Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shykid10
May 4, 2009
Has anyone shot the Austin City Limits festival? Trying to get connected to shoot the event but I'm not having much luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shykid10
May 4, 2009

AtomicManiac posted:

Also, I installed Google Analytics one week ago today. Here's our first break down if you're curious:

Top Pages

1. The Red Shore @ Sokol Underground – SoundSurveillance - 70 Views
2. Superior @ Superior House – SoundSurveillance - 24 Views
3. The Word Alive – Deceiver – SoundSurveillance - 20 Views
4. The Depreciation Guild @ Nation of Shopkeepers – SoundSurveillance - 15 Views
5. The SS Crew. – SoundSurveillance - 14 Views

Top referrers:

1. google.com - 97 Visits
2. facebook.com - 70 Visits
3. google.ca - 10 Visits
4. images.google.com - 4 Visits
5. twitter.com - 4 Visits

Top Searches

1. soundsurveillance.com - 4 Visits
2. the depreciation guild - 1 Visits

I figure I'll post some stat updates monthly (Unless people prefer weekly). I also have someone working on a logo, and after that I'm gonna start pimping the site out.

That's some steady looking progress.

Looking good!

shykid10 fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 9, 2010

shykid10
May 4, 2009
Has anyone ever shot the band Atreyu? I'm going to be back east next week and Atreyu will be in town. I'd love to shot them but can't find any contact information about them. Their label is Hollywood Records but there is no email info on the label. Any help with finding a direction to move in would be awesome!

shykid10
May 4, 2009
Shot a show at a venue that took over an abandoned house. Fun evening all around.

Tyler Langham of Animal Eyes by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

Figley of Animal Eyes by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

Haven Multz Matthews and Tyler Langham of Animal Eyes by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

shykid10
May 4, 2009

MMD3 posted:

Been taking some photos the last couple of nights at Musicfest Northwest for Nike, My favorite band of the ones I shot (and coincidentally the best lighting) has been The Joy Formidable.

Hey! I've been shoot MFNW too! Did you catch any other shows besides the Nike ones at Wonder Ballroom?

Megan James of Purity Ring by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

William Kennedy of Reptar by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

Andrea Estella of Twin Sister by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

shykid10
May 4, 2009
From a few shows around Portland, OR.

Figley and Colin McArthur of Animal Eyes by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

Daniel Balk of The Postelles by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

Evan Hailstone of Fanno Creek by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

shykid10
May 4, 2009
Shot of few amazing Portland bands in a tiny horribly lit bar in Downtown Portland.

Elec Morin of Youth by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

Berg Radin of And And And by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

Sam Tenhoff of Animal Eyes by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

shykid10
May 4, 2009

MMD3 posted:

The Joy Formidable from Saturday night. highly recommend shooting if you get the chance, the lead singer, Ritzy has a crazy amount of energy.

Was this at Crystal Ballroom? Got to shoot Joy Formidable a few months ago at MFNW. Lots of fun to shoot.

shykid10
May 4, 2009

MMD3 posted:

Yeah, Crystal Ballroom. That's right, I remember seeing a few of your shots from MFNW but I don't know if you ever shared any of The Joy Formidable did you?

Just had a few that I processed. Ritzy was spazzy in such a wonderful way.

Ritzy Bryan of Joy Formidable by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

Ritzy Bryan of Joy Formidable by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

shykid10
May 4, 2009
Shot a NYE show at Mississippi Studios in Portland with Radiation City and Nurses.

Cameron Spies of Radiation City by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

Lizzy Ellison of Radiation City by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

Nurses @ Mississippi Studios by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

Aaron Chapman of Nurses by Rose City Live Photo, on Flickr

shykid10
May 4, 2009
Got to shoot Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zero last week in Minneapolis. Really impressed with their ability to interact with the crowd.

Alex Ebert of Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros by Stuart Wainstock Rose City Live, on Flickr

Stewart Cole of Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros by Stuart Wainstock Rose City Live, on Flickr

Nora Kirkpatrick of Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros by Stuart Wainstock Rose City Live, on Flickr

shykid10
May 4, 2009
Long story short. I lived in Portland, OR for a year and change. I started a website called Rose City Live that covered music and stuff in PDX. I took pictures while my brother wrote. We covered mostly local stuff, but covered touring acts too. One of the local alternative magazines out in Portland is called the Willamette Weekly. The music editor there is in a two piece band with a guy the works at CD Baby. So both work in the music world, as well as participate, band wise.

I shot a festival that included their band.

Ben Hubbird of The Morals by Stuart Wainstock Rose City Live, on Flickr

Today on Facebook I noticed they have started a local PDX label and are releasing an album on it.

Their album cover and back look like this:

As of today, I haven't been contacted by either of the guys. I know the internet is prime pickings for this kind of stuff, but it's bad form with both of these guys working in the music industry too.

Do I shoot the music editor an email with an invoice? I know they won't make tons of $$$ off the album, but photo rights are photo rights, and I'd like some $$$ for my work.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shykid10
May 4, 2009

MMD3 posted:

I'm sure Casey's not trying to rip you off, they're definitely not going to be making much money off the album if any, but still that doesn't make it cool to just lift someone's photo w/out asking for permission or crediting them.

I'd be happy to mention to him that he should probably get in touch with you if you'd like. I can do it very respectfully. He's a good dude and I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was just an oversight but who knows.

I figured as much. I think it was just the initial shock of "hey that's the picture I took"

I think later on Casey had mentioned not having rights to it.