Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Sporadic posted:

20% off

It seems you have to pay $20 to join that site. I'd rather spend that on GOG directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

BadAstronaut posted:

Is there any real difference between the GOG release of Fallout Tactics and the original version? Also, wasn't there a bonus mission disk as well - what's the deal with that and GOG? Thanks.

You can get the bonus mission on the GOG version, you just need to download the file with it. I don't think there's any real differences between to two, but I'm more than happy to be corrected.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
25% off Ghost Master and 25% off Painkiller until Monday. They're not bundled so you you can buy them separate. http://www.gog.com/en/page/ghosts_promo/

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
The Nations: Gold Edition is now on GOG for $5.99 and if you buy it with Alien Nations, you'll save 50% off Alien Nations' price so that's two games for $8.98.

Athletic Footjob fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 14, 2009

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Weekend promo: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon and Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six costs only $9.99 when bought together.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Lords of Magic: Special Edition is now on GOG for $5.99.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death has just been added and it's $5.99.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
GOG Twitter account confirms that Lords of the Realm is released tomorrow.

Edit: Also Lords of the Realm II.

Athletic Footjob fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 29, 2009

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

The Machine posted:

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

and that's a buy.

Here you go! http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/lords_of_the_realm_royal_edition/

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

royallthefourth posted:

Just got an email telling me that Toca 3 and Colin McRae 2005 will no longer be available to download at the end of August and October, respectively.

That also includes all of their additional content too, so you should download that while you're at it.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Well, I just emailed them about making Colin McRae Rally 2005 and TOCA Race Driver 3 compatible with Window 7's Games Explorer and they confirmed that they can't keep them and they won't update them. They're still trying to get Operation Flashpoint back to their catalogue.

It's a bit annoying that they're not going to fix them, they did say in a prior email that they'll get round to doing the rest of their games whenever Windows 7 is officially released.

Example of the problem:

Athletic Footjob fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 31, 2009

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Promo: buy all of Enlight's catalogue (Capitalism Plus, Capitalism 2, Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries, Seven Kingdoms 2: The Fryhtan Wars and Warlords Battlecry 3) at the same time for $25 (a saving of $12.95), or if you already have some of their games, you can get 30% discounts on the ones you don't have.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Flight simulator promo for this weekend. 30% off IL-2 Sturmovik™: 1946, F/A -18A Super Hornet, Enemy Engage: Apache vs. Havoc and Enemy Engage: Comanche vs. Hokum. They're not bundled so you can buy them separate and still get the discount.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Today they've added some more bonus content for some of the games that are already on their site. Evil Genius now has the World Domination Starter Kit, so you get a bonus henchman "Colonel Blackheart", the bonus item "Lay-Z Minion Recliner Chair", the bonus trap "the Nut Rupture Flashbang Launcher Palm Tree" and even more stuff. Jagged Alliance 2 now has a soundtrack and Disciples II has some wallpapers.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Heroes of Might and Magic II: Gold Edition and The Settlers II: Gold Edition have just been added for $10 each.

Edit: Also, Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete Edition and Might and Magic VI: Limited Edition are coming soon.

Athletic Footjob fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 20, 2009

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Overwined posted:

GoG is amassing a pretty decent collection here. They've got a little bit of everything and I like that. So far I've been extremely pleased with the service. The only problem I've ever had is getting Evil Genius to run in Vista. I got it to run flawlessly (no crashes!) on my old XP desktop. That thing sounds like a drat helicopter taking off when I turn it on, but EG is a great game and worth the tinnitus risk.

Have you contacted their support about that? They may be able to help you.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Dammit, the week after I buy Beyond Good and Evil, it appears in a bundle pack with Prince of Persia for $10. If you already own one of the games you can still receive 30% off the individual price, so I guess I'm only losing out on $2.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete Edition is out now.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Unreal week promo, get 15% off all of the Unreal games. The deal is not bundled.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Pretty cool:

GOG.com forums posted:

What is more beautiful than playing on-line deathmatch in Unreal Tournament 2004? Playing it with or against other GOG.com users or even GOG.com staff!

That's why we have set up two servers for Unreal Tournament 2004 multiplayer. One server is placed in the USA - name: UT2004 Server US sponsored by GOG.COM, IP: 68.232.163.189:7777, and the other one is in Europe - name: UT2004 Server EU sponsored by GOG.COM, IP: 95.211.15.232:7777. We'll be checking in from time to time, so don't be surprised if you get blasted by Firek or Paczyk ;). And we're also adding some cool new wallpapers for UT 2004 and UT GOTY, so if you were planning to change your desktop wallpaper here's your chance.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
The GOG anniversary promo has been announced! On Eurogamer?! Hmm. Anyway, it's a buy one Interplay title, get one free. It starts tomorrow and ends on the 7th.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
The GOG anniversary buy one get one free Interplay promo has been activated.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
GOG is working properly again now.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Psychorider posted:

It's likely also because Interplay was the first company to sign on with them in the beginning, and it mirrors the promotion they had at the start of the beta.

With the exception that it can be used more than once.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Sacrifice is meant to be good. I'm getting that and Giants: Citizen Kabuto tomorrow.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Jinnigan posted:

Sacrifice and Giants are both kind of similar in that they are goofy games that make a serious effort to bend their respective genres. Sacrifice is an RTS game that controls like an action RPG (You are a mage! who summons dudes and fights with them), while Giants is more of a classic story-based action game. Sorry, I remember enjoying Giants when I was young but I don't remember anything about it.

Question - has anyone gotten Sacrifice multiplayer to work? My friends and I are considering buying it but if we can't play Sacrifice together we'd rather get a different game.

From the look of the GOG forums, people have been able to play it online. You will need to request a key for it, though. http://www.gog.com/en/support/sacrifice/Multiplayer_key_request

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

ShadowHawk posted:

Can anybody who's purchased World of Xeen tell me if it includes the voice acting when you talk to people? It makes the game about 10 times better, however it was only on the original CD version in CD audio.

It does have it, it was confirmed by the GOG staff member Paczyk.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Blodskur posted:

It does have it, it was confirmed by the GOG staff member Paczyk.

Whoops, looks like Paczyk was wrong. They will try and get the CD audio if possible, though.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

xarph posted:

I'm confused for some reason. I checked two games, hit the green Download Now button, and it goes to my shelf with no option to actually buy the games I selected... :confused:

That's weird, I didn't have that happen when I bought some earlier, neither did I when I just tested it now. Try deleting your cache or using the site in a different browser.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

The only problem with that, is, mapping WASD to the analogue stick in a game like Beyond Good & Evil is pretty jerky, to say the least. The racing sections are downright horrible don't think I won a single one until I started using the keyboard. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, another Ubisoft game was released in the very same month, had joystick support off the bat and is so much nicer to play with my PlayStation 3 controller. Beyond Good and Evil deserved so much better.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Hootie Hoo posted:

I'm curious, what sort of uproar has this caused at NMA?

They can't choose which company to root for; they hate both of them so much.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Heritage of Kings: The Settlers has just been released for $9.99.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Overwined posted:

Hahah, this is probably old news, but behold!

The irony is that Planescape: Torment is #2 on the top 10 list

I agree; Planescape: Torment never did have enough t in it for me.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
The Strategy First promo has just started. If you buy all of their titles or complete their catalogue, you get 50% off. If you buy titles separate you get 20% off.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Commandos: Ammo Pack (includes Beyond The Call Of Duty expansion pack) has just been released for $5.99.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Patrician 1 and 2 released today for $5.99.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Divine Divinity is now in the store for $6 and Beyond Divinity is on the coming soon list at $10.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Bonus content today:

"Free stuff for games that are in the catalogue for some time now are always welcome, right? With this update of additional materials we have some nice bonus content for Heroes of Might and Magic series fans - the first installment receives an ingame soundtrack while HoMM 2 and HoMM 3 get creature tables. But that's not all! We've managed to get our hands on full Gothic 2 soundtrack, so we're updating our existing file with 6 new tracks! The additional materials are available, after you purchase the games, on the “My Account” page."

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

OptimusShr posted:

Majesco has joined GOG and Psychonauts and Advent Rising are now available for $9.99 and $5.99 respectively.

Psychonauts bought like a motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Weekend promo: 30% off the "Lord Of..." series.