Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

JustJeff88 posted:

Battle Realms & Winter of the Wolf: 5CF52-9A266-C7681-5BCF9

I took this. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Does anyone know if the mysteries of westgate module for neverwinter nights 2 is any good? I own NWN2 Platinum on steam from before it was taken down and as far as i can tell the only difference between platinum and complete is that module so im wondering if its good enough to be worth picking up complete when its on sale for a couple bucks again.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky: HT725A48E70803

I'm getting an "invalid code" message from this one.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

Sim City 2000: YT725A48E70803

someone sniped this already :/

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

rude. here's another YTE935B1603691

Faroush
Mar 21, 2009

Amashing
Another SimCity 2K for the pile!

YTDE08113B4116

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

justbread posted:

rude. here's another YTE935B1603691
this one was also taken. drat there are some quick lurkers

Faroush posted:

Another SimCity 2K for the pile!YTDE08113B4116
but I managed to grab this. Thanks! YOU WILL NOT REGRET THIS

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
hey

hey

toonstruck is really good

bye

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
The store page doesn't seem to be up yet, but it looks Terra Nova is releasing on GOG today.

http://www.gog.com/news/release_terra_nova_strike_force_centauri

EDIT: It's up, actually. The links in the news article just seem broken or something.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

girth brooks part 2 posted:

The store page doesn't seem to be up yet, but it looks Terra Nova is releasing on GOG today.

EDIT: It's up, actually. The links in the news article just seem broken or something.

Hoooly poo poo, this was my favorite Looking Glass game back in the day. It's so good! SO loving GOOD!

It was also a huge pain in the rear end to get to run on a Windows 9x machine because it wanted a whole lot of base memory to run.

e: Haha oh wow, GOG's Facebook page is advertising Terra Nova as a game "... from Devolver Digital (makers of System Shock, among others) ...".

Veib fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jun 25, 2015

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

http://www.gog.com/game/venom_codename_outbreak

Oh, hey this is out!

Don't know why it's called "Venom. Codename: Outbreak" though, as it didn't mention the "Venom." part on my store copy.

Terrible game, but it was pretty neat that they included a mouse pad with it!

Velius
Feb 27, 2001

girth brooks part 2 posted:

Oh man, Terra Nova. What a game, squad AI in that era, bad FMVs, jump jets, evil clones and PULSE CANNONs. I'm pretty tempted to get it even if the UI is ridiculously enormous and the pixels are enormous.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Terra Nova ruled just like every other Looking Glass game, psyched.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Terra Nova ruled just like every other Looking Glass game, psyched.
It's such a shame that it never got a sequel since it was such a drat fun game. I tried to play the Tribes games but they never really resonated with me in the same way that Strikeforce Centauri did.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

THE BAR posted:

Terrible game, but it was pretty neat that they included a mouse pad with it!
Ah, the predecessor of STALKER. They must have done something to the engine to make it run on modern hardware.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

If you feel like tossing DotEmu a bone, they have all the games they have the publishing rights to on sale for 70% off.

http://www.dotemu.com/en/pc-games/discounted

Their bundle deal: six bucks nabs you all of these, none of which are on GOG ('cept Robinson's Requiem I think):

quote:

In this pack, you will find the wild type Krypton Egg, the mythical Nicky Boom and its sequel Nicky Boom 2 and plunge back to humour and reflexion with the three episodes from Gobliiins trilogy.
Take a break with the arcade games of Irem Arcade Hits including among others: R-Type Leo, Cosmic Cop, Dragon Breed, Hammerin’ Harry, Gunforce 1 & 2...
And finish with the famous Simarils Collection and its classic games, such as: Ishar 1, 2 & 3, Deus, Robinson’s Requiem, Storm Master or Transartica!

I mean, I personally I don't need any of the above, but it beats a kick in the shins. And they still have HardWar, which isn't on GOG, but would be pretty neat if it were, and had multiplayer supported in Galaxy.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Clever Spambot posted:

Does anyone know if the mysteries of westgate module for neverwinter nights 2 is any good? I own NWN2 Platinum on steam from before it was taken down and as far as i can tell the only difference between platinum and complete is that module so im wondering if its good enough to be worth picking up complete when its on sale for a couple bucks again.
Mysteries of Westgate is really, really good, definitely worth it.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Does the website not let you stay logged in anymore? Everytime I revisit after a day or two it asks for the password again.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!

dud root posted:

Does the website not let you stay logged in anymore? Everytime I revisit after a day or two it asks for the password again.
Try deleting your GOG cookies and logging in again. Worked when that happened to me.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Worms World Party coming to GOG. Second best one after Armageddon.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I installed TW3 through the GOG Galaxy service, but I have other games downloaded on my system directly from the website. Is there any way to make Galaxy find those games so that I have them in my library but don't need to reinstall everything?

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

exquisite tea posted:

I installed TW3 through the GOG Galaxy service, but I have other games downloaded on my system directly from the website. Is there any way to make Galaxy find those games so that I have them in my library but don't need to reinstall everything?

There's a "Scan and import" function but it doesn't work very well right now. The best way I've found is to go to your game library, find the games individually, click "more", click "manage", then "import folder"

It's cumbersome if you have a lot of games installed, but at least once they're imported you're all set.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I am glad that I read the warning, because I just tried to buy Lords of Xulima Deluxe when I already had purchased the base game and deluxe kit separately. Why the site doesn't just gray that out is beyond me.

My thick-ness aside, I have gotten several free games from this thread recently and I prefer to give gifts on my birthday rather than receive them, so I am offering gift copies of Xulima Deluxe to the first two people to give me an e-mail address in thread or via PM. No strings attached: I am always one to spread the gospel, such as it is, of retro-style RPGs and 'tis better to give than to receive anyway.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

I am glad that I read the warning, because I just tried to buy Lords of Xulima Deluxe when I already had purchased the base game and deluxe kit separately. Why the site doesn't just gray that out is beyond me.

My thick-ness aside, I have gotten several free games from this thread recently and I prefer to give gifts on my birthday rather than receive them, so I am offering gift copies of Xulima Deluxe to the first two people to give me an e-mail address in thread or via PM. No strings attached: I am always one to spread the gospel, such as it is, of retro-style RPGs and 'tis better to give than to receive anyway.
I've been wanting to play it for ages but I've only recently gotten back into work and have more important things to spend money on. I'd love a copy at jimbobeleven at gmail.com, and will be sure to pay it back to the thread when I get a couple of paychecks in :)

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've been wanting to play it for ages but I've only recently gotten back into work and have more important things to spend money on. I'd love a copy at jimbobeleven at gmail.com, and will be sure to pay it back to the thread when I get a couple of paychecks in :)

Should be to your inbox any moment, Larry. One more for any interested parties.

palit
Nov 30, 2007
Nobody's boy
If I'm not too late, may I have it? It's been a long time since I played an RPG. My comp's not good enough for the recent ones, heh. Thanks in advance.
Here's my email: tomcurnow at hotmail.com

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

palit posted:

If I'm not too late, may I have it? It's been a long time since I played an RPG. My comp's not good enough for the recent ones, heh. Thanks in advance.
Here's my email: tomcurnow at hotmail.com

Someone beat you for the #2 spot, but I sent you a copy anyway.

Going to have to close the bar after this one, though.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

It's been a good long time since we had a GOG gift-a-thon. One of those dizzy Xmas sales events, I think.

palit
Nov 30, 2007
Nobody's boy

JustJeff88 posted:

Someone beat you for the #2 spot, but I sent you a copy anyway.

Going to have to close the bar after this one, though.

Got my copy. Thanks a bunch, and sorry for the trouble.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
Goddamn it. Bought a Humble Bundle and they don't even bother to say it's all on Steam these days. Steam finally made it on my all GOG machine. Are there any dangers I should look out for?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

0dB posted:

Are there any dangers I should look out for?

I... can't tell if this is a real post or not. If it is, you have been reading some really weird poo poo from someone mentally unstable. Steam is just a client to download games, get achievements for said games, buy more games, talk with people while playing said games, write guides for the community as a whole, and now it even allows you to optionally broadcast what you are playing to your friends. It is not some sort of weird virus that is going to steal your passwords/bank account/your naked pictures. You have not been infected with gabenitus.

Nearly everything HIB sells is a Steam key. If you want to stick to 100% DRM free just buy from GOG exclusively. You'll find, though, that for most people Steam has so many benefits it outweighs that one inconvenience.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

0dB posted:

Are there any dangers I should look out for?

Be afraid of Steam sales, they're addictive. There's even a list of games that are DRM-free on Steam (Farcry 2 comes into mind or the classic doom and quake games). In 2015 there is no reason to fear Steam at all, or to not have it installed.

0dB
Jan 3, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

I... can't tell if this is a real post or not. If it is, you have been reading some really weird poo poo from someone mentally unstable.

I was just being light hearted.

But imagine you haven't had a DRM system on your machine for a while. I just thought somebody might say 'keep the files on a certain drive' or some other guide to low stress... like if it was iTunes or something horrible like that.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's loving Steam it's not gonna infect your computer

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Well, I can understand that if you don't know Steam and someone compares it to iTunes, I'd be worried too, but it's motherfucking Gabe Newell man, I must trust a guy with a bigger knife and machete collection than me :q:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

A word of warning: you are going to end up purchasing games and then never ever play them.

...oh, kind of like GOG I guess.

Commander Keenan
Dec 5, 2012

Not Boba Fett

Mierenneuker posted:

A word of warning: you are going to end up purchasing games and then never ever play them.

...oh, kind of like GOG I guess.

help me

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sup bro. I'll never play even 70% of my GOG purchases and maybe that on Steam but hey, videogame hoarders :D

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I have found a good way to get in the mood to play good old games is having your main PC break down and being stuck with your old laptop for a while #lifehack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
http://www.gog.com/news/release_warhammer_40000_chaos_gate

Wow, Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate is finally out, never thought i'd see that.