Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Amethyst posted:

Riven is one of the best puzzle oriented adventure games ever made and every self-respecting gamer should play it.

Do you have to play Myst first to get what's going on in it?
And are the puzzles easier or more difficult than Myst's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Mordaedil posted:

So you'll buy them when they are at full price instead? So smart!

Yeah, when I get some paychecks, have some of my backlog finished, and want to play them, I'd rather pay full price.

I'd prefer not to encourage this kind of sale because I'm far more comfortable buying one or two highly desired games than plunking down 40$ at once.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
dungeon keeper is for purchase on-site, so why would anyone need evil genius?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

It's definately System Shock 2.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Is there some kind of add on for DK that makes it higher res or something
I tried to play it and I couldn't see poo poo.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

The Kins posted:

Today brings us two indie games, so if you're here for, well, Good Old Games, then :(. Driftmoon is $12 and 99 Levels To Hell is $8.

Hakkesshu posted:

I didn't know people still made PS1 games :catstare:

It's indie, the team didn't have a billion dollars to throw at it and make it into skyrim or something.

And I kind of think those graphics are kind of... cute? charming? It's like a SNES rpg with a dimension added. I kind of want it, despite disliking rpgs in general (didn't even care for torchlight 2 that much) but I hope someone will post an impression.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

01011001 posted:

Holy poo poo, that game does not gently caress around.

Framerate is just high if you run it on a modern computer and do not adjust.
Theres a full playthrough on youtube and its really loving dull and stupid.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

doctorfrog posted:

If you don't have to have trees that peasants chop down, I'd suggest Startopia. (It does have trees!) One of my favorite fishbowl-gazing things to do is sit on the shoulder of a visitor and watch them go through their day. Hey there, ya little alien, go get your swim on in the Biodeck!

Which reminds me, SimTower really needs to exist in a buyable and playable format again.

Yoot's Tower is on the IOS, and I don't think it has IAP or anything. Might be what you're looking for but I have not bought/played it.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

RentACop posted:

We just need an HD remake

I remember being so pissed at the knowledge adventure games for turning funny old dweebish nerd dr. brain into that orange haired young and hip rear end in a top hat

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway

Saoshyant posted:

New release: Vangers (1998), a mash-up of a racing game, an RPG, and a shooter. $6 and comes with the soundtrack.

Does anyone know what the hell about this freaky looking game?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
All I have heard about pixel piracy is that the pirates poo all over the deck and you need someone to clean it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
I've seen an LP of Escape from Monkey Island and have something to add: The entire plot is loving bizarre given that the Monkey Island franchise is already a theme park version of piracy and was based on the pirates of the caribbean ride at disney. I'm really not sure if theme park version of theme park version of piracy being the big horrible threat is some kind of joke I'm not parsing or just dumb.