Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

rockinricky posted:

Another good thing about GOG is that they're not limited to selling in the US.
That would be silly as the company behind it is CD Projekt, which is based in Poland. :v:

Although i'm glad they use the dollar to pay for games instead of the Euro. A lot more friendly for both US and EU players. :cool:

Oh and yes, gog.com is great and everyone who is reading this topic and in doubt about it should have no worries. Just buy those awesome games so we can get even more games on it. :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Weekend Deal: Simon the Sorcerer pack for $14.97

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Meh, chess and pinball games. Was hoping for something a bit more spectacular. :(

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

This was just posted on their twitter:

quote:

Big publ. announce planned during GDC. Counting on journos to give us love! Email to arrange coverage early so you don't miss the news! -Tom

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Weekend deal: patrician 3 and port royale 2 for $16

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Good deal? Yes/No?
The trailer looks nice, but the games seem pretty similar.
The metacritic ranking for both games is 75. If you like the genre i guess it's not a bad deal for 2 good games.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Blake Stone: Planet Strike has been released for $5.99.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Weekend deal: all interplay action games 25% off.

As stated on the site:

quote:

This weekend we're giving you a 25% discount on all action titles from Interplay's catalogue. To benefit from the promotion you must follow these three easy steps:

* Step 1 - check the list of action games included in the promotion. You'll find the list below.
* Step 2 - add the action games that you want to buy to your cart and proceed to the payment screen.
* Step 3 - once you're on the payment screen enter the following promo code: ACTION. You'll receive a 25% discount on every action title from the list that you have in your cart.

Interplay action titles included in the promotion:

* Die by the Sword
* Earthworm Jim 1 + 2
* Earthworm Jim 3D
* MDK
* MDK 2
* Messiah
* Shattered Steel
Don't miss the bolded part when buying the games.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Oh goodi, cannon fodder. :neckbeard:

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Ah, Sands of Time. At least gog.com will sell it to me. Steam wont let Europeans buy it.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Gaph posted:

That's rough. I guess the only advantage GOG has is that it's region free, as in not restricted to North America only? Or has that changed on Steam?
Well, that ubisoft pack is NA only. :argh:

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

I just finished all 4 sides in the Dark Prophecy campaign in Disciples II and started the Guardians of the Light campaign, but i couldnt believe my eyes reading the starting dialogues of the Undead campaign. The quality of writing went down the toilet in that second campaign. It read like some terrible fan-mission instead of official maps.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

weekend promo: Broken Sword 2 + 3 for 10 dollar.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Spring Promo: http://www.gog.com/en/page/spring_promo

Giants + Sacrifice
$ 8.98
(you save $ 3.00)

ToCA Race Driver 3 + Screamer
$ 11.98
(you save $ 4.00)

Arx Fatalis + Stonekeep
$ 8.98
(you save $ 3.00)

Painkiller Black + Redneck Rampage Pack
$ 11.98
(you save $ 4.00)

Second Sight + Messiah
$ 11.98
(you save $ 4.00)

Perimeter + Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
$ 11.98
(you save $ 4.00)

Freespace & Expansion + Freespace 2
$ 8.98
(you save $ 3.00)

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

From their site:

quote:

If you need a solid portion of good ol' shooting with loads of gibs, we have something just for you. Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold, Blake Stone: Planet Strike and Rise of the Triad are now 25% cheaper!

We're launching an Apogee promo where you can get Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold, Blake Stone: Planet Strike and Rise of the Triad with a 25% discount! That means that until Monday, May 4 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, you can grab those games for only $4.49 each! To receive the discount add the games you want to buy to your cart and proceed to the payment screen. Enter the promo code: APOGEE during checkout and you'll receive the discount on the titles participating in the promotion. It's not a bundle promo, so you can receive the discount on one, two or all three games! Check out the promo page for more details.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Original_Z posted:

Chessmaster9000 is now up. Eh, I guess the Chessmaster series is pretty legendary, sounds like this one has a lot of content and can help you be good at the game, although playing against an AI never is as good as a human opponent...
This game will kick your rear end for a long time. its better than most humans.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

New promo:

quote:

For the whole week, until Monday, May 18 at 11:59 p.m. EDT you can grab three great adventure games, The Feeble Files, Waxworks and In Cold Blood, with a 25% discount. This means you can buy each title for only $4.49!

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

And another promo: Heroes of Might and Magic (1) for $5.99

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

New promo:

quote:

Castles + Castles 2 for only $4.49
Conquest of the New World for only $4.49
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising for only $4.49
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business for only $4.49
M.A.X. + M.A.X. 2 for only $4.49
Sacrifice for only $4.49
Soldiers: Heroes of World War II for only $7.49
Perimeter for only $7.49

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

And a new game: Neighbours from Hell compilation for $9.99.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

It is indeed Under a killing moon. for 9.99.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Ghost master is worth it for the price asked yes.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Spellforce Platinum & The Guild Gold Bundle is on sale for $13.98.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Some new releases:

Personal Nightmare, some 20 year old adventure game.

Also, the Ishar compilation has added 2 more games, so if you had it before you can download the other two for free now.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

frowning posted:

Are there any games on GOG you'd recommnd for having in the background at work, something you can do a few moves at then alt+tab back to the humdrum spreadsheets? I guess dosbox games could run in a window (rather than fullscreen)... actually while I'm thinking about it something that could runn of a USB wotsit would be ideal too like in Get Well Gamers Thread.
Some of the turn-based strategy games like Disciples 2 or Jagged Alliance would work. Or maybe an adventuregame like Broken Sword.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Gamersgate has The guild gold edition for a bit less then 3 euro's at the moment, which is a bit cheaper than the 9.99 Gog.com asks for it.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Magnificent Quiver posted:

Nobody's going to complain about it if the company goes out of business you moron. I think you're confusing goons saying "I wish this hadn't happened" with people on the GOG forums freaking out and typing in caps.
Sarcasm is a form of humor that uses sharp, cutting remarks or language intended to mock, wound, or subject to contempt or ridicule. It is first recorded in English in The Shepheardes Calender in 1579:

Tom piper) An Ironical [Sarcasmus], spoken in derision of these rude wits, which make more account of a rhyming Rimbaud, then of skill grounded upon learning and judgment.
—Edmund Spenser

It comes from the ancient Greek σαρκάζω (sarkazo) meaning 'to tear flesh' but the ancient Greek word for the rhetorical concept of taunting was instead χλευασμός (chleyasmόs). Sarcasm appears several times in the Old Testament, for example:

Lo, you see the man is mad; why then have you brought him to me? Do I lack madmen, that you have brought this fellow to play the madman in my presence?
—Achish, king of Gath, I Sam 21:10-15

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

doctorfrog posted:

Honestly, if the GOG folks ever did read the wishlist, its length and retard levels present would have turned them off long ago. At this point, it's mainly a distracting doohickie for members and nothing more.

Betting World of Warcraft is on there somewhere.

:v:

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

New release: Republic the Revolution for $9.99

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Total steal at $10. Its worth 50 at least.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Grawl posted:

So what HOMM game is considered the best? I got a collector's pack with all games for my birthday two years ago, but have yet to touch it.
III yes.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

New games: Port Royale, incoming + incoming forces & Expendable.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

New hidden gem of the week: Painkiller for 9.99. And until 20 september it's 7.99

For the lonely guy who doesnt know the game, just watch this review

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

New release: The longest journey for :10bux:

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

hidden gem of the week: Spellforce platinum, now available for $7.99 instead of :10bux:

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

New release today:

Realms of Arkania 1+2 for $6

And announced as coming soon: Realms of Arkania 3 for $6

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

I just started playing might & magic 6 again. Ive played it years ago, so i didnt think i needed to check the manual as i already knew the game very well. :smug:

Well, the first goblin i encountered killed my whole team as i had no idea how the hell combat worked anymore. :( Time to get those additional downloads. Thank god they get them for download as well. :cool:

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

FLX posted:

Disciples II is kind of like Heroes of Might & Magic, right?
Major difference is that Disciples II has a different form of combat. Think more the combat of Final fantasy, instead of the grid-based combat of HoMM. But yeah, Disciples II has awesome mood & artwork. I really hope they wont ruin that in Disciples III. :(

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

New release: the incredible machine mega pack for :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

New release: Red baron Pack for :10bux:. Pack includes Red Baron 1, Red Baron: Mission Builder, and Red Baron 3D (a heavily patched version of Red Baron 2)