Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Anonononomous posted:

How are the MDK games?

Also, you can get Painkiller for $9 by entering the code PCG1 at checkout.

Cheers for that, I used to own a copy of Painkiller but god knows where I put it. I'll go pick up another at GOG.

As for the MDK games, I've never played them but apparently the original is the better of the two, I usually just check out the GOG forums to see what the other members have to say (and if there are any tech problems). Apparently they have an odd control setup at first as this was before the now traditional WASD scheme became the norm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I keep getting weird errors running Painkiller Black on vista, I can't save on the first boss level as I get an error message about an unexpected key next to 5 message whatever the hell that is. I'm thinking of moving the install to somewhere other than program files. I have a hunch that something is messing it up, also it doesn't overwrite quicksave files, I just end up with a huge list. I thought that bug was patched out. :confused:

edit: well, moving the install from program files worked perfectly, the only game under Vista I have ever had to do that for. Weird.

Holy Cheese fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 22, 2009

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Holy crap Cannon Fodder! I don't think I ever got around to buying that way back then. :D

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Zat posted:

Teenagent for $0. Oh, yes. :)

It's their 100th release, good for them. Can't say I've ever heard of Teenagent though. Free though so you can't go wrong.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
I've always wanted to try it so, now is as good a time as any. Even though I have Evil Genius installed..

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Weedle posted:

If you don't plan to play GK1, the Let's Play is worth reading.

Cheers for the link Rock I mean Weedle. Don't think I ever played it when it first came out. I'll have to try out GK2.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

MoO I + II on Impulse for $6. Perhaps we'll see a GoG release soon?

Been there for a while.

efb

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Jesus Planescape!

I might actually complete it this time.

I believe in Gog.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
What's Divine Divinity like? Hard as balls?

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Stormy the Rabbit posted:

I hate Christmas sales. $70 gone in an instant :(

You could have given that to an elderly relative who needs money for heating, or give it to charity.

gently caress them honestly, they should have planned for that outcome.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Omega Hans posted:

Tyrian 2000 is now free!

Not surprised.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

kuddles posted:

Not really, unless you put it on the hard difficulty level. It is somewhat open-ended, though, so you're free to go into areas that are higher than your current level can handle.

Nice, thanks Juliette Binoch or whomever.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Hemish posted:

That's awesome! I played the first one not too long ago and I didn't feel like buying again another version of the second one. Pretty classy of GOG to give us the remastered version for free when we already have the original.

It's a very nice surprise, I purchased it from them in 2008 apparently. Never have completed it so this will give me the motivation to play through it.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

glug posted:

You got a death wish, or are you really this stupid?

edit: can't wait

edit2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upUw1xjaLA8&t=197s

seriously.

Dude! just use Quen!

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

MonkeyforaHead posted:

So the Dungeon Keeper manual is listed as 60 MB but downloads to about 1.2 MB :psyduck:

Dungeon Keeper is on GoG? Holy poo poo Privateer as well? Jesus I have something to do during the weekend. :unsmith:

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Dominic White posted:

Both Hitman and Thief seem very likely. I wonder if GOG can extract/replace the one song in Hitman: Contracts that stopped it from getting a re-release elsewhere.

The Thief games have aged far better than Hitman, though. Contracts and Blood Money are the only two I'd really recommend from that series. The original game was incredibly awkward to play even when it was new, and would be painful beyond words nowadays.

Thief might look like rear end (and did even at the time), but it was expertly designed.

I've always wanted to play Hitman: Contracts. No idea why as I'm crap at all the other ones. I lost all patience with Blood Money as I wanted to do everything perfectly. Needless to say I lost my temper and tried shooting anyone and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Charles Martel posted:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the new ROTT remake/reboot

It won't capture all of the magic of the original, but it looks promising nonetheless. We need to bring back more fast-paced multiplayer FPS games.

It looks worse than the return of Duke did.