Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

If NOFL shows up it will be up to the guys who got us System Shock 2. GOG is going to announce Disney tomorrow and the big mystery is what games will come along (Lucasarts titles or just Tron 2 and the rest of the garbage unloaded on Steam a couple of weeks ago).

Also, there's a 24h promo: both FlatOut games for $3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Night Dive said a few months ago they were looking into NOLF. That was published by Fox Interactive (who have an amazing catalog tbh) who were purchased by Vivendi, although it was developed by Monolith who are now under WB.

Between Vivendi/Fox catalog and Disney's catalog I'm going to lean on Disney even though I really want NOLF because I can't install The Operative on 64bit machine.

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

BadAstronaut posted:

Commander Keenan, who is the new publisher? come on... you can tell the internet

Honestly, I don't know. They've made their build testing site all internal, so they haven't really had a need for me in awhile. I don't expect any more paychecks from them, unfortunately.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Less than 24 h left now. Oh boy, I bet we'll get an awkward press conference out of this. :f5:

I'll be very pleased if it's Disney, even if it's just the titles already released on Steam. That means Disney are willing to work with GOG at least. I was one of the people who wouldn't believe that could happen in a million years.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

al-azad posted:

Night Dive said a few months ago they were looking into NOLF. That was published by Fox Interactive (who have an amazing catalog tbh) who were purchased by Vivendi, although it was developed by Monolith who are now under WB.

Between Vivendi/Fox catalog and Disney's catalog I'm going to lean on Disney even though I really want NOLF because I can't install The Operative on 64bit machine.

Really? I did that last year (win7 Ultimate 64) and it worked just fine. I don't have any advice to help you along because I didn't have to tweak or fiddle with anything that I can recall.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

JustJeff88 posted:

Really? I did that last year (win7 Ultimate 64) and it worked just fine. I don't have any advice to help you along because I didn't have to tweak or fiddle with anything that I can recall.

I know the installer on my disc refuses to run because it's 32-bit. On another computer I can copy all the files to its own folder and run a cracked .exe but not on my current computer so whatever, I loving hate Windows as a platform.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Regarding the new publisher, someone found this a few days ago on the website regarding it:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Regarding the new publisher, someone found this a few days ago on the website regarding it:

Yaos posted:

It is, they have some countdown graphics that are in the style of Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and Monkey Island.
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/spoiler_alert_so_i_dug_into_the_countdown_thingy/page1

:colbert: we know. Also they appear on the site, I saw the indiana jones 34 in the minutes space when I checked a while ago

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So yeah, little suspense as to who this new publisher could be.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
gently caress it, I'm going to jump the gun on this. What joystick should I pick up after work today? Because I better be playing either X-Wing or TIE Fighter tomorrow.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPOb3DlB7WA

Star Wars: X-Wing Special Edition
Star Wars: TIE Fighter Special Edition

$9.99 each.
Includes both "1994 and 1998 versions". At least for TIE Fighter, the page for X-Wing only mentions the Collector's CD-ROM version
:gizz:

e: Also, it's complete blasphemy, but the 360 controller works surprisingly well with these games and requires little setup :shobon:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 27, 2014

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh my. This is big. Justifies all the countdowns. And fedora wearing spokesmen. And that one time they pretended they would shut down.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

We're also apparently getting Sam and Max Hit the Road, Secret of Monkey Island, Fate of Atlantis, and KotOR in tomorrow's reveal but who the gently caress cares about that, motherfuckin' TIE FIGHTER :siren::supaburn::siren:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Cross-Section posted:

e: Also, it's complete blasphemy, but the 360 controller works surprisingly well with these games and requires little setup :shobon:
How hard is it to get a joystick/gamepad set up with DOSBox?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cross-Section posted:

We're also apparently getting Sam and Max Hit the Road, Secret of Monkey Island, Fate of Atlantis, and KotOR in tomorrow's reveal but who the gently caress cares about that, motherfuckin' TIE FIGHTER :siren::supaburn::siren:

You mean who loving cares about this star wars poo poo, Sam and Max Hit the Road, holy poo poo!!

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
Holy dicks, this is the best thing ever. I'm going to be flying spaceships allll weekend.

Oh man, and we'll probably get Full Throttle soon, too!

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

Kurtofan posted:

You mean who loving cares about this star wars poo poo, Sam and Max Hit the Road, holy poo poo!!

OUTLAWS

(maybe)

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Always bet on the GOG.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

How hard is it to get a joystick/gamepad set up with DOSBox?

At least with the GOG version of Wing Commander, it all worked automatically for me.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

:vince:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Whelp, time to buy Hit the Road.

Also I really hope they get Nightmare Ned on here.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Cross-Section posted:

$9.99 each.
Includes both "1994 and 1998 versions". At least for TIE Fighter, the page for X-Wing only mentions the Collector's CD-ROM version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHqnV4Mk_4

Holy poo poo, this is the best news ever.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
I think I just filled the cup.

Probottt
Dec 15, 2013

Cross-Section posted:

Does this include KotoR II? I would easily pay another $10 for a DRM-free copy of Kotor II.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

No, but I imagine that its re-release is not too far off; given the roll that GOG appears to be on here, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see them release a "Restored Content" version with the TSLRCM already installed. :allears:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope they get the soundtracks as well.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Man, GOG's just a fun distributer. Bless their li'l hearts.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

This is completely amazing. Holy goddamn poo poo.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Cross-Section posted:

$9.99 each.

Holy poo poo. First an Apogee/3DR Anthology out of nowhere and now this. DOS is back, fuckers! I think anything is possible now.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zat posted:

This is completely amazing. Holy goddamn poo poo.

What's this?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

What's this?

Just a random TIE Fighter screenshot with Grand Admiral Thrawn.

My reaction was to the LucasArts news.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Yep, they've got the back catalogue. :vince:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Holy loving poo poo, turns out the Disney buy was the best thing that could have happened.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Official GOG copy posted:

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce a new partnership with ©Disney that allows for the DRM-free release of about 30 classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucas' most famous gaming franchises, so that the Disney/Lucasfilm catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one. Here are the great titles you can get right away:

Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam & Max Hit the Road - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special Edition
Indiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic

Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Sam & Max Hit the Road, Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Disney/Lucasfilm catalog, you can expect to see Lucas games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

30 games. :vince:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I'm so goddamn excited. If they add X-Wing Alliance and Outlaws next I'm gonna have to plan a buying spree.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Here's the happy announcement for you guys:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/new_publisher_disneylucasfilm_28_oct_2014

Seems there'll be around 30 releases from this deal.

e:fb :saddowns:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I played the demo for TIE fighter for about a week before it stopped working. A few years later I played XWing vs TIE Fighter at a friends house for hours, but somehow it didn't match up. I have been waiting a while.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I've... I've only ever played X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter and the expansion Balance of Power. The original ones were way before before I started playing PC games and I just never got around to getting them later on.

Might as well try out how they hold up without the absolutely massive nostalgia bonuses everyone else has. I still have my Sidewinder Precision Pro!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Thread title needs a change right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Veib posted:

I've... I've only ever played X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter and the expansion Balance of Power. The original ones were way before before I started playing PC games and I just never got around to getting them later on.

Might as well try out how they hold up without the absolutely massive nostalgia bonuses everyone else has. I still have my Sidewinder Precision Pro!

I didn't play them till way after Freespace 2 and thought they were great.