Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kringlebert
Apr 26, 2008

Got that big stick
Show just ended a minute ago. loving incredible.

Set One

* AC/DC Bag
* 46 Days
* Water In The Sky
* Bathtub Gin
* Punch You in the Eye
* The Moma Dance
* Guyute
* Swept Away
* Demand
* Seven Below
* Lawn Boy
* Julius

Set Two

* Rock & Roll >
* Piper
* Simple >
* Theme From The Bottom
* Shine A Light
* Ghost >
* NO2
* Suzy Greenberg

Set Three

* Party Time >
* Auld Lang Syne >
* Down With Disease
* Fluffhead
* Joy
* The Squirming Coil
* You Enjoy Myself

Encore

* Blue Moon
* Loving Cup

The first set was one of the best I've ever heard. PYitE > Moma SMOKED, as did the short but electric 46 Days. The stream crapped out for much of the second set, but we did hear a great Mike-heavy Ghost. For the third set, Fishman crawled into a giant mirror ball which was fired out of a cannon, and an audience member named Sarah played drums during Fluffhead. YEM was particularly tight, and Loving Cup closed out the tour in style. Definitely one of the band's best NYE shows, all in all.

Happy 2010, everybody! See you in Summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kringlebert posted:

Show just ended a minute ago. loving incredible.

Set One

* AC/DC Bag
* 46 Days
* Water In The Sky
* Bathtub Gin
* Punch You in the Eye
* The Moma Dance
* Guyute
* Swept Away
* Demand
* Seven Below
* Lawn Boy
* Julius

Set Two

* Rock & Roll >
* Piper
* Simple >
* Theme From The Bottom
* Shine A Light
* Ghost >
* NO2
* Suzy Greenberg

Set Three

* Party Time >
* Auld Lang Syne >
* Down With Disease
* Fluffhead
* Joy
* The Squirming Coil
* You Enjoy Myself

Encore

* Blue Moon
* Loving Cup

The first set was one of the best I've ever heard. PYitE > Moma SMOKED, as did the short but electric 46 Days. The stream crapped out for much of the second set, but we did hear a great Mike-heavy Ghost. For the third set, Fishman crawled into a giant mirror ball which was fired out of a cannon, and an audience member named Sarah played drums during Fluffhead. YEM was particularly tight, and Loving Cup closed out the tour in style. Definitely one of the band's best NYE shows, all in all.

Happy 2010, everybody! See you in Summer.

Just got back from the show and I just have to say I had a blast. That Sarah lady didn't play half bad actually.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
Fishman being fired out of a cannon and Sara pulled from the crowd to drum for Fluffhead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vouxMkNHT5E

Unreal. I love this band.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

HKR posted:

All of it is up at https://www.livephish.com . My wallet as weeped this tour.

You realize you can get high quality flac's via bit torrent, totally legit, right?

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
What an amazing two nights!!

Night 3 was nice.. they played a few songs I've never heard, and some that were very surprising. The Curtain With had a nice long jam to it.. They did Lifeboy > Back on the train (17 minutes of pure awesomeness) > Wading in the velvet sea which was quite emotional.. Then Trey got on the drums while Fishman sang "Love You". He brought out the vacuum sometime around here and picked a guy out of the crowd named Rich to play it.. then he gave him the vacuum after his performance.

After that little combo they got into some heaviness with Free > Boogie On Reggae Woman > Antelope.. AMAZING. Boogie had the whole place goin nuts then they busted out with antelope, which blew my mind. have any electrolights man? Frankenstein for the encore = win.

another song worth mentioning was "whats the use" , dedicated to the guy who kept yelling at them from behind the stage to play it. It was spaceyyy, trippy, and everything inbetween.

NYE night was :holy:
From the first set the bathtub > PYITE > moma dance was nice

The highlight for me was Piper > Simple > Theme from the bottom > shine a light > Ghost/N2o.. then Suzy Greenberg. The ghost was incredibly funky, then going right into n2o was sweet.

The new years gag was good, I actually thought for a second they pulled some random chick to play drums.. Fish actually made it look like he had no idea what he was doing.. Fluffhead turned out to be one of the best I've heard. Also, the YEM vocal jam put me in a trance.

Here's a few good pics I took..

12/30

12/31

Sara!

edit- nvm.. found em

I r Pat fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 2, 2010

Kringlebert
Apr 26, 2008

Got that big stick

Fluffhead posted:

Does anyone know of a good quality recording of Big Cypress 12/31/99-1/01/00 ?

Someone from the PT community did an improved mix of 12/31/99 (night 2), available in FLAC and AAC here. I haven't heard it yet, but it's been getting good reviews on PT.

Haize
Jun 13, 2008

Great pics Pat. Did anyone else see the smashed up Dodge Neon out front of the arena after the show? A big disco ball was smushed into the roof with huge jugs of Vermont Syrup sticking out of the sides. Will post a pic when my buddy uploads/

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

Nice pictures, Pat. If you wouldn't mind I'd like a full sized picture of that balloon drop. That'd make for a great desktop.

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Thanks guys :)

I have the high resolution but they are on a different computer, so I'll post em later today for ya.

These two are also pretty cool.

Hello there Trey and Page

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

I r Pat posted:

Thanks guys :)

I have the high resolution but they are on a different computer, so I'll post em later today for ya.

These two are also pretty cool.

Hello there Trey and Page

Awesome pictures. Really wish I could've been there.

I saw this (very) short documentary about the lot in Indio. It's pretty entertaining and has some funny moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbw7ndkJPKs

TheJuggernaut
Jan 17, 2010
I saw phish live for the first time in JPJ stadium at UVA and I felt as if I had been united my long lost soul. The music was amazing, the lights absolutely captivating and the people there were the best. I'd been to a bunch of great shows before of bands that carry a similar sound - perpetual groove, widespread, etc - but going to this concert was like returning to the mecca. And when they played run like an antelope I thought that I was going to lose it.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

http://www.spinner.com/2010/01/21/wrigley-field-paul-mccartney-dmb-phish/

So, uh, Phish at Wrigley? :) Phish-head goonmeet? :)

Fluffhead
May 2, 2009

by angerbot
Just wanted to remind you guys, Mike and Trey are playing a few shows soon!

Mike Gordon -
03/05/10 Revolution Hall Troy, NY
03/06/10 Toad's Place New Haven, CT
03/07/10 Sherman Theatre Stroudsburg, PA
03/09/10 Rams Head Live! Baltimore, MD
03/11/10 Jefferson Theatre Charlottesville, VA
03/12/10 Theatre of the Living Arts Philadelphia, PA
03/13/10 Pearl Street Northampton, MA
03/14/10 Lebanon Opera House Lebanon, NH

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/21314/Mike-Gordon-March-Tour

Trey and Classic TAB-
02/08/10 Mon Jefferson Theater Charlottesville, VA
02/09/10 Tue 9:30 Club Washington, DC
02/11/10 Thu Electric Factory Philadelphia, PA
02/12/10 Fri House of Blues Boston, MA
02/13/10 Sat Oakdale Theatre (Formerly Chevrolet Theatre) Wallingford, CT
02/14/10 Sun Count Basie Theatre Red Bank, NJ
02/16/10 Tue Terminal 5 New York, NY
02/18/10 Thu Pabst Theater Milwaukee, WI
02/19/10 Fri The Riviera Theatre Chicago, IL
02/20/10 Sat State Theatre Minneapolis, MN
02/21/10 Sun Uptown Theater Kansas City, MO
02/23/10 Tue The Pageant St. Louis, MO
02/25/10 Thu Ryman Auditorium Nashville, TN
02/26/10 Fri The Fillmore Charlotte, NC
02/27/10 Sat The Tabernacle Atlanta, GA
02/28/10 Sun Tennessee Theatre Knoxville, TN

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/21027/Anastasio-and-Classic-TAB-Tour

:banjo:

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

I would hit the TAB show at The Riv in Chicago but I'm going to Maui that week. :( That's OK though, I think I've pretty much prepared my wife for the fact that I want to do the Wrigley, Deer Creek, and Alpine run to start the summer. :)

llibja
Sep 13, 2007

I've got my ticket for 02/18 in Milwaukee. I can't wait. I caught Phish at Alpine 6/20 and 6/21, and saw Trey when he was doing the 70 Volt Parade thing back in 2005. It's been awhile since he's played Milwaukee!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

This is going to be so much better than 70vp.

Reminiscent of the 2001 tour, I'm hoping :) :) :)

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

11.19.92 was released on Livephish.com today for the benefit of the Red Cross in Haiti. Check this show out, it's nasty. They're on their home turf in '92 and you can hear that they're comfortable and absolutely shredding. Maze, Fee, Foam to start the first set? Yep. Rager.

EDIT -

Tweez > BBFCFM (w/ Johnny Cash "Ring of Fire" lyrics) > Tweez

yes!

GOOCHY fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jan 29, 2010

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

GOOCHY posted:

11.19.92 was released on Livephish.com today for the benefit of the Red Cross in Haiti. Check this show out, it's nasty. They're on their home turf in '92 and you can hear that they're comfortable and absolutely shredding. Maze, Fee, Foam to start the first set? Yep. Rager.

EDIT -

yes!

When I get home from work, what do I do? I try to kill you! And why would I try to kill you? Because you're a big black furry creature from Mars!

Fluffhead
May 2, 2009

by angerbot

GOOCHY posted:

EDIT -

yes!

Is that the St. Mikes show? If so I do remember it having a KILLER Llama..

UberNoke
Jul 20, 2004

Are you injecting dope into your scrotum!? You can tell me! I’m hip!

Fluffhead posted:

Is that the St. Mikes show? If so I do remember it having a KILLER Llama..

It is indeed. The remastered SBD is definitely a big enough improvement over the circulating one to warrant the "purchase" (everyone should get it anyway seeing as it's a donation but I understand some people are broke). Also, the Divided Sky and Run Like an Antelope with the All in the Family theme teases are great, as is the Mike's Groove.

Really the whole show smokes. Go get it already, people!

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

That 92' show is really good.. LOL @ the Tweezer > Creature from Mars ring of fire > Tweezer.. unexpected.

I wish TAB would come south a bit, like maybe hit up Florida once.. then I would be able to catch one of their shows.

I r Pat fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 1, 2010

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

I know most of you guys probably know about this, but just in case some don't - check out the Phish Google spreadsheet if you're looking for a particular show to download. There are some SBDs sprinkled in there too.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p8WKkpP-TKpO1VnQgcff6EQ&gid=7

I'm using it to go back and revisit some of the early-mid 90's stuff.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

GOOCHY posted:

I know most of you guys probably know about this, but just in case some don't - check out the Phish Google spreadsheet if you're looking for a particular show to download. There are some SBDs sprinkled in there too.

:aaaaa: Holy poo poo, thank you for this!

e: They have my first show. :3:

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

stubblyhead posted:

:aaaaa: Holy poo poo, thank you for this!

e: They have my first show. :3:

No problem. :)

Also, :aaaaa:1994 rules :aaaaa:

Kringlebert
Apr 26, 2008

Got that big stick

GOOCHY posted:

There's also Phishows and Phish Thoughts. Phish AUDs has a few shows, such as Big Cypress, in FLAC format. Nugs has a few free ones as well, though in lower quality than you'd find elsewhere.

I'm currently playing 8/6/93 and 2/16/97, both excellent shows.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Just posted that googledocs link on my facebook, and a tour buddy of mine sent me the link to another spreadsheet with a bunch more material!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=t5PdgFXuOBmbd7q2R7oG9vg&gid=8

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

GOOCHY posted:

Great link!

This is sort of the same thing. I'm sure a lot of people here read Phish Thoughts (or at least go there for the music that he posts), but there's also a pretty extensive audio archive of quality recorders all organized by date - some SBDs here as well. Check it out.

http://phishthoughts.com/audio-archive

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

It's looking like the Wrigley Field rumor may not pan out. No mention of Phish at all.

www.suntimes.com posted:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhall/2 ... eb.article

Three nighttime concerts at Wrigley Field apparently aren't too much for the congested Lake View neighborhood to handle, according to the alderman whose ward includes the ballpark.

Elton John and Billy Joel and the Dave Matthews Band will headline three more concerts this summer at Wrigley, thanks to an "exception" to the night-game ordinance that Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) plans to introduce at Wednesday's City Council meeting.

Elton John and Billy Joel will reprise last year's wildly popular concerts on July 7 -- a Wednesday night.

The Dave Matthews Band -- whose bus driver notoriously unloaded 800 pounds of human waste on a tour boat passing under the Kinzie Street bridge in 2004 -- is expected to headline Friday and Saturday night concerts in September. The dates haven't been finalized. Matthews played Wrigley in 2007.

Last summer, the Cubs held an unprecedented three Wrigley concerts in one summer week -- two by Elton John and Billy Joel, one by Rascal Flatts.

When the Southport Neighbors Association argued that it was too big a burden, in part because of a conflict with the group's neighborhood festival, Tunney called it a one-year experiment. He promised that, if things didn't go well, "There'll be no more concerts."

On Tuesday, Tunney said the three-concert experiment was so successful that it's worth repeating.

He also said he hasn't decided yet whether to demand that the Cubs forfeit one of their 30 night games in return.

"There are certainly naysayers," Tunney said. "There have been naysayers about doing any concerts. But the majority of the community thinks the concerts, so long as they're regulated and few and far between, provide benefits to the community.

"It's great for business in the neighborhood. It also provides real, first-rate entertainment at the park."

Jill Peters, president of the Southport Neighbors Association, appears to be softening her opposition to the three Wrigley concerts after developing a "good working relationship" with the Ricketts family, the Cubs' new owners.

"We've been having lots of conversations back and forth," Peters said. " I'm trying to address some of the concerns neighbors have raised, and I'm hopeful the Cubs will resolve most, if not all, of these concerns."

She wouldn't say what those concerns are.

The motivation for the concert series for the Cubs is the chance to bring in money that wouldn't fall under Major League Baseball's revenue-sharing umbrella. For every dollar the Cubs make on game days, 34 cents must be shared with other teams. For every dollar from a concert, the Cubs get to keep 100 percent.

The concert precedent began in 2005 with a pair of Labor Day concerts by Jimmy Buffett. In exchange, the Cubs agreed to donate $150,000 to neighborhood schools, take a one-year break from concerts and forfeit one of their 30 night games the following season. The Buffett concerts ended at 10:30 p.m., and seating was capped at the baseball limit of 41,000.

In 2007, the Cubs were hoping to avoid the night-game penalty -- until Tunney put up a fuss. The alderman demanded -- and the Cubs agreed -- to play only 29 night games that year. The team also agreed to cut off stadium sales of beer and alcohol at 9:30 p.m., provide security in and around Wrigley until 2 a.m. and monitor sound levels during and after the concert.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

GOOCHY posted:

It's looking like the Wrigley Field rumor may not pan out. No mention of Phish at all.

Or maybe it will!

http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-wrigley-host-3-summer-concerts-feb10,0,7251900.story

llibja
Sep 13, 2007

Anyone here have a chance to attend a TAB show yet? I'm grabbing the 2/9 show in DC from etree. Haven't heard any of it myself yet but comments I've heard are all very positive.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

llibja posted:

Anyone here have a chance to attend a TAB show yet? I'm grabbing the 2/9 show in DC from etree. Haven't heard any of it myself yet but comments I've heard are all very positive.

I won't be able to attend any of the TAB shows, but I have downloaded all of them so far. They're sounding real good, for sure.

AbandonShip
Dec 25, 2007

llibja posted:

I'll be heading to the one in Redbank tomorrow. Never seen him perform solo before so i'm excited. I've heard good things as well.

AbandonShip
Dec 25, 2007

So I went to the TAB show in Redbank, and it was basically much more than I ever expected. During the second set, and a really sick Sand, a kid who was getting thrown out pulled the fire alarm, stopping the show and the music. Where most bands would usually go sit in the back for ~30 minutes and wait it out, Trey grabbed a shaker and him and his band proceeded to parade around Count Basie theater continuing Sand acoustically. It was pretty amazing, after that they jammed out something serious and got real funky. Loved every second of it.

Definitely fills the gap between fall tour and next tour. Hope they announce something soon.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

AbandonShip posted:

So I went to the TAB show in Redbank, and it was basically much more than I ever expected. During the second set, and a really sick Sand, a kid who was getting thrown out pulled the fire alarm, stopping the show and the music. Where most bands would usually go sit in the back for ~30 minutes and wait it out, Trey grabbed a shaker and him and his band proceeded to parade around Count Basie theater continuing Sand acoustically. It was pretty amazing, after that they jammed out something serious and got real funky. Loved every second of it.

Definitely fills the gap between fall tour and next tour. Hope they announce something soon.

I gotta hear the AUD of that one.

E: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WBGVWSAT

GOOCHY fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Feb 18, 2010

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
New TAB date announced yesterday, 14-May in Gulf Shores, AL. They're headlining a new music festival there called The Hangout, which looks to have a pretty good lineup. I used to live very close to there, but am clear across the country now. But unless he does just this show with TAB, it looks like we may have to wait until late May for more Phish dates.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

There'll be an announcement before May, probably sometime in March if the past is any indication.

In other news, the Island Tour "Stash" is very, very nice. It has been an Island Tour Friday in celebration of my approaching trip to Maui. ;)

Oh, also it sounds like Telluride is a done deal, from those in the know. August 9th and 10th.

E: N/M - they're working on Telluride, it might happen.

http://www.denverpost.com/entertainment/ci_14431595

GOOCHY fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 19, 2010

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

GOOCHY posted:

There'll be an announcement before May, probably sometime in March if the past is any indication.

Yeah, I meant May before the shows themselves would happen. I'm sure there'll be an announcement well in advance. I do hope they'll return to the NW.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

AbandonShip posted:

That's pretty awesome. TAB is fantastic.

Fluffhead
May 2, 2009

by angerbot
I hope you NYC goons got a chance to see TAB at Terminal 5. Looked like a darn nasty show! 2 hour first set + a 70 minute second set.

Set 1:Shine, Cayman Review, Push On 'Til the Day, Alaska, Mozambique, Gotta Jibboo, All That Almost Was, Drifting, Liquid Time, The Birdwatcher, Night Speaks to a Woman, Tuesday, Brian and Robert*, Strange Design*, Sample in a Jar*, Chalkdust Torture*, Wilson*

*Trey solo on acoustic guitar

Set 2: Sand, Alive Again, Last Tube > Show of Life, Sultans of Swing, Ether Sunday, Black Dog

Encore: Magilla, First Tube

gently caress yeah, Trey. http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=532754

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Possible Telluride show(s)?

http://www.telluridenews.com/articles/2010/02/20/news/doc4b8096ae178d3445744763.txt

• Locked thread