Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

That said, Isuka also comes with its soundtrack, which is also well work $2.40 on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

The Kins posted:

Today's new release is the N64 game Shadowman for $6. Weirdly, there's some extra extras mentioned on the news post but not the store page that'll supposedly be emailed to you if you buy it - a code for Issue 1 of the 2012 reboot of the Shadowman comic on Comixology, and a coupon for six bucks off a t-shirt.

(EDIT: Oh, it's mentioned now above the buy button. Weird way to mention it.)

It appears that the rights to the game has wound up with Valiant. So, as far as they're concerned, it's free money and a free PR opportunity.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
New weekly deal (and new releases): Super Indie 5. It's another one of those "buy more, get bigger discount" bollocks, but the games are pretty good (although admittedly you should have bought half of them elsewhere already in bundles).

VVVVVV, Escape Goat, Ben There Dan That + Time Gentlemen Please, Adventures of Shuggy and Gateways. Grab the lot for $4.95, or individually for two bucks.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Jamesman posted:

There's a Gold edition for The Pit and a "DLC upgrade" on GOG now, and I'm kinda confused as to what those actually are.

They launched an all the DLC edition of The Pit (the Gold edition, unsurprisingly) alongside new DLC (the upgrade).

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

DeathChicken posted:

Jesus, just sat there and watched Neverwinter Nights 2 roll from 400 left to 200 left like it was the health bar from Earthbound or something.

Nabbed it for four bucks. For Mask of the Betrayer alone, I'm fairly sure I'm going to get my money's worth.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Holy poo poo, this sale. :master: doesn't even cover the sheer evil genius of it.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
~20 free copies of Ultima Underworld. :frog: GOG: entirely staffed by bad men and bad women.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
:siren: ALPHA CENTURI FOR 150 CENTS :siren:

Somehow it hasn't already disappeared.

[Edit] Oh would you look at that, it disappeared. Psychonauts for $2.49 now.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
King of Dragon Pass. A bit underwhelming considering we had Alpha Centruri for the same price literally a minute ago, but whatever. This will probably also disappear.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
:siren: BALDUR'S GATE 1, $1.99 :siren:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Omerta's on now. Alright ladies and gents, piss break.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Myron posted:

Is Omerta really that bad or are people just angry about the overpriced DLC? :smith:

Bit of column A, bit of column B, plus the small fact that it's an $8 game in a two buck sale.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
I think their website is tapping out at this point.

[Edit] Yep, overwhelmed here too. And I want to give them a buck fifty for Total Annihilation!

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Deakul posted:

How the hell is this going by faster than Omerta?

There was only 50 copies to begin with, vs Omerta's 400.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
And we are underway again with Hotline Miami for $2.49. Because we know you all missed out on the free copies.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Heroes of Might & Magic 5 for $5. Because we also know you missed this when it was free.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
A $22.49 game. Piss break!

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Antti posted:

There's only 85 and it's a new not-poo poo game, but I think you can squeeze a piss-break in here

I know, but it's also by far the most expensive game thus far, so expect people to take time on it. Not as much as Jack Keene 2, but enough to take a trip to the toilet or brew a cup of tea or something.

[Edit] Evidently I know nothing. :downsgun:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 for $6. I'm fairly sure it's been that price before on GOG fairly recently.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Rise of the Triad, $7.50. I'm fairly sure it'll hit that price regularly in the next couple of months.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Riddick for three bux? Get on that, yo.

[Edit] And there goes a bunch of free Rayman Origins. Ultima 7 for $1.49 now.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

:jerkbag:

In other news, Lucius for $4. Piss break!

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
And here comes :siren: Baldur's Gate 2 for $2 :siren:

[edit for beat]

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
I suspect that GOG was lowballing when they said 101 games. How many are we up to now?

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Master of Orion 1 + 2 for $1.50? Already gone by the time this post is live, probably.

[Edit] Yup, to be replaced by :siren: PLANESCAPE TORMENT FOR TWO BUCKS :siren: Holy poo poo, this sale.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Exodor posted:

I think MOO killed the server.

I filled out my paypal payment info so hopefully I got my order in before it died.

Probably, considering apparently nobody's bought $2 Torment yet. :v:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
The only reason why this Planescape Torment sale isn't already over is because of technical issues. Get in the most pit if you haven't got it already, you heretic.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Hotline Miami encore! Yup, we've probably reached the end of the original sale.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Jamesman posted:

Going back to this, I have the base version of The Pit. If I wanted to get all the new content, what am I supposed to be buying? There's the DLC, the Gold edition, and the DLC Gold Upgrade.
For folks with the base version of The Pit, you'll need Mindgames and the Gold Update.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

dud root posted:

Is Gone Home on Gog? Get that too if it comes up

I'll have to double check, but I don't think so. In any case, it's definitely not part of this sale, since we've cycled through all of the games that are in this sale already.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Tarquinn posted:

How/why does Arcanum keep staying on spot two of the top sellers list? It isn't part of the sale, is it?

Top sellers are manually edited, AFAIK.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Baby Sathanas posted:

OH FML I can't believe I missed Jade Empire. :smith:

The good news is that it's 75% for the week over in Steam.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

BadAstronaut posted:

OK so this sale basically seems to be going on forever. I wonder if I'll get Jade Empire or not. Thought this was going to be a very quick flash sale and then gone, but it's been going on for days now. Did they ever announce how long it was actually going to be, or was their silence on this matter a good marketing move to get people to buy more in the first day or two?

I think we're down to the last four games or something. And you missed Jade Empire.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Which box are you guys picking to score Omikron? Timeless Classics? Just want to know which one I need to keep pressing :rolldice:.

That would definitely be Timeless Classics.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

my dad posted:

What the hell is "The Swapper"? Is it worth buying?

The Swapper is a puzzle platformer with practically no platforming. Basically, the punchline is that you can clone copies of yourself and swap which clone is in control. Add in a creepy, (literally) hand-crafted sci-fi setting and you have The Swapper. It's pretty good.

Also, :siren: vote for the 80% off all the D&D games pack for tomorrow! :siren:

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
My Timeless Classics pull today is Evil Genius for $3.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

ovaries posted:

Enough about that, though: Are the Telltale Sam and Max games any good? They're the only Telltale games that I don't have, and if they manage to capture any part of what made the original so great then I'd probably like to take a chance on them.

I can't comment on whether they stand up to Hit The Road, but I've played through Season 1 and a bit of Season 2 (and I really should get round to finishing off Season 2 and The Devil's Playhouse) and for $5 a pop, they're well worth a go. Might be worthwhile downloading Abe Lincon Must Die, a free episode from Season 1, and really was the point where the game kicks into gear. That all said, season two is better, and so would be my pick if you really can't spend more than five bux. I'm told that Devil's Playhouse is even better, but I haven't played it yet. That said, if you like Abe Lincon Must Die, the whole lot for $15 is a pretty good deal.

Oh, and fair warning, there's a non-zero chance that Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures may be removed from stores soon (they've been removed from XBLA).

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

King Vidiot posted:

I think Deus Ex has nearly reached that saturation point where GoG are just going to give away a free copy to anyone with a GoG account, like they did with Duke Nukem 3D.

The timer suggests otherwise.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Coming soon to GOG: region restrictions!

quote:

For the first one, I dunno. We don't currently have any agreements in place where this is going to happen. If it ever comes up in the future where someone can't find the rights for, I dunno, Mauritania or Turkey, yeah. I can see us doing that.

It's getting to the stage where they might as well throw up their hands and say "we want to be the Humble Store".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

al-azad posted:

And as long as they continue to let you set your region manually, it won't be an issue. They got rid of IP logging specifically because of The Witcher 2.

AFAIK they removed that very quickly due to Bamco lawsuit.