Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Rascyc posted:

I can't imagine what else it would be, they've more or less exhausted it all at this point.

I still want Grim Fandango :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

How is Ishar? Looks reminiscent of Eye of the Beholder

Basically, but harder.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Pogue_Mahone posted:

Where the gently caress do you live?

Australia. drat Kangaroos eat all the money.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's Gate 2, Baldur's Gate 2!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ha ha, wow!

It's almost like Microsoft doesn't have money to hire some professionals.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ah, worse is that I did have an interest, but as soon as I tried to login the site reminded me that I'm an unclean unamerican terrorist and thus cannot buy their stuff.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The MSJ posted:

EA better get off their asses and join GoG quick. I don't know what they are doing when even Activision and Ubisoft (their two biggest competitors) are there.

Are we talking about the same EA that DRMed the cluster-gently caress out of C&C 4? Because I don't think they would be willing to sell any of their old stuff using GoG's business model.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Elmo Oxygen posted:

Broken Sword 1 and 2 are utterly fantastic games. If I didn't have them on Steam already, I'd be snatching these up like a fiend.

I did just that. And Red Baron because it looked cool. Anyone played that, by the way?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mr Right posted:

Am I thinking of the same game and I'll eventually be a man in a café?

Yes, just keep playing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ooh boy.

EARTH 2150 TRILOGY
CONSTRUCTOR
RIVEN: THE SEQUEL TO MYST
SIMON THE SORCERER
EARTH 2160
REALMS OF ARKANIA 3
MASTER OF ORION 1+2
DARK FALL: THE JOURNAL
REALMS OF ARKANIA 1+2
SEPTERRA CORE: LEGACY OF THE CREATOR
DIVINE DIVINITY

35 USD, about 26€. Fair.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Man-In-Madden posted:

Which one is the better one between Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity?

Divine.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I don't know if anyone is looking for recommendations, but if you ever liked the PS1 Final Fantasy games, you NEED to get Septerra Core.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Wow, Quasipox is a pretty cool dude.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 20, 2010

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'm totally awesome at this photoshop thing.

justivo at gmail.com if you think that was worth anything.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

See, Obama knows what's important in life. Thanks, man. You're awesome.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

^The price is way lower in the UK. Can you buy it for me and I'll PayPal the expense?

Steam ID is Saoshyant.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Yep. It wasn't that much of a sale, though saving a couple bucks if you were buying them in bulk did add up at the end of the day.

I'm kinda annoyed I won't be able to buy Spellforce while it's on sale, though. I burned out my CC in Steam and Gog. On the other hand, I'll have games to last me an eternity.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

FRAZZLED JOHNSON posted:

Do I need to open ports or something even on a local network?

Chances are you are on Win7 and that has no IPX support. I hear there's an application that emulates the LAN support required for old games, but I don't know the details. Maybe someone else can fill you in.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

mllaneza posted:

That explains the issues I had with the rental, how is it on PC with a controller ?

Actually, I'm wondering the same thing. Does the X360 pad work here?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Andrigaar posted:

I wonder if this mythic DRM (or real) also exits you to the title screen when you lose an internet connection.

That worked so well for C&C4.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ok, someone tell me about XIII and if I should be excited about it. It looks interesting.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Slantedfloors posted:

there are harpoons

Well, guess that's that. Let me finish some more of my backlog and I'm getting this.

Improvising weapons is not something I see often (or ever, for that matter). And the art style is obviously neat.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 31, 2011

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Did anybody buy GGX2? Does the X360 controller work? I got a nice stick I'd like to use here.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Megadyptes posted:

I got my wired standard 360 controller working fine. The mappings are kinda hosed up by default though but there's an external configuration program in the game folder where you can remap pretty much every button, and also separate mappings for analogue and d-pad directional controls.

Well might as well throw up a screenshot of the config actually to demonstrate.

Thanks, man. Even the screenshot will come in handy.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Welp, I spent some quality time last night playing Guilty Gear after configuring my controller and I highly recommend that you do as well if you have any interest in good 2D fighting material.

I had a problem with the audio with my Asus Sonar card (buffers apparently didn't clear between songs) and ended up switching to onboard where I've had no issue since.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

And Beneath a Steel Sky is awesome. What is wrong with you?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The stream crashed for me; what did I miss since the Witcher 1 announcement? What's all this about blue balls?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I hope you guys like Tomb Raider :v:

What's the chance that only AitD 1 is working properly in modern systems and hence why the other two were thrown in as "bonus" content?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

And Starlancer, that would be nice

EDIT: And Chip's Challenge, which to be honest would make all the blueballing worth it

And Rise of Nations and Age of Empires and...

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

...wait a second. 295MB?

You do know that standard floppies have 1.4 MB each, right? Because 300 MB would fit in nearly 200 floppies.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Jiriam posted:

Is the remake available as a digital download? Pretty sure the one on GoG is the original

No, and I think it was only released on Europe, or at least that's what I heard.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

ToxicFrog posted:

Also, people keep saying Aquanox 2 is really bad - why?

Actually, I hear the exact opposite that A2 improved and fixed quite a few issues from the first game, but I never played either so take that for what it is.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Nobody ever speaks of Betrayal in Antara (included with Krondor). I really liked that one at the time; the illustrations were gorgeous and combining magic to create new spells was pretty interesting.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 15:38 on May 13, 2011

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

Gamersgate is similarly owned/founded by a publishing company, and they get plenty of new, DRM-free releases.

This should be mentioned more often. See ^^^^. The way people talk is like GOG are the only guys doing it. GamersGate are the prime distributors of the Paradox titles. They also carry tons of indie (crap mostly, but hey, it's a free world) stuff that won't show up in Steam or anywhere else for that matter.

True, though, that GG also carries stuff with DRM, but they will always be straightforward with their users in those cases.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

YOU GUYS 2 DAYS UNTIL THE BIGGEST ANNOUNCEMENT GOG HAS EVER DONE AREN'T YOU EXCITED

Oh, four more games...

Goddamnit, GOG. We love you and all, but stop hyping the gently caress out of everything.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Robot Hobo posted:

Then after the reveal, GOG can scoop up all this very specific evidence of consumer interest and wave it in front of the other four companies' noses as bait.

If this is what they are going to do all is forgiven, because this is indeed an ingenious tactic.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

HEY YOU GUYS SIX HOURS UNTIL THE BIGGEST ANNOUNCEMENT GOG HAS EVER DONE*

Has anyone decoded what the hell is going on in that comic of theirs?

*have you noticed the bigass counter on their homepage

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Well, I just want Sam and Max. Grim Fandango would be a huge bonus, too.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh my. Not only did they deliver this time, but the new additions are reasonably priced. Well played, GOG, well played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

bowmore posted:

Picked up:

I see a clear lack of Total Annihilation and Guilty Gear X2 in that list.

e: And Syberia.