Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I ran through the tutorial mission in the Steam and GOG editions earlier today. The GOG version automatically detected my display's native resolution while I had to go into the options to set it in the Steam version, but other than that I didn't encounter any differences in performance. If you aren't experiencing any crashes or other performance issues with your Steam copy then you probably don't need to pick up the GOG version.

And since it hasn't been posted in thread here's the mini-doc from youtuber Raycevik about recovering the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBXbrofwKwM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Ive owned Alpha Protocol on steam for forever and played it three times. Gonna buy it on GoG and play it at least once more just to reward them

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
AP being 14 years old makes it as old as 1994 games were when Good Old Games was launched. (a random observation)

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nice Van My Man posted:

The trick to AP is to get the completely broken pistol skill that one shots everything. I think there was also one that turned you invisible.

Nah, just build and roleplay however you want for the first time through.

Later runs yeah, just make mega busto builds

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Did they fix the way the mouse works? When I first played it on PC I had to play using a controller

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Testekill posted:

Did they fix the way the mouse works? When I first played it on PC I had to play using a controller

I played it with mouse and keyboard and used a controller for the hacking minigames (Steam release)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Does that one boss fight still crank Turn Up the Radio by Autograph? I always thought the licensing rights over it is what got it pulled from Steam to start with.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Does that one boss fight still crank Turn Up the Radio by Autograph? I always thought the licensing rights over it is what got it pulled from Steam to start with.

Yes, and yes, espectively.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Guillermus posted:

I played it with mouse and keyboard and used a controller for the hacking minigames (Steam release)

Wait really? I had planned to do that but thought the game couldn't do dynamic control swapping.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

John Murdoch posted:

Wait really? I had planned to do that but thought the game couldn't do dynamic control swapping.

It's been years but I remember using a wired xbox360 controller for the hacking minigame.

GOG version should have it considering that they even added playstation controller support.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
i'm late to this i'm sure, but what's going on w the partial gog redesign? there's a new or secondary logo / typemark in there that looks kinda awful. noticed the copywriting changed up too — more typos and mild weirdness than before. did bundlestars buy them or something? did i get hacked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
They rearranged the main site a bit recently but I don't see any new logos or anything like that.