Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Nice OP Charlie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Casao posted:

That was my point.
whut

you don't make sense

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

The Skeep posted:

I feel like buying a shooter, Should I get Rise of the Triad or Duke Nukem? (allready have duke on 360 and N64)
You should get Painkiller.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I've never hard the fallouts not work on modern systems. I didn't even know that people had so much trouble with them. They even worked on Vista without patching for me.
Well working is one thing, glitch free is another. I still get the rainbow graphics every once in a while no matter what OS I run them on.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Dominoes posted:

I never found a real fix for the rainbow graphics glitch, but a way to avoid it is restarting the game until it's gone if the bug is present in the menus. I had to lower my mouse refresh rate to the minimum to keep the mouse cursor from being jittery.
Restarting is the way I solve the problem too. I never found a proper fix.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

Can anyone running Windows 7 attest to Fallout 2 running properly? The version from the White Label Fallout Collection, with the latest Killap patch, has the rainbow colors bug and I can't get it to go away. I'd be willing to rebuy the game on GOG if I knew it would work properly.
I just kept restarting until it went away and it eventually did.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Velociraper posted:

Is there a way to make the guy in fallout run instead of walking everywhere
Hold Shift.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I'll buy it if it has the sensible soccer level. That was the best coverdisk demo ever.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

What's good about the Ubisoft thing is that with gog there aren't the loving ridiculous regional restrictions. You can't get Prince of Persia in Europe on Steam for example.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/good-old-games-interview

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

:raise: Why?
Part of the four game Ubisoft pack and when it was first released, methinks.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Jiriam posted:

ANy chance they'll have planetscape torment up in the future? It's the one game i've never got around to playing that I always wanted to
As far as I'm aware EA own the rights to all games that use the Infinity Engine so until gog get a deal with EA, not Planescape, Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale will be available.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Charles Martel posted:

Whoo hoo!
Stickers? Explain.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

So I finally figured out how to fix the drat rainbow effect on Fallout 1 & 2. To do it, I installed these two mods:

SFall and the High Resolution Patch 2.0a.

After installing these you simply set it to 16 bit in the options and/or Directx9 mode and the rainbow is gone and won't ever come back! Huzzah!

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Charles Martel posted:

Just wanted to say: If anyone is really aching for a cheap copy of Rainbow Six, I saw the Rainbow Six Gold Pack in my GoGamer newsletter today for only $4.90+shipping.
Stick that up on ddd.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

quakster posted:

They'll let you download it whenever you want but only if you bought it. I have no idea what kind of lisencing deal would require them to remove it, though.
Probably one that's expiring.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Got my stickers in the post today. I'd forgotten all about them but I'm glad GOG hadn't.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

BeanBandit posted:

If nothing else, it would be nice if people would only vote on games that are actually difficult to run on modern systems. Games like Planescape Torment and Baldur's Gate 2 can be bought off eBay for very little, and they run fine in Vista.

edit: Oh man, I would love to see a working version of Mech Warrior II running on Vista or even XP.
Hmm, I can't find Planescape Torment for anything less than €23 on ebay, and most are around 30-40. Where are you getting it for 'very little'?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Rabhadh posted:

Just voted for the entire Syndicate series.

Also, for anyone with a 360, I'm pretty sure Interstate '76 is available through the arcade.
Syndicate and Syndicate Wars in a double pack. I'd be all over that like flies on poo poo.

Hell, I'd pay 30 bucks easy for the entire Bullfrog back catalogue.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

GreenNight posted:

If there was, it'd be here:

http://www.letsplayarchive.com/

But I don't see it.
There's an LP for The Guild 2 here. It dies after two pages though.

Plavski fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 27, 2009

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Leovinus posted:

So, just to be absolutely clear, Beyond Good And Evil will work on 64-bit Vista? That sounds like one o' dem too-good-to-be-true things, it does.
Yes, just turn off Hardware Vertex rendering in the options and you're fine.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

thedaian posted:

That's really a problem with the game. There's a few tricks, though. Don't worry about your henchmen dying in the field. When you start getting loot, place it in areas like the control room where it'll improve the mood of the henchmen there (and generally make missions easier to deal with). Valets reduce heat, both on missions, and during general money gathering. Rotate who you steal money from. IE: America for a while, then Europe, then Russia, etc.

Evil Genius is kind of a disappointment, since they get so much right, but the gameplay is rather slow, and the limit on henchmen doesn't really help. It's still an enjoyable game, and using various torture devices is always fun.
Are there mods to fix those issues? I've held off on it because I'd heard it was kinda iffy like that. There was a cool LP of it a while ago but it got abandoned sadly.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Blodskur posted:

Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death has just been added and it's $5.99.
That's $6 you'll be saving this week.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

The Machine posted:

One time I added Resistance 2 to the wishlist just to be a dick.
Why is that being a dick?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

FS2 with a 360 pad is fine.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

I just did this. Freespace 1 & 2, Descent 1-3 + expansion. Hell yeah. :rock:
Just don't play Freespace 1 on its own, play the Freespace 2 mod of the first game instead.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

GoldenNugget posted:

I think you need the assets from FS1 to play in FSopen. If not, then I also just wasted a free game.
You don't need the original assets to play the port. Everything was remade and re-scripted in the Freespace 2 engine so the original stuff wasn't needed.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Charles Martel posted:

Oh, and Blizzard needs to put the first Diablo and the first two Warcrafts on their store. What's up with that?
It's highly likely those issues are related to Battle.net incompatibilities and lack of internal support for the multiplayer aspects.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Oh man, I just got such a sexy haul. For some reason the Witcher counted as -$5, something I didn't see advertised (though I probably just overlooked it). It timed out upon payment, but they were all there on my shelf when I checked.

Now, to finally replay XIII ($2.99!!!) after all these years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Rirse posted:

XIII was a lot of fun on the Gamecube. Plus it has Adam West as your commanding officer!
And you're david duchovny!

I'm playing it again now and I still love them throwing knives. Now all we need is NOLF2.