Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!

Bart Fargo posted:

Why does MechWarrior 2 only have 2670 votes. My world makes no sense.

I was thinking something similar for No One Lives Forever, with only 4300 votes. :smith: Good thing I still have the original CDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
I just decided to spend all of :10bux: x 1.5 and get the "Indie Puzzlebox" set: Shattered Haven, Incredipede, Unmechanical, Space Chem, Puddle, and The Ball. So many excellent choices here. Anyone here have any favorites out of this bunch? I'm looking for recommendations on which game to start with.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Peas and Rice posted:

Princess Rosella from King's Quest 4 sitting around crying. Or Leisure Suit Larry. Or the :qfg: hero.

A crying Shodan.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

MMAgCh posted:

Cybertears.

Saoshyant posted:

:ennui:

Or just :shodan: if you don't want the clever version.

Would it be too late to add some text for "80% OFF" along the left hand side?

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Just glad I was able to snag one of the last copies of The Real Texas. :getin:

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Jack Keane 2: Staller of Sales

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Mercury Crusader posted:

That last copy of Jack Keane 2 sat there for like five minutes or something.

I just imagined a crowd milling about, all silent and awkward... and then one guy sighing, then shrugging, stepping forward, and saying "Okay, fine..."

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Holy poo poo, "I have no mouth" went by for free so fast I didn't even catch it while :f5:

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Why did I not buy Baldur's Gate

What the hell is wrong with me

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Just snagged Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic. Glad that I keep an off-line wish list.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Oldstench posted:

There are people on GOG who don't own Witcher 2?

I was thinking this too. :psyduck: Maybe it's just people with scripts auto-buying it by accident. Hopefully they'll gift it to friends or something.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

I have to use the bathroom. We need another Jack Keane 2.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Baldur's Gate 2. Got it.

YEAH BABY!

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

And got Startopia :smug:

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Saigyouji posted:

Is there anyone on Earth who doesn't own Torchlight?

If it wasn't for the warnings that Steam and GOG put up on the screen, I'd probably own a half dozen copies by now.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Mercury Crusader posted:

Sale's over, thanks for stopping by!

You stay classy, San Diego.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Glad I finally got Theme Hospital so I can stop being a horrible person. :toot:

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

By now, I'd kind of like to see a goon do a Let's Play on Jack Keane 2, but I don't have the time or the :suicide: to do it.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Xotl posted:

Please change the thread title to Jack Keane 2 is out! How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Please do this. There is no more perfect thread title right now.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

gone already.

Nothing stops this train.

Except Jack Keane 2. :v:

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Hogburto posted:

drat, I thought I'd have time to look at the trailer for Shelter since I'd never heard of it and then I REALLY wanted to buy it on sale, but it was gone.

Same here. Hadn't heard of it before, then I saw the page, and it looked really intriguing. I hope to catch it on the next round.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Raging Mule posted:

I saw Septerra Core flash on my screen for about a second before changing to Rayman Origins. I need more coffee to be quicker

Yeah, I don't think it was 1000 free copies. I saw 40 on the banner.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

And... finally got Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga. :smug:

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Is this the first time they've done a sale like this? I'm hoping that they do a post-mortem when it's all done and work on finding ways to make it less bot-friendly next time. I say these even if I realize it's just an arms race against people with too much spare time.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

radlum posted:

Syberia now; it's moving rather fast (since it's just 1.99). Is it any good?

For $1.99, why even ask? Just grab it.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Startopia going fast.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Hoping to see Aquanox 1 again pretty soon, since I missed that on the first round.

It will be interesting to see what lessons GOG learns from this and applies next time. My own personal take-away from this is that people will download a free game without even knowing what it is, they'll buy a $2 game if it looks even remotely appealing, and for a $10 game, they'll think about it a long... long... time.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Aaand... AquaNox. :toot:

That completes my wishlist for this time around. Thanks for all the useful info during the sale, y'all.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Hi Gog, if you could sell all those copies of Puddle, a game I already own, and then put up Thief II for $1.99 before I finish my morning cup of coffee and have to drive to work, I'd really appreciate it. tia

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Well, Jade Empire certainly sold out quickly. :catstare:

Is there an updated list of what remains yet? Still hoping for Thief II.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Thanks Kennel and Tombstone. At the rate we're going, this should be over pretty soon indeed.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

FINALLY. And with that, I'm done. :toot:

Did anyone else other than Armor want a copy? I know he's covered already.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

They have Heroes of Might and Magic 1, 2 and 3 on sale for $2.49 each, so I've decided to finally see what the fuss is about and pick one up.

Question is, which one? I'd would think just "3" based on the reviews, but, are they all so amazingly awesome that I should buy them all?

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

poo poo, that feature would sell as well as any game.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Now up, "Pirates! Gold Plus"

Edit: Followed by "SiN Gold". Moving at a better clip than I thought it would.

NadaTooma fucked around with this message at 06:02 on May 13, 2014

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

According to this useful Reddit thread http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/25mvg6/gog_updated_google_doc_of_whats_done_and_whats/ posted here earlier, Painkiller isn't on its last chance yet.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

Well, it doesn't look like they're updating that "last chance" thread on Reddit anymore, dammit. Anybody know if "Long Live The Queen" is still in the queue?

I want play a pretty princess that gets killed a lot

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

It was NadaTooma. Sent a PM in case. Is this game supposed to be good? Haven't heard much. Looks embarrassingly anime as gently caress.

Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate it, but I was out running errands. :ughh: Oh well, enough in the queue for now.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

I'm a bit late to it all, but does "last chance" mean the game will never be on sale again, or that the game will never be on GOG again?

All the site changes are confusing me so. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

I decided to try out the Mutator promo. I ordered Deponia, Divinity 2, and Dust, and for the three random choices I ended up with Wizardry 6&7, Influx, and Luftrausers. Are any of the three randoms worth trying out?