Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Anyone else think the strong ziggy stardust rumors are a big red herring?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Elephunk posted:

I've got my fingers crossed for Yes - that would absolutely rock my world.

UberNoke
Jul 20, 2004

Are you injecting dope into your scrotum!? You can tell me! I’m hip!

Elephunk posted:

What rumors are there other than "this album epitomizes recent Phish history and would be perfect from a conceptual standpoint"? The rumors I've heard are more in favor of Chicago Transit Authority, Zeppelin 4 (now dead), Exile on Main Street (cover has been altered so I'm assuming will be dead) and Moving Pictures (also dead).

I'd be very happy with either Ziggy or Hot Rats, although most of the remaining albums are great.

Also, this ELP album was pointed out on PT the other day, which I thought was interesting, although probably just very coincidental.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pictures_at_an_Exhibition_(album)

UberNoke fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 20, 2009

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
It's anybody's guess what they're going to play. Hell, they were guessing at OKP that they were going to play Evil Empire. If that ain't the epitome of Internet speculation I don't know what is.

If there's anything we can count on it's that Phish isn't going to do what's expected.

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
I'll be the first to call it:

Thriller.

AbandonShip
Dec 25, 2007

I'm definitely calling Thriller as well. I'd be okay with that.

Came home from work to a $210 pending charge on my card. My first time getting anything from lottery.. I feel like it's christmas.

Minus the fact that I now am $210 poorer. It's worth it though.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

I got at least one show out of my requests for Portland and NYC. Not sure how many fall shows I can go to due to retail work and it being Thanksgiving weekend. I'd love to do Albany x2 or anything from Philly northward but I think I might just be doing Portland.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Still no E-Mails?

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

Nothing here yet. I called Discover yesterday to confirm the hold I was seeing on my card was actually Phish tickets. They said there was a pending charge for tickets at $120, meaning I only landed one night, but it's *still* not showing up on the website.

Re: the email - nothing yet. :( I guess they have until 11:59 tonight to get them out.

Crab Legs
Mar 22, 2005
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
I got the email. It says "we regret to inform you" and then other garbage.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Rejections always go out before receipts - we'll probably know what shows we got by 3PM if I have this routine down by now.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

Upper-bowl - middle of the arena - could be worse. :)

Congratulations! You have just purchased the following tickets:

-----------
Fri Nov 20 2009 07:30 PM Phish, US Bank Arena
Number of tickets: 2, RESERVED
Seat Locations: Section 231, Row P, Seats (13, 14)
Ticket Delivery: FedEx Expedited

Now I just have to try Ticketmaster on Saturday for the 11/21 date. If any of you land 11/21 and can't or don't want to go please PM me. I'm willing to take the tickets off your hands.

andyouandi
Sep 23, 2005
I think i got some pretty garbage seats for the Saturday Cinci show..

Sat Nov 21 2009 07:30 PM Phish, US Bank Arena
Number of tickets: 4, RESERVED
Seat Locations: Section 219, Row J, Seats (7, 8, 9, 10)
Ticket Delivery: FedEx Expedited

That is not exactly behind the stage but definitely I'll be looking at all the band member's backs. How could the acoustics possibly be good from that angle if the speakers are facing the majority of the arena?

I figured for a pre-sale lottery, these would be gen admission floor or at least in front of the stage?

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

Yeah, my tickets aren't exactly excellent either. I'll be trying for better ones on the general on-sale date and hoping for the best.

Edit - I'm seeing a lot of ticket lottery winners with not very good seats. I've only seen a few so far that made me think they got great seats. Otherwise, a lot of upper bowl and behind the stage stuff is being reported. Mine for 11/20 are slightly to the side of the stage, so if need be I'll keep 'em and they'll be fine.

GOOCHY fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 21, 2009

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I ended up with MSG Thursday, section 310 row J seat 11. It appears to be off to the left of the stage, three floors up. Not the best, but I'll take it.

I had three friends go in for me and they all whiffed :(

FatalTheGod
Oct 11, 2005
I got 3 tickets for MSG Thursday in 205. Definitely not bad seats, but I would have hoped for something better given it was a pre-sale "lottery".

Also, I hear it's going to be pretty tough getting tickets in the general sales. Any thoughts? And I'll throw it out there now: if anyone has tickets to the MSG Friday show that they don't want/can't use, I'll scoop them up! Me and my friends have atleast 8 people who all want to go to that Friday show...

Fluffhead
May 2, 2009

by angerbot
Any Philly/Baltimore/DC Goons want to trade 11/25 Philly for 11/24 ?

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

A bunch of the dates went on sale this morning. Anybody have any luck? Cincinnati doesn't go on sale until tomorrow so I'm still patiently waiting for my own hopeful moment in the sun.

FatalTheGod
Oct 11, 2005

GOOCHY posted:

A bunch of the dates went on sale this morning. Anybody have any luck? Cincinnati doesn't go on sale until tomorrow so I'm still patiently waiting for my own hopeful moment in the sun.

I was on the moment it started to get 6 tickets for MSG Friday...and what do you know, there's a 4 ticket maximum. So I was able to get us 4 tickets for 6 people and now we have no idea about how to divide them up :( If anyone has any extra tickets for MSG (we just need 2), I'd be willing to scoop them up!

Also, 5 minutes after tickets went onsale, there were already ones up on StubHub for sale...Good to see Ticketmaster getting the tickets to the fans :)

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

If anyone got an extra to Portland, I'd love it. I was able to get a lottery seat to Wednesday NYC (behind the stage, thanks Phish) and got a ticketmaster seat on the floor for Thursday, but really would love to be at the Portland show.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

GOOCHY posted:

I ended up having pretty good luck for both the Cincinnati dates this morning on Ticketmaster.

11/20 -

Seat location: section 140, row O, seats 1-2

11/21 -

Seat location: section 102, row M, seats 9-10

Not too shabby, I think.

I do have a couple extras for 11/20 if anybody needs tickets. I also have these listed on the Oh Kee Pa forums so it's possible these could be sold there as well. First come, first served. These tickets were purchased via the Phish ticket lottery and I don't think they're going to ship them until 11/4 or after. So if I do end up selling them here I'd ship them to the buyer as soon as I receive them via insured USPS envelope. I'm just looking to get out of them what I spent, which is $120.

Fri Nov 20 2009 07:30 PM Phish, US Bank Arena
Number of tickets: 2, RESERVED
Seat Locations: Section 231, Row P, Seats (13, 14)

Just PM me if you want to buy the tickets. I only accept Paypal.

AbandonShip
Dec 25, 2007

I've got first two nights of MSG and first night of Philly. My brother ended up scoring 90% of the shows, along with floor seats for second night of Philly, didn't know I needed one so he only got one..shucks.

Anyway, I have an extra first night MSG (which is also apparently Phish's 26th anniversary) if anyone has an extra 3rd night to trade let me know!

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
I've never been to a Phish show before and I got tickets to Festival 8. What should I expect to spend on food at the show?

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

threefive posted:

I've never been to a Phish show before and I got tickets to Festival 8. What should I expect to spend on food at the show?

Wow, are you in for an experience. First show at one of the Phish festivals? Prepare to have your mind loving blown.

Anyway, re: food - it's priced similarly to other carnie/festival type foods. If you're eating that way for each meal, I'd say budget about $10/meal - give or take - and you'll have plenty of cash leftover.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

AbandonShip posted:

I've got first two nights of MSG and first night of Philly. My brother ended up scoring 90% of the shows, along with floor seats for second night of Philly, didn't know I needed one so he only got one..shucks.

Anyway, I have an extra first night MSG (which is also apparently Phish's 26th anniversary) if anyone has an extra 3rd night to trade let me know!

Where is your seat for the first night located?

Fluffhead
May 2, 2009

by angerbot
To those who won't be able to make it to Festival 8, Sirius Radio is streaming all 8 sets live (they have free 7 day trials). http://www.jambase.com/Articles/20183/Phish-Festival-8-Broadcast-by-Sirius-Jam_ON

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

Let's get in the mood for Festival 8 and Fall Tour with "GameHoist" -

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3F6I8SN3

Sunday, 06/26/1994 Municipal Auditorium, Charleston, WV

Set 1: Kung, Llama, The Lizards, Tela, Wilson, AC/DC Bag, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, The Sloth, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, The Divided Sky[1]

Set 2: Julius, Down with Disease, If I Could, Axilla (Part II), Lifeboy, Sample in a Jar, Wolfman's Brother, Scent of a Mule, Dog Faced Boy, Demand -> Split Open and Melt Jam -> Yerushalayim Shel Zahav

Encore: The Old Home Place[2], Amazing Grace, Tube, Fire

[1] Wipe Out teases.
[2] Phish debut.

Notes: This show is commonly referred to as “GameHoist.” The first set was the Gamehendge saga, including narration between songs. The second set was the entire Hoist album, save Riker’s Mailbox. This show marked the Phish debut of The Old Home Place, the first complete Gamehendge since March 22, 1993 (106 shows), and the first Tube since April 12, 1993 (119 shows). Divided Sky included Wipe Out teases.

Please note that the files are labeled with the wrong date (6.6.94).

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I... I love you :glomp:

I was introduced to Phish via The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday.

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

GOOCHY posted:

Let's get in the mood for Festival 8 and Fall Tour with "GameHoist" -

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3F6I8SN3

Sunday, 06/26/1994 Municipal Auditorium, Charleston, WV

Set 1: Kung, Llama, The Lizards, Tela, Wilson, AC/DC Bag, Colonel Forbin's Ascent > Fly Famous Mockingbird, The Sloth, McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters, The Divided Sky[1]

Set 2: Julius, Down with Disease, If I Could, Axilla (Part II), Lifeboy, Sample in a Jar, Wolfman's Brother, Scent of a Mule, Dog Faced Boy, Demand -> Split Open and Melt Jam -> Yerushalayim Shel Zahav

Encore: The Old Home Place[2], Amazing Grace, Tube, Fire

[1] Wipe Out teases.
[2] Phish debut.

Notes: This show is commonly referred to as “GameHoist.” The first set was the Gamehendge saga, including narration between songs. The second set was the entire Hoist album, save Riker’s Mailbox. This show marked the Phish debut of The Old Home Place, the first complete Gamehendge since March 22, 1993 (106 shows), and the first Tube since April 12, 1993 (119 shows). Divided Sky included Wipe Out teases.

Please note that the files are labeled with the wrong date (6.6.94).
thanks man :)

Still waiting for the NYE show to be announced, is it still rumored in Miami?

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

I r Pat posted:

thanks man :)

Still waiting for the NYE show to be announced, is it still rumored in Miami?

Every rumor I've seen points to Miami.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

GOOCHY posted:

Let's get in the mood for Festival 8 and Fall Tour with "GameHoist"

Awesome. I haven't heard this in years, thanks!

GOOCHY posted:

Every rumor I've seen points to Miami.

There's a rumor floating around PT about Boston, but I think it's just people trolling.

Boy, just one more day until I leave for 8, I'm totally excited :) Anyone here sporting any costumes on Saturday? I still haven't quite figured out what I want to do in that regard.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I CANT FIGURE OUT MY COSTUME EITHER.

Maybe a dog faced boy? (laaame)

All the girls we're camping with including my girlfriend are being different 'birds' of a feather

=[

AIRPORT TOMORROW!!

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

Why not dress up as the AC/DC Bag? May not be the easiest costume to put together on short notice and transport. :)

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

For those of you who missed it, Sirius/XM has been doing the Phish - Festivalography documentary series over the past week. They're interviewing the members of Phish about past festivals, playing some select jams from each of the festivals over the years, and finally talking about Festival 8 and the reunion.

It's been a really cool series so I thought I'd link it here for others to enjoy.

Phish - Festivalography - Part I
Phish - Festivalography - Part II
Phish - Festivalography - Part III
Phish - Festivalography - Part IV

Please don't link these outside of SA so my web hosting doesn't get completely hammered.

GOOCHY fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 28, 2009

MonkeyBrains
Aug 28, 2006

Damn... Nobody left to kill me.
So I lucked out and got a free ticket to go to Fest8. I booked my flight to LA yesterday. This will be my 3rd Phish Fest (Lemonwheel and Big Cypress were my other two). This all came about in like 5 hours on Monday and I don't think it has really hit me yet that I am actually going. I live in Nebraska, have a wife and kid, so I basically wrote off being able to see them this fall/winter. Then out of the blue an old friend of mine that lives in LA sends me a chat saying she has a free ticket for me if I can make it out. Her friend bailed and I was the one that got her into phish 12 years ago so I was her first choice. Took a little begging to get my wife to OK it since I will be missing Halloween with the fam (it is our favorite holiday so we always make a big deal about it), but she knows how much this band means to me so she gave me the sign off after a little butt kissing.

HOLY gently caress I am actually going!!!

I work in a pharmaceutical research and development company so I am going to grab a lab coat and some safety goggles and go as Albert Hoffman. Wonder if I will get any free doses out of it?

I leave late tomorrow night. If anyone else that is going out wants to meet up or anything shoot me a PM or email aurtach at gmail.com and send me your phone #. I'll try to text ya during the weekend so we can all rage together!

snail goat
Dec 12, 2006

you shouldnt doubt yourself
you know more about goats than you give yourself credit for
Soooo... I'm going to F8! This is my first Phish (show) festival, and I'm stoked. My boyfriend has been to something like 15 shows and we'll be meeting a couple friends and blah blah blah. ANYWAY! I'm about a hundred different kinds of excited. I'll send a picture from the Ferris wheel ;)

MonkeyBrains posted:

I leave late tomorrow night. If anyone else that is going out wants to meet up or anything shoot me a PM or email aurtach at gmail.com and send me your phone #. I'll try to text ya during the weekend so we can all rage together!
Emailing you now!
If anyone else is going to be there and wants to cruise, send me a pm and we can hang out (stupid blackberry means I'll be checking everything from email to forums throughout the show. Cause I'm an addict.) Or email m.clark42 at gmail.com. Party time! :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Emails sent.

I can't believe I agreed to work a half-day today :( Oh well! I fly into Long Beach tonight and then will be hoofing it down tomorrow morning - hope everyone has a great time!

Fluffhead
May 2, 2009

by angerbot
Let Festival 8 Commence! no more thriller, no more ziggy, as much as I would love to hear Phish cover King Crimson, I'm callin Rolling Stones.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

It'll be Exile on Mainstreet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SenorBoothead
Mar 20, 2007
Soundcheck from yesterday:

Thursday, 10/29/2009 Empire Polo Club, Indio, CA

Set 1: Jam, Undermind -> Devil With a Blue Dress On Jam, Starship Trooper Jam, Gone, Liquid Time

Notes: This was the (electric) soundcheck for Festival 8. Devil With a Blue Dress On with brief Good Golly Miss Molly quote. gently caress Your Face quote and Brief Kids (MGMT) tease before Liquid Time; jam out of Liquid Time featured Lengthwise quote. There was also an earlier acoustic soundcheck, but only the electric portion was broadcast on The Bunny (Phish's on-site festival radio, this year also broadcast via Sirus/XM Radio and on the hijacked "Jack FM" radio station, 95.9 in Palm Springs, and via that radio station's website).

via phish.net

• Locked thread