Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKtheGraverobber
Mar 5, 2009
First of all, I would like to say that this movie is one of my favorites. It's such a mixture of almost every genre that I guarantee that you will not find a movie like this anywhere else, and it all fits together to make one big acid trip. And I believe that it was made to be like an acid trip. Acid trips aside, this movie is so drat good, everyone MUST see this movie, or I'll hunt you down!
Our Hero and Heroine, Brad (Barry Bostwick) and Janet (Susan Sarandon), are just couple of clean-cut kids, and are driving when their car suddenly breaks down. As they look for some help, they find a light near a place not looking unlike the residence of Dr. Frankenstein. They are greeted by a hunch-backed handyman, Riff Raff (Richard O'Brian), and his sister/lover, Magenta (Patricia Quinn).As they are trying to make Brad and Janet "Do the time Warp again", they find who this truly is the residence of, Dr. Frank N. Furter (Tim Curry) a Transvestite from Transsexual, Translvania. When they find out that he is creating a living human from scratch, by the name of Rocky Horror (Peter Hinwood), madness ensues, set against a kickass rock 'n' roll music score.
The acting, with the characters being all crazy and screwed up (Except Brad and Janet.... Until the end), have all been casted perfectly. I just can't imagine Frank Furter without Tim Curry, or Magenta without Patricia Quinn. They all give such a life to the characters, one not found in many movies today.
The music is great, classic rock, except for some of the lyrics in the songs that really don't make any sense ("The blackness within me! And the void would be calling!" Or "Well secluded..... I see all!") but the sound of the music makes up for that, kinda.
Of course, this film has a huge cult following. These fans are so hosed up, I'm surprised that some of you aren't part of the cult. I admit, I saw this film the first time with all the scripted shout outs (Which, if you don't say them right, you get shouted down) and it drowns out almost ALL of the movie (Think MST3k on crack). You throw poo poo everywhere, and you'll feel tired as hell when it's over.
Overall, this film is a classic, that, unfortunately, is loosing it's popularity, but I belive that Repo! the Genetic Opera will takes Rocky Horror's place with Generation Y.

Overall: 9/10
Music: 7.5/10
Acting: 10.10
Singing: 9.5/10
Writing: 8/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU