Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
System Shock 2 is EA right? That seems the most logical choice considering it's top on the request list by a long shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

SSJ Reeko posted:

I just bought JA2 after wanting to get into it for so long. I installed the 1.13 mod, spent a bunch of time creating a team and organizing/planning inventories, learning the game, and thinking up tactics. I saw a great Let's Play and I was pumped.

Then my six mercs with automatic weapons were killed by two guys with pistols in the first airport fight.

Welp.

If you don't mind cheating, I recommend using the merc editor in the install folder to bump up their marksmanship and agility to 85.

[e] You have to start the game over though

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Rinkles posted:

Any particular reason why Ultima IV would be picked out as free when the others are bundled?

I'm pretty sure EA released ultima 4 as freeware a few months back.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
^^^
Welp, I'm buying those games come tuesday. They just look so loving insane :psyduck:

All this ultima talk has me wondering why GOG doesn't have any wizardry games. I would love to play eight without having to pay $60+ for a used copy.

Agnostic watermelon fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 27, 2011

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
Am I the only one with no sound for wing commander 1 on windows 7? I don't see any topics on gog and I tried loving with the graphic mode thing (I needed to for the game to even start)

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

anthonypants posted:

Works fine for me on 64-bit Ultimate. Do you get any errors in installdir\WC\stderr.txt or stdout.txt?

Reinstalling seemed to fix everything but the cursor being kinda slow in the menus.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
This new system will probably just end up making me buy less from gog. I would have bought a couple titles today if it was just a straight 50% discount.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Blodskur posted:

Fahrenheit is now on GOG for $5.99.

It's worth the price solely for how batshit insane the story gets near the end.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
Is anyone else unable to actually check out with their stuff?

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

r1ngwthszzors posted:

I guess some of the post-Halo gamers aren't used to health scrounging. :)

Also, for people who haven't bought Fallout 1 or 2 yet, get it on GOG. It's way easier to mod than the Steam version. Same with Jagged Alliance 2.

What was the name of that one Fallout 2 mod that fixed a bunch of problems? I can't seem to find it with google.

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
My favorite thing about this sale is that it's still going on for like 3 more weeks, so I'm probably going to get every game I'm kinda interested in on the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!

Speedball posted:

GOG in general is kind of brilliant. Snap up a bunch of popular abandonware licenses, make sure they run on modern computers, sell them for peanuts to hungry gamers who'd rather have a good game for a tenth of the price of a new one, and bam!

Reminds me of what Jim Sterling once said. "The only way to beat piracy is to provide your product more conveniently," or some such.

It really is.

I have like, 20+ games that I would have never played beacuse I was too young when they came out. They are perfectly priced so I don't mind losing a few bucks if I do end up getting poo poo I don't like.

[e] I'm loving Age of Wonder, It's like HoM&M 3 but I don't have to worry about waiting a billion turns to get gold/resources and all your units level.