Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy100
Oct 24, 2005

WIGWAMBAM!
Has anyone ever played Deus? (From the Robinsons Requiem pack) I'm tempted to give it a punt but I know just how tough and annoying RR is and I'm wondering if the sequel is worth it in any way. If not I quite fancy the look of Manhatten Project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy100
Oct 24, 2005

WIGWAMBAM!

quakster posted:

Manhattan Project is pretty drat good. Suprisingly so, even.

Yeah I remember playing the demo way back and thinking it was really good fun but not buying it due to it not being Duke Nukem Forever, I think alot of people probably did that too.

Gravy100
Oct 24, 2005

WIGWAMBAM!

capitalCORN posted:

I've just bought Duke3D and I've tried running it with eDuke. Everytime I try, the game crashes at the first splash screen. The only options I've found to manipulate are resolution and full screen, which I have in a myriad of combinations. My OS is Vista 64 with the latest Nvidia Forceware drivers. Please help!

Have you already emailed the GOG team? Apparently they're very good at getting back with personal responses, lots of people in the previous thread said they were really useful and quick in getting back to people. Also their forums are useful too I think.

Gravy100
Oct 24, 2005

WIGWAMBAM!

Hank Morgan posted:

A couple of tips for Underworld 1.

* Take note of any visions you receive. Especially ones from crystal balls. You'll know why when it happens.

These tips were great, thanks, just spent a few hours exploring the first level and a bit of the second - I'm truely sucked in, this is one of those 'immersive' games you always hear guys on here whining about when a new RPG based on an old franchise threatens to pop up.

Just one question about the crystal balls though, I've found one on level one but have no idea how to activate it to recieve a vision - any tips?

Gravy100
Oct 24, 2005

WIGWAMBAM!

The Kins posted:

never heard of this game before

Me neither, someone said on gog that it had something to do with the people behind Realms of the Haunting (looks like the same engine too?) and I love that game so...I dunno, this kind of unexpected stuff is why I love gog though, Deus Ex and Thief are all well and good but I knew they were good at the time so already have them.

Gravy100
Oct 24, 2005

WIGWAMBAM!
Gog just tweeted:

"We'll bet our boots you will absolutely love tomorrow's release!"

Sly Boots?

Gravy100
Oct 24, 2005

WIGWAMBAM!
Cool, todays release is Urban Chaos, I played it way way back in 1999 on the PS1 no less and really loved its pre-GTA 3 ways, I am slightly wary of picking it up now though as I'm not sure if its aged all that well, but at the time I remember it being so ambitious and loved it for that.

edit: poo poo I forgot the intro is badass as hell

Gravy100 fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Sep 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy100
Oct 24, 2005

WIGWAMBAM!

Myron posted:

Is Urban Chaos actually a freeroaming, sandbox game like gta or is everything split into levels? Can you freely drive around or is this more of a shooter with some vehicle sections?

It's split into levels as far as i can remember,with goals that had to be achieved and then you moved on, it wasn't much like GTA in that sandbox-y freeroam way aside from maybe an optional sidequest or two along the way. You can drive vehicles but the area is always quite small to move around in. The cool thing was that the levels had verticality and you were encouraged to climb onto rooftops to observe and then take down foes. Theres quite alot of hand to hand combat in the early game too, if I was to compare it to any current game I'd say imagine a really really really early Arkham City moreso than GTA.