Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

I would love to see "The lost files of Sherlock Holmes" on gog. If the 3DO version of the serrated scalpel with voice acting could be ported over that would be great. Are there any fan patches to get 'The Case of the Rose Tattoo' running on 64-bit machines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

The new regional pricing system seems quite interesting. The Witcher 3 is $21.97 more than the US, which GOG refunds as part of the fair price package. For those that care it costs $80.99 AUD with the promotion - about $75 USD.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

I take back what I said earlier in regard to regional pricing being reasonable. If I buy the Witcher 3 from steam I pay the US price of $53.99 USD as opposed to the mysterious regional price of $75 USD (converted from Australian dollars even though my region is New Zealand) on Gog. It seems somewhat bizarre that a major competing service is able to circumvent the regional stuff.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

apophenium posted:

Just picked up Master of Orion 1+2. Is there a decent tutorial floating around somewhere? I have no idea what I'm doing.

The manual included in the gog pack is worth a read, but this LP http://lparchive.org/Master-of-Orion-2-%28by-nweismuller%29/ is what got me into trying it out and gives a good outline on how to approach the game.

For your first few goes it might be worth turning off the complex ship combat until you get a feel for the management aspect. I haven't spent much time on Master of Orion 1, but 2 can become very addictive.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

Peas and Rice posted:

Fair enough.

Still want my loving Conquests of Camelot/Longbow.

Christy Marx the designer/director/writer of the conquests series has the games available for free on her website. http://www.christymarx.com/writing/longbowfiles.htm

It's been a long time since I've used those files but they should run fine under dosbox.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

Hopefully the HD remake of Day of the Tentacle will see the light of day. Apparently it was quite close to completion before the project was stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Finally got around to trying the Tex Murphy games (specifically Under a Killing Moon), and good lordy who thought analogue mouse movement was a good idea? The writing's fun though :allears:.

It would be nice if they remade the older Tex Murphy games with the Tesla Effect interface, I really struggle with the old movement system especially when looking up or down.