Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

VisAbsoluta posted:

GK3 is good too, but hasn't aged so well.
Not only that, but its graphics were considered god awful even at the time of its release, and I don't think that anyone liked how it controls either. It's supposed to have a very good story though, so there's that.

I played through GK1 multiple times, and GK2 once (but consider it an excellent adventure), but I tried twice to get into GK3 and ended up stopping within the first hour of gameplay.

In another matter, I really like their Daedalic bundle (Whispered World, A new beginning, Edna and Harvey, Deponia, Chains of Satinav). It consists mostly of games that I don't own, and they all look awesome for adventure games.

The Assorted Indie Adventure bundle is great too, for anyone not having played Resonance, To The Moon and Machinarium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Humerus posted:

Sounds like they're doing a Steam-like client, which is awesome because it's something I've been wanting. All optional, of course, so the :spergin: should be fine with it (they won't be but still).

The concept for this (optional) gog galaxy client, as they describe it, also includes something like an "overlay network" across other clients in order to "bridge" players playing eg on Steam, with players that own a game on gog.com or other digital distribution clients/ platforms (?). It's not very clear though, and as a single-play gamer -mostly- myself, I am not sure that this was an actual issue before.

http://www.gog.com/galaxy

Anyway, they will be giving keys for beta access to their "The Witcher Adventure game" (card game) that will test drive the galaxy client and cross-play feature in the next days/weeks/months.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

OAquinas posted:

I rather liked Longbow when I first played it--some fun minigames and puzzles, interesting lore, and the graphics were pretty good for the era.

The hand code can gently caress itself right in the ear though.

I spent too much time with that game. I really liked it, but the first time I played it, I missed some story clues or events (english is not my native language and back then I was still learning basics) and eventually got stuck. It was a puzzle that had to do with another tree and the hand code. I must have tried so many times that at some point I knew the hand code by heart (and still could not figure out the loving tree name).

I believe I finished the game a few years later, but I have little to no recollection about what happened after the part I was stuck at.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Weren't the Black Mirror games (especially the first one) just added 1-2 months ago?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I completed the original QFTG (aka Hero's Quest: So you want to be a hero?) with text command UI, multiple times (at least once with each class), and most of them when I was younger and close to the time it came out. I still think it as the best of the series, with the 4rth one comming second only because I liked its atmosphere and parts of its story, and because it felt closer to the gameplay of the original.

I found the 2nd (Trial by Fire) too restricting and less fun -and the maze was bullshit. The 3rd one was ok at first, and boring soon after (...).

The 5th one I remember to sort of liking but I never finished it and I forget why. I saw some videos on youtube from an advanced point recently and I am ok that I stopped that poo poo.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Saoshyant posted:

"Defender of the Crown, a 1986 turn-based strategy classic, originally launched on the Commodore Amiga, is available in all it's pixelated glory on GOG.com, for $5.99!

Such a great game from my childhood.

(Wasn't this the one with the implicit adult scene out of nowhere?)

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Overwined posted:

EDIT: Holy poo poo, it was SOOO much better on Amiga than on DOS.
Yeah, I've only ever played the DOS version (on CGA!) and I was quite impressed by it (at that time, a couple of decades ago).
The Amiga version looks way better.

According to the mobygames page, there are actually several versions of it, including a freeware browser version, and a remastered version for windows which was released in 2002:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/defender-of-the-crown/screenshots

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Genpei Turtle posted:

When did this happen? I played Defender of the Crown on Amiga to death back in the day but never found anything like that. "Cast silhouettes of (probably naked) people on the wall" was about as bad as it got. Except for that ridiculous box art I guess.
It wasn't explicit in-game. And apparently not nearly as suggestive as my younger mind made it out to be.
There is an extra scene is some versions (eg. C64) where the maiden undresses (the view shows her back).
Also, the *shadows* animation is different in the DOS (and C64) version. And though the animation makes it clear that it's them holding hands, the freeze frame looked quite... tricky (again to a younger mind).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kk9UfFEYvM (at 2:57)

The "worse" the amiga version gets, as far as I can tell, is that the gown of the lady is see-through (you still only see a dark sexy sillouette in front of the fireplace).

And that concludes my (more effort than it's actullay worth) analysis of the "sex" scene in defender of the crown.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I guess it was time I got the Zork Anthology and the original Moto Racer.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
What's up lately with the "mystery" deals and bundles? Did some market research show that gamers are willing to throw money at games in bundlers/offers even if they don't know what they are buying?

...and I just realized, that if I was asked the same question, I'd probably answer "yes".

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
In the stream they also talked about a major new release (for the gog catalogue) from a new big publisher, that's very high on the wishlist and will be announced within 30 days (hopefully; the deal is not concrete yet). They also hope for another publisher, but they didn't discuss further on this; they basically only hinted it.

This is about 41 minutes into the recorded twitch stream.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's coming out on PS4 "exclusively" for a short while, but it is confirmed to be getting a PC version eventually.
Pretty sure they have explicitly stated that all versions (including PC) come out on the same date.

(From the Broken Age Kickstarter update #40: )

quote:

Double Fine is pleased to announce that, along with the console exclusive PlayStation 4 and Vita versions of Grim Fandango, Manny will also reap once again on PC, Mac, and Linux!

And that’s not all, folks! All versions will be launching simultaneously, so everyone can play on day one and not have to worry about those spoilers you’ve been successfully avoiding for the past fifteen years. (Pro-tip: stay off Twitter.)

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 15, 2014

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So they are actually doing the huge countdown thing too, huh?
It better be Lucastarts/Disney then.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Clouseau posted:

When they re-release Loom, I hope that they pack in the EGA version (which I always preferred the look of) and the audio drama that came with the game on cassette.

I'll be waiting for this to happen.

I still have the box and the floppies and the cassette somewhere at my parents house (and I'm probably never going to find them under piles of stored away stuff, and if I did, the floppies wouldn't work anymore).

They have to go for the original version because the little things that were cut for the talkie were actually quite cool stuff and made the original much much better.

I love LOOM. (too bad we are never going to see a continuation for it - but perhaps the fan made ones will be decent enough (there is a "Forge" game in the making)).

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Ooh they have the talkie version for Indiana Jones 4 (I am not sure which one Steam has).

I guess there's a reason to replay the game (probably with an external installation of ScummVM to add those post-processing filters).

I've already gone through all the paths for the game, multiple times for some, back when it was released. At some point I was considering a fan made translation to my native language, but other side projects got in the way -plus the dialogue, with all the paths this game has, is too many lines (and chaotically organized in the text file you get to work on anyway) for one person to handle.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I've just checked and I have these gift codes that maybe some people could put to good use:

Torchlight

7KBH-YQQF-UHSE-U5Q6

Little Big Adventure

7E424-B2497-D791E-25678

If someone ends up redeeeming one of those, please, leave a note about it in the thread.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Privateer is worth that alone. I already had most of it, so for me it was like 5 games for 5 bucks. Definitely pushed me over the edge on the 9.99 titles I was waiting on.
I really loved Privateer back in the day it was released. And played the hell out of it, with mouse and keyboard.
I bought the GOG version, but it was just a huge pain to try and play it. Maybe I should search for my old Saitek USB joystick to test how well it would play with that...

But there have been two fan made projects (Privateer Remake and Privateer Gemini Gold), that port the original Privateer and its expansion (Righteous Fire) to the Vega Strike engine. They should play better (I've only tried the Gemini Gold for a short while a few years ago, and it was quite decent). I think both projects have either ceased development today or it just has been too long since their last update.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I agree that URU seemed way too ambitious. And I think that I am kind of glad that its online part failed again and again. I never could get on board with the way that the "main story" would progress with events that you could totally miss and then could learn about them from other players or an online forum. And most of the co-operative puzzles were kind of garbage.

The single player game was decent. It had some great Ages, and some fan-service-oriented ones (although not always quite delivering there), but also some that seemed broken half-finished, or simply not well designed (also I remember some technical immersion breaking issues with AMD cards that made it all the way to the last iteration (free online)).

The puzzles were the same. Some quite clever and well integrated with the Ages themselves, and others quite tedious or just terrible.

The story and D'ni-verse acrobatics were absolutely abysmal. That's the first thing that hit me as a negative with URU, and it stayed and became a larger issue later on getting further into the game. This was before Revelations was released (Revelations does retcon some important stuff too). (The online free iteration of URU has some more mumbo jumbo explaining the "Shards" and the multiple D'ni island and neighborhood instances). This aspect was considerably disappointing since the game was coming straight from Cyan, and also since they obviously put a lot of work in providing background stuff for many locations and characters for the game and the series universe (you can find "books" and notebooks almost everywhere in the game. I think URU is now open source (or has forked an open source version) but I don't know if any improvements where made for it and this probably came way way too late - I believe guys from Cyan did say that it was their goal to allow players to "write" their own Ages and share them with others in the online component of URU).

So anyway, for me also, Riven was an awesome experience and probably the best game in the Myst series. Although, based on what I expected from the reviews and high praise at the time, the end result seemed to come a bit short at the first playthrough (and there was a show stopping bug with a final puzzle that involved clicking your mouse to death to have a chance at it). The soundtrack was excellent.

Myst III was ok. A little boring at parts, and with some gameplay issues (the 360 degrees camera combined with some not-so-well-thought-out map designs was obscuring the player's navigation/exploration in the environments). The soundtrack was quite good.

Myst IV revelations sucked. It looked good (most of the time) and the soundtrack was kind of ok at parts (still I hate the main theme, hate the theme of certain Ages). And then... retcons, magical stuff and stuff explained away with new magic rules, dream stuff and a horrible horrible puzzle within a dream sequence. Ugh.

Myst V was ok-ish for closure, given where the story was taken with URU. The main characters became boring quickly and the gameplay gimmick didn't work very well. I think I solved a puzzle by accident because of the clunky pattern recognition of that stupid tablet.

After purchasing URU (original iteration) and its terribly DRM-ed expansion pack (tPotS) and some more iterations of URU (gog), as well as Myst V, I think I am done with Cyan for now.

Which is why I couldn't get myself to back Obduction in its Kickstarter. If it ends up being a great adventure, I will buy and play it. It's probably a good thing that they are starting a new myth/verse. The Myst-verse seemed to have a lot of potential after Riven, but after Myst IV and URU/Myst V it got thoroughly destroyed. No point in hitting that dead horse any more.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
To be fair to Saavedro's character, who went insane and focused on getting revenge because of what the brothers did to him, he didn't exactly have all the pieces that the player had (as well as gathered) to solve that one puzzle.

I thought Dourif did quite well with the character (something I didn't think about anyone in Myst IV; and they really couldn't have casted more horribly those people on Serenia).

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So other than paying right now for being able to play the game no sooner than everyone else who buys it when it releases, what exactly does preordering get you in this case?
(to be honest, I hate pre-order exclusive bonus stuff, but I wouldn't mind a small discount)

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
lol, still. I guess I'm gonna take the huge risk involved and buy it when it releases in a week.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Some GOG users seem to be pissed that we are not getting the original version, but only the remastered one. To me it looks like exactly the same game as I remember it, with only minor improvements. I mean, I have yet to listen to the new orchestral soundtrack, but I doubt that it will be a downgrade quality-wise compared to the original one).

To be fair, maybe part of the rage was due to GOG renaming the existing community's wishlist entry for Grim Fandango to Grim Fandango HD Remastered, thus merging previous submitted votes with new ones for the remastered version (?). I still don't get it.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

choobs posted:

I'm like 90% sure they said you could switch between the old version and the new version like you could on the Monkey Island remakes. Not sure if that includes switching back to the original music or not.

I'd prefer it if they kept the original engine intact, sort of like they did for the Monkey Island remakes, where they kind of built the remake on top of the original engine (with a few extensions). This is largely for personal reasons, as I would like to be able to easily port a fan made localization mod I worked on for the original game to the remastered version.

But I am almost certain that there won't be a button to switch back and forth between old and new version of the game, and if there were it would not be as meaningful as this was for the Monkey Island remakes.

As mentioned, the control scheme will be switchable, though.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Nobody Interesting posted:

You can indeed switch to the old version.
Well then, now I am even more excited. This does bode well for the case that they kept the original engine and built the remaster around/ on top of it.
It's weird though that they don't mention this in the gog promo page. I would have put right there in the bullets list with the remastered features.

They only say this (which I mistook to refer only to being able to switch the controls):

quote:

Grim Fandango Remastered refreshes, refines, and remasters the award winning title and Tim Schafer's last hurrah as LucasArts' adventure-gaming-extraordinaire. The remaster modernizes the game's presentation and gameplay with completely repainted textures, widescreen support, and quite possibly best of all: modern controls. You can now say goodbye to unwieldy tank controls, a staple of the early 3D era, and enjoy a fully point-and-click interface - but only if you want! The option to play the game as originally envisioned is always there.

Btw, according to the forum thread (and the game page) they just confirmed that the game will have audio and text for Deutsch, English, Spanish, French, Italian and Portuguese.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Peas and Rice posted:

I would buy 10 copies of the FM Towns port of Loom if they ever do it.
This, I'd also like to see. I still have the original EGA version with the floppies, the extra floppy for Roland MT-32 and the audio drama tape :) - and I kind of hate the changes made to facilitate the CD talkie version (which is also on Steam).

Also why the hell hasn't anyone involved in the original Loom kickstarted a sequel already? I'd pay for it even (especially) if they used the exact same art.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pretty sure you'd have better odds of winning the lottery than seeing Forge get made at this point.

I seem to remember Brian Moriarty providing positive feedback to a few of the fan attempts for a sequel. I think one was called "Chaos", and is no longer active, and the other is called "Forge", is still active and is probably the most promising of the bunch (yes, there were more than two, and one I got to play some 7 years ago was pure garbage).

So we will probably see some (fan made) sequel, at some point. I just think that with Winnick being involved in the very successful (beyond or against logical expectations) Thimbleweed kickstarter and other former (and famous) LucasArts people trying their own projects on kickstarter, it would be reasonable to expect Moriarty to do so too.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Hakkesshu posted:

Loom is owned by Disney now. No one is ever making a direct sequel that game.
You are probably right. But I wouldn't be that sure about it.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
How long have they been doing the "More games in ... " countdown on the first page of the GOG site?

Is this just a countdown for the Tuesday / Thursday releases or something that indicates that this week's titles will be something special?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
oooh. That's great. So tomorrow we'll be getting more Lucasfilm titles in addition to the Grim Fandango remastered release :)

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Come on and unlock Grim Fandango already, GoG. It's the 27th in Australia already! :f5:

Grim Fandango remaster is now unlocked!
Also, at some point it seems that they added the making of videos (that you can also find in Double Fine's youtube channel) in the bonus stuff you get with the game. The soundtrack does not seem to be included as a bonus.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Aaaand downloading it now. :peanut:

Such a shame the soundtrack's not included though.

So far it plays really well on my desktop PC, it looks like I remember it and sounds awesome, too (the music is the same; I haven't spotted any tracks that have significantly changed with the transition to orchestral music). The game's minimum requirements are quire high though. The mouse control works fine, although it works better (tank controls aside) to use the keyboard to move Manny around and see him move his head in sign of interest for the objects around him. Fortunately, the mouse controls work together with the keyboard contols; you don't have to switch out of one of the two. And apparently if you choose so, you can use either of the controls exclusively to complete the game. The tank controls also offer two options. Camera related movement (default) and tank controls.

You can switch back and forth between the remastered graphics and the classic ones using backspace (default key).

I also checked whether residualVM would recognize the game if I pointed it to the installation folder of the remaster. The main resource (lab) files seem to be there, but their checksum must have been changed, because residualVM does not recognize it. Maybe they will add support for it later on (like scummVM did with the Steam games - I am not sure about the gog versions) and we will be able to also play the pure original game with residualVM as well (?)

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

macnbc posted:

I really don't get the love for Myst 3. The villain of the game has the solution to all his problems quite literally staring him in the face for decades in his own native language. The player solves in a couple hours what he spends a large percentage of his lifetime simply glossing over while plotting out an extremely detailed and elaborate revenge scheme.

It's a plot hole so large you could sail the Stoneship boat through it.
The way I remember it, he was still lacking some critical information to solve his... problem. Even if he had the patience and went through the lesson Ages to get the rest of the required information from there (not sure if he was in the right state of mind for that), there was still something missing, that the stranger conveniently has from get go. And even after solving that (which he didn't), there was that last "gently caress you" switch from Atrus.

I do recall that there was some sort of weird logic about where the linking book was and that something did not make sense about that last Age, but I can't remember what the issue was anymore.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

BiggerJ posted:

Every single continuity error in Myst can be explained by the fact that, officially, every single game and book in the series is metafiction from the universe in which they take place. For example, the novels place D'ni's entrance somewhere in the Middle East or something, but in the game's it's on the Zandi property in North America. The in-universe explanation is obvious - they wanted to keep the location secret.
Going off on a bit of tangeant here, I hated the fact that Myst had seemingly such a well constructed universe and the creators seem to have put a lot of effort to provide depth for the characters and the D'ni civilization (mainly in Riven and in the three books), and then they squandered it all with retcons and "artistic license" excuses (and kind of crappy or subpar sequels; it's the chicken and the egg).

And then they come up with the RealMyst Masterpiece Edition last year, where they basically remake (in some cases, while taking away a few stuff) RealMyst, with no additions whatsoever to improve or fix on what they for years have claimed was design forced by technology limitations. Oh wait, no, they added a flashlight(!) rendering stupid one of the main puzzles in Stoneship Age.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

John Murdoch posted:

While I'm not sure how big the team was that worked on rMM was, I didn't think Cyan was really in a position to start radically changing what they had. I was under the impression they were down to pretty much a skeleton crew at this point, and are only ramping back up for Obduction. And honestly, going back and fixing 20 year old game design...at that point they're basically making a new game anyway, for all the changes they'd have to make to "fix" Myst.
You are of course correct. Cyan would not put much effort on the rM:Masterpiece, but it seems to me that since that excuse of "we couldn't do that back then because limitations and because artistic license and now it is retconned so go with it" they had numerous releases of the exact same game, and the chose day to night transitions every 5 or so minutes. I mean come on...

John Murdoch posted:

What was removed from realMyst Masterpiece?
If I recall correctly a few users reported that some Ages (excluding the bonus one) no longer had day/night cycles as they did in the original rM. And Stoneship seemed to be always in night time. I don't own the game myself and I can't verify this, other than this seemed to be the case from a few gameplay videos I watched (I was considering of buying it). The game did get a few updates though, and the latest 2.0 was released only a few days ago.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Trapezium Dave posted:

If it helps I remember the later chapters being noticeably better than the first couple. I thought in total it hit the Monkey Island formula better than Escape did (although obviously it varies from person to person what they think makes a game more "Monkey Island").
Yeah, I agree with this too.Although, I played the whole "season" of episodes when all 5 of them were released, so I didn't have to wait for long periods in-between which could have killed my interest, given that I didn't enjoy much some parts (and a puzzle) of the first episode. Then again, iirc the episodes were released in quite a timely manner, following a much tighter schedule than TellTale seems to have now for their episodic series.

That said, I haven't replayed the game, and apart from some story highlights and a few characters and locations, I can hardly recall details.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Pengu! posted:

The Void is now on GOG for $9.99 with 50% discount that will last until next week.

http://www.gog.com/game/void_the

I guess now would be as good of a time as any for me to grab it. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

The Void is a weird game. It's very hard and not very user-friendly (also not recommended if you are already feeling somewhat depressed or even have the general blues). It is atmospheric, has original mechanics (that sort of work sometimes and other times they can get you frustrated) and I'd say worth it to see to the end -if you get hooked, but it's definitely not for everyone.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I thought that GOG had fixed the bugs with the search function and the updated games indicator, but this does not seem to be the case (at least today).
That button that filters "new and updated" vs all games, does absolutely nothing, and the updated games number has been stuck for days (I've since made some purchases and some of my existing games have been updated). Also the Library search AJAX function apparently looks up hidden (description) fields too, so putting something like "Myst" in it returns about 30 irrelevant titles, which presumably have "mystery" somewhere in their description.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Gilok posted:

Nobody wants Lumino City

My biggest problem with Lumino City, is that it followed up on Lume. A not even half finished adventure game of like 3 puzzles that was basically sold as a full game cashing in on the cute design and very interesting art, and which was actually more like half a demo of what's to come (it basically ends on a to be continued note). Lume's last puzzle was actually challenging unlike the rest, but its challenge came out of the blue, and it was injustifiably difficult to solve it (for me anyway). That game's length is basically determined in how many hours you spend thinking over that one last puzzle, going back and forth between 2 or so scenes.

With Lumino City they didn't even bother to integrate Lume in it, or sell it as free DLC, or at least offer an upgrade option for it, as far as I know.

Other than that I've read/watched some enthusiastic *early* reviews about the Lumino City game, while later ones were more on the lukewarm side.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Elias_Maluco posted:

Could someone please recommend me some good recent (recent like: from the past 10 years) adventure games? Ive been out of the genre for decades, but lately Ive been feeling and point-and-click adventure itch.

Specially sci-fi/mystery adventure games (like "The Dig", "Beneath a Steel Sky", "Myst" etc), I always prefered then to the funny ones (although I did enjoyed a lot of funny ones too).

Wadjet eye games' Resonance is my favorite of their (pretty good overall) bunch of games. It is sci-fi themed, you get to control different characters, there is an interesting long term and short term memory game mechanic and the puzzles are for the most part well designed.

I'd also recommend The Cat Lady as an interesting mystery (non sci-fi) adventure game, if you don't mind some supernatural elements and the general depressing tones of the story.Also a good adventure game with sci-fi and supernatural and fantasy elements is To The Moon. And The Dream Machine is quite interesting although there is still a final (sixth) chapter pending for it to be complete.

From recent remasters of old non-sci-fi games, there is the Grim Fandango remastered edition and the Last Express Gold Edition (and of the two I would personally recommend the latter as a favorite).

edit: The Dream Machine is not on gog (yet), although I think they still do offer a version outside Steam (Which I wouldn't recommend). Also GOG does not offer the Gold Edition of Last Express, but rather the vanilla one, which is essentially the same game where it matters anyway.

AbstractNapper fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Anyone noticed when new releases usually become available on Gog? Do they release at the same time as Steam or do they go by the date of their (presumably) polish servers?

I think -from what I have noticed anyway, that they typically release new games within the gap between 10 am GMT and maybe 3pm GMT... The scheduled releases (which typically are either classic old games or games that are already on Steam - ie not exactly "new" releases), seem to happen early in the morning in GMT terms on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

For new games, there have been occasions when they released a game late in the evening (GMT) -I think this was a case with Apotheon, which was released just a few hours (maybe) after the Steam release- or early in the morning (the Grim Fandango Remastered case - but in that case I think it was intentional to have it on GOG first, a few hours before it was available on Steam).

But yeah, they mostly seem to be going by "European" timezones, and there have been forum threads on gog mentioning how it's hard or impossible to quickly push a new game or patch to distribution if the developer delivers it late in the evening, and especially if it's Friday or the weekend. Also, supposedly they have an internal QA process they run everything by (games, patches, dlc) and that could cause some additional delays.