic ballast (Philips Advance ICN2S40N) and now the fixture works great - except the ballast gets really loving hot. Is that normal? After 30 minutes of operation the ballast is too hot to touch for more than a second.
I've been trying to convince myself this is normal but I want to follow that "Don't burn you house down" mantra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU