Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

MonkeyforaHead posted:

If you've already got DN3D on XBLA there's not much point unless you feel like modding the hell out of it. Personally I'm not huge on ROTT, but it's a different game, go for it.

Proper Mouselook, user maps and 3D acceleration is reason enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

404notfound posted:

Well, but also I don't think the two services are meant to be overlapping that much. It's inevitable, given that any publisher who goes the digital distribution route will probably want to put their games on as many services as possible, but the original purpose of GOG is to provide good old games. Obviously, that's open to interpretation, but I think everybody can agree that games like Far Cry and Sands of Time aren't really the sort of thing that GOG was designed for. Not that it's a bad thing to have them available for people who just don't or can't buy them on Steam.

The more games the better. Them not having any DRM makes them a much more worthwhile purchase from GOG rather than getting them elsewhere.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Squish posted:

Has anyone played Descent I/II on an AMD machine? Ever since I got my first Athlon I've had to leave these games on the shelf. I have tried Dos box and had no success - there's some kind of timing problem with AMD CPUs on that game, and everything goes way too fast.

That shouldn't be an issue at all with DOSBox. The CPU is entirely emulated.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Zat posted:

Well, that Duke offer just got me. Manhattan Project was great fun while Duke 3D is one of the greatest things ever. That game was the first time places looked pretty much like real world in a 3D game let alone an FPS, and the coolness didn't stop there. Also probably the first game I played multiplayer in LAN.

edit after playing for about 15 minutes: I'm very surprised by how enjoyable Duke3D is without using any modern enhancements; everything I needed was in the old Setup. I set the controls right for my modern thinking (WASD keys, "inverted" mouse Y-axis), General Midi instead of Soundblaster as the music card (gently caress I love the soundtrack), and the 800x600 maximum resolution is certainly enough with the original textures and sprites. Preconfigured Dosbox is making it all nice and hassle-free for me. I'm loving it.

edit 2: Can I disable the vertical autoaiming somewhere? Kinda too easy right now since I'm mouselookin'

Just use eduke32. You can run it so it looks and plays almost exactly like the original duke with the bonus of it running a hell of a lot better and having non-gimped mouselook. You can turn autoaiming off too.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Sporadic posted:

That's the offical answer but back when this was first announced, Joe (whatever his last name is) said they didn't include it because it would have made the download too big and they didn't want to pay for the bandwidth.

Jesus christ Joe is loving lazy. I'm pretty sure DOSBox supports MP3-encoded CD Audio tracks.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I bought Colin McRae 2005, along with Hostile Waters (I remember it being reviewed years ago and I thought it looked interesting).

al-azad posted:

Now that a new MechWarrior was announced, the games need to find their way to GoG.

Like now.
I'd love to see MechWarrior 2 and it's expansions released, but I doubt it will be because of licensing issues due to it being developed and published by Activision.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Grawl posted:

You have a right to complain when a hot coffee of Starbucks falls into your lap, or when you got a speeding ticket, or when you're 5 minutes late and the bank is indeed closed. It still doesn't mean you need to.

So did you even own these games? You never got back to me on that. Nevermind -- You're an rear end in a top hat. Don't bother replying to me.

I own one. You are a oval office.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Grawl posted:

You mean GOG.

No. You are a oval office.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Not worth it. Postal 2 isn't even something you can enjoy ironically.

gently caress you I enjoyed playing it.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I'd love to see some some old Amiga exclusive games get released on GoG. I missed out on all that since I only ever had a PC.

AxeManiac posted:

Alley Cat

:cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

Blood was awesome. Needs a remake badly. The humor and setting was awesome, but they need to update the gameplay and make it not so hard!

loving pussy :smug: