Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I've always wanted to take a class on beekeeping, but there's none in my area. Doesn't anyone in NJ love bees? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Eaglehound posted:

-- Lists eight separate branches - one of them has got to near you!

You'd think that, but the closest one near me hasn't updated their site in a month. Maybe I'll send a few emails around. I really want to try some hands-on stuff, which is why a class would be great. :sigh:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
This summer I tasted raw honey for the first time on vacation, and now I'm determined to find some local. Are there any websites I should check out? I live in middle Jersey.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Leperflesh posted:

Find your local farmer's market, there's often a local beekeeper selling local honey there. Alternatively, any of those hippy-dippy health food stores that sell organic everything and have dozens of bins of bulk grains and etc. will have a shelf full of raw honeys, often including something local.

Oh wait: do you mean, New Jersey, USA; or Jersey, United Kingdom? (The Original Jersey)

Sorry, I meant New Jersey USA. I think I might have found a local supply at the orchid near my house.

That raw honey is mine! :dance:

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I can find raw honey, I can find local honey, but I can't find local raw honey.

I just want yummy honey for my toast. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Leperflesh posted:

So I would just look for local honey, and maybe if you're super concerned, contact the provider and ask how they process it. As long as its unpasteurized, you're golden.

Thank you! I honestly had no idea what it was all about. I'm a bit clueless in the ways of honey.

I got some nice local honey at the county fair this weekend. My toast is going to be so awesome now :dance: