Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

The Skeep posted:

I feel like buying a shooter, Should I get Rise of the Triad or Duke Nukem? (allready have duke on 360 and N64)

I personally love RotT, but it's an acquired taste. You can't fail with Duke3D, but seeing as how you already have it buying it again would seem like a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I'm surprised that there isn't enough love in this thread for Shogo Mobile Armor Division. I used to have this game on disc back in the day but I have since misplaced it. It's nice to see it available again.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

FLX posted:

Not much of a surprise there, but I'm really curious about DN:MP.

It's okay for a casual platformer, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I finally caved in and bought Rise of the Triad. I'm happy to see that it's still as good as I remember it. Still, the game seems to be having a control problem that I can't wrap my mind around. Sometimes, while shooting or just moving around, the character will start gradually looking downwards towards the floor and I'll have to tap the "Look Up" key to get them to look straight. I don't know if this is some sort of response issue with the mouse, but it's pissing me off. If I could fix that all my issues with the game would be over.

On another note, I hope they offer Blood sometime in the near future. I loved that game.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I forgot how funny a game Rise of the Triad was. Shrooms, power-ups that turn you into a dog, all the silly bonuses (Republican Bonus, Democrat Bonus, Bonus Bonus, etc). Even the manual is loaded with gags (especially on the power-ups page). Also, for a fun Easter egg, set your screen size to the smallest possible settings. When playing, you get a message from the Apogee team.

Buy a 486. :]

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Syncope posted:

You're A key is probably double bound to Strafe Left and Free Look or whatever it's called. Remap the Free Look key, I had to do the same thing.

Heh, yes. That's exactly what the problem was. I figured it out right after I made that post. I was just too embarrassed to admit it. Rise of the Triad never says whether or not you've mapped keys to multiple functions so it's easy to make a mistake like that.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Bought MDK. It's just as fun as I remember it. Maybe more! Still, I'm having some vanishing textures issues. How did you all solve this issue because it's not going away.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Woo! Megarace! I used to have that game back in the old Win95 days. I may have to pick it up since I never got around to actually beating it.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Soooooooo...When are they getting Blood? :v:

Also, wow, I didn't know they had Shadow Warrior. I may have to pick that up in the future.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Charles Martel posted:

They...don't? :confused: It's still only on the 3D Realms online store for the time being. WITHOUT the drat CD Audio, I might add. Ugh!

It's not? Strange, I was on GOG the other day and I could have sworn I saw a page for it. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Woo! I just found out that Blood came out today! I've been waiting ages for this game to get a re-release! :dance: