Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Five more games I won't be playing, but I that I will purchase anyway because it's too good a deal and this money is burning my pocket. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I was disappointed when Intel chose to go with "Pentium II" and not "Sextium."

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Lodin posted:

If you have any interest in I Have No Mouth then buy it right loving now and back it up on a DVD, SD-Card and a USB-stick. This is one of those games I never believed GOG would ever get because Harlan Ellison is such a huge dick. I can't even imagine what they did to get the digital rights. The only way to get it for years has been via mail order from some weirdo.
The reason you should back it up is because Harlan might throw a fit and cancel the whole agreement at the drop of a hat. He actually phoned up Lowtax and yelled at him over a frontpage article once.
This made me wonder what other GOG.com title could suffer the same fate. I'm the kind of guy that just lets the files linger in my account without downloading a backup copy, and I might have to rethink this approach. Regardless, this game was an instant purchase.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Pretty much the only thing I disliked about Grimrock was that it felt too short, and that I wanted more. So I guess what I'm saying is that Grimrock 2 will be an instant buy.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
How is Cognition? I don't really trust the GOG.com reviews. For comparison's sake, I enjoyed Resonance and the Blackwell games.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Over 1800+ days doesn't sound like being late to the game, at least not to me. I figure the odds are good enough that I might as well post in that thread.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Avadon 2 was just released on GOG.com. :allears: There is an option to purchase it on Spiderweb's own website, but it's more than twice as expensive over there. So there doesn't seem to be any reason to do so.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

JustJeff88 posted:

Presumably Jeff would then get all the proceeds, but I couldn't justify that either. I just bought Avadon 2 on GOG and I own all of his other games from that bundle, plus all the ones on Steam and all the others on GOG. I'm sure that some of his hard-core supporters would buy directly from him, but I think that I've more than done my part already and don't need to pay double for a new release.
I impulsively bought the first one from his site, but now I kind of regret it, as Jeff wasn't given any GOG keys and I'd rather have it in my GOG library. I don't think I even have the download link anymore. Not that it's permanently lost, but I'd still have to dig for it.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Avadon 2 has been fun so far. However I'm glad I selected "Hard" at the beginning, because even then, the vast majority of battles are quite easy. The only really hard fight I ran into could also be easily solved with a dialogue option.

Here's another code for Arcania 1+2

https://secure.gog.com/redeem/u6levvhr

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Cognition for :10bux:? Yes, please. It may not turn out to be the best adventure game, but as I own (or have played) most of the other adventure games on GOG.com, pickings are slim.

It's packaged with Gabriel Knights: Sins of the Fathers but you can buy it separately anyway (if you already own GK).

Antti posted:

Getting Omerta at 7.99 for your random offer is the worst thing.
:cawg:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Shear Modulus posted:

Thinking about buying the DnD pack even though all I really want to play are Icewind Dale 2 and Temple of Elemental Evil. Are Demon Stone and Dragonshard as lovely as they look?
Since no one else commented on Dragonshard: I gave up on this game due to the control scheme. I simply could not figure out how to (effectively) control more than a very small number of units. I'm talking about sending them into combat and expecting them to win, rather than just throwing them into a meat grinder and pointlessly wasting resources.

I'm certain they would be more effective if I was able to reliably use their special abilities. But to do so, I had to click on individual units, click on the icon for the skill, and possibly click on yet another thing afterward (such as a target). And then doing it all over with a different unit. This is completely unacceptable in an RTS made in 2005.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I had a lot of fun throwing in a bard. I picked a gnome as the race as well, as I found the thought of the party's diplomat being a gnome amusing. The song buffs and the enchantment spells certainly don't hurt either.

BTW Divinity: Original Sin is now available on GOG, if you haven't obtained it already.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

al-azad posted:

I don't know if you can use someone's blood to bake bread but I wouldn't be surprised.

It is now my goal to find a way to make blood pudding in D:OS with the remains of my fallen enemies.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
They aren't kidding about the playtime, I clocked in at 70 hours on my first playthrough on the PSP. I did try to go for as many side quests as possible without a walkthrough.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I snatched Gothic 2 and 3, and Amnesia. I already own Gothic 2 in physical format, but I like the idea of having a digital copy.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Freedom Force vs The Third Reich is a really good game that originally tanked mainly due to using the god awful StarForce DRM.
Is there a way to rotate the map? I remember playing a demo, and being able to zoom in and out, but that was it.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

ToxicFrog posted:

How are the Gothic games? I played Gothic 2 briefly back in the day, but found the UI completely impenetrable and the difficulty unforgiving.
I played both the first Gothic, and Gothic 2 to their conclusion. I'd say that Gothic 2 isn't quite as hard and unforgiving as the first, but that might just be expectation and experience. Once you figure out certain things about the interface, particularly how to handle weapons, things go much more smoothly. I've also seen very few games match its sense of exploration and danger.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

C-Euro posted:

I'm looking at this sale list and for some reason I have Summoner wishlisted. Yay or nay?
The only reason I never finished Summoner (at least the boxed copy I had) was encountering a bug that halted the plot progression. I could not find a patch for it, nor a solution for it online (and apparently I was one of the few unlucky ones that ran into it). And the only real solution seemed to be restarting the game from the beginning, and hoping to avoid triggering the bug. I liked the game well enough, but back then I just gave up and played the next shiny thing instead.

I snatched Summoner as well, as I can't seem to find my DVD anymore. :sigh:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
How do I add games to my wishlist now, since the GOG redesign?

Edit: I derped, I was trying to add a game that was already on my wishlist.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I hope it's just a temporary glitch that the games I purchased in the 80% promo disappeared from my library. :catstare:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Overwined posted:

Yup! It was a great game and flashing a little boob for puberty-addled brains was the cherry on the top.

One of the ads made a very strong impression on my teenaged self.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Shadowrun - Dragonfall: Director's Cut has been released on GOG.com. If you already purchased the Dragonfall DLC, you will get a link that lets you redeem a free copy in your account library, on the Shadowrun page.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

JustJeff88 posted:

This turned out to be spot-on, LC. Wasteland just hit today and the regular edition is a much less egregious $40. I'm still going to wait and see if it drops around the holidays, but that's better. I've seen the content that comes with the "Digital Deluxe Edition" and I'm rather perplexed as to how it's worth $20 more.

Some of the Wasteland 2 Deluxe reviews complain that the price changed from $39 to $59. :doh:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I lost my patience with X-Wing in the final trench mission. That's right, not even Redemption broke me, but somehow the final mission did.

So I ended up cheating. You are supposed to dodge the enemies (particularly TIE Advanced) by flying into the trench. Well, I turned around, shot down all the enemies, flew high over the trench, then divebombed the target. Luke Skywalker would have been proud. :downs:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I already have The Witcher 2 on my GOG account, and I just received the redeem code for it. So I'd like to share it with someone. Is there a thread specifically for sharing codes?

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I see that Dead State was released today. I haven't achieved zombie fatigue yet, but there's an awful lot of RPGs out or coming down the pipe, so I wonder how this one measures up to them. The description makes it seem closer to something like X-COM than a traditional RPG.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I just received my key as well.

The Galaxy Client isn't showing all of the games I purchased; only 27 out of 80. I haven't done much more besides that. It's not really clear to me how to tell the difference between installed games, games that require updates, or games I haven't downloaded yet.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
85% off on Jack Keane 2! :dance:

Also some other titles that aren't Jack Keane 2.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Max Wilco posted:

Same with Gothic 2; I've heard that it's the best in the series, but that they're sort of obtuse games, and I'm a little hesitant to give it a try.
The controls take a lot to get used to, particularly melee combat. But other than that, it's a very strong RPG with an emphasis on exploration, including plant gathering and animal hunting.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

BeanBandit posted:

loving hell, why can't things in X-Wing obey simple laws of motion? At least 90% of my deaths happen when I'm pursuing a ship, I fire the killing shot, and a chunk of the destroyed ship instantly loses all inertia and comes flying straight toward me.
Should have boosted that front shield. :smugdog:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Mortimer posted:

No but I have played rogue squadron.

Am I wrong in thinking this http://youtu.be/Dqd3XJakRaE?t=2m23s
is more fun than this? http://youtu.be/HZq9pQHAU_w?t=2m17s

I never cared for shooters on rail, and I really enjoyed TIE Fighter. Though I definitely appreciated TIE Fighter letting me know when it's time to give up a mission, as opposed to X-Wing where I would pointlessly fight a lost battle without realizing it.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Mortimer posted:

The first one isn't on rail, bud. Neither of them are.
Ah okay. I saw the X-Wing moving on a 2d plane and incorrectly assumed it was.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

augustus gluten posted:

I'm going to go ahead and guess that playing the Avernum remakes are better than playing the originals?
There are some things that I miss, such as having six characters in my party. But despite having played all the Exile games, I still played and enjoyed the Avernum remakes. I'm not so sure about these new ones because I haven't even finished Avadon 2 or the Geneforge series, but I'll probably end up playing them too.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I would say TIE Fighter. X-Wing Alliance is also worth getting, but it never felt as polished as TIE Fighter.

The first X-Wing game was joystick-flinging frustrating. This may be a good selling point for you.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Saoshyant posted:

Did you enjoy the Final Fantasy games on the Sony Playstation console system in the late 90's? This is the same but much better.

Really good characters, interesting battle system, but tons of text to get through.
Honestly I thought that last bit was less of a "but" and more of an "and." I even went out of my way to talk to everyone, then talked to them again after an event, as their text usually changed. It even helped me discover side quests I would have been unaware of otherwise. It must have been a hell of a job to translate though.

And now that I know the sequel will be on PC, I kind of wish I'd played it on the PC instead of a PSP. Particularly since it's only part of the story. Goddamned cliffhanger.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Some more codes. I don't actually have these games, but I'm pretty sure someone else will appreciate them much more.

SimCity 2000: YT4F72DA894515
STALKER: Clear Sky: HT4F72DA894515

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I'm just so glad the Gold Box games are out there where you can buy them legitimately. So many dodgy copies floating around out there.

Only just finished Curse of the Azure Bonds for the first time ever the other day. That last dungeon/area was a load of bullshit let me tell you.
Somehow I don't remember the last area very well. I thought it was the battle featuring Bits of Moander, but apparently not. I remember an optional area that led to an encounter featuring a ton of beholders. That, too, was bullshit. Both times I heavily abused the cloud spells.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Hollenhammer posted:

Also automatically patches games, like if you bought a telltale game and the next episode is released
That is my favorite feature. I never quite got comfortable with patches straight from the library, as I could never remember if I'd patched my game or not.

On the other hand, I don't want to find out how much time I spent on these games. :negative:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Justin_Brett posted:

Celestian Tales turned out not that great, didn't it?
It's the first of a 3-part series and it really shows. It ends on a massive cliffhanger, which was enough to color my entire experience. I'm honestly not sure if I want to complete a second playthrough (never mind for all characters) because I'm not convinced they are different enough to make it worthwhile. Also, "moral confrontations" were listed as a feature, but perhaps I'm just jaded because nothing really stood out to me in that respect. Things felt rather linear as well but I suppose that's just the nature of this sort of RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

ymgve posted:

DRKS-LGVF-7PP4-PVBP Divine Divinity

For some reason I did not have this. Thanks!