Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

Wanted to check in and say Phish are an obsession of mine. Wasn't able to catch them on the current tour, but saw them over the summer 6 times and an amazing time. Fluffhead in Indy during the thunderstorm was quite the experience.

GOOCHY posted:

Looks like they busted out Glide, Dinner and a Movie, and Scents and Subtle Sounds last night. Livephish.com isn't commenting on it, but that's the first Glide since Coventry - where they mangled it beyond belief.

Conventry Glide was an absolute disaster. The look Mike gave Trey during it was priceless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

I r Pat posted:

Thanks guys :)

I have the high resolution but they are on a different computer, so I'll post em later today for ya.

These two are also pretty cool.

Hello there Trey and Page

Awesome pictures. Really wish I could've been there.

I saw this (very) short documentary about the lot in Indio. It's pretty entertaining and has some funny moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbw7ndkJPKs

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

GOOCHY posted:

11.19.92 was released on Livephish.com today for the benefit of the Red Cross in Haiti. Check this show out, it's nasty. They're on their home turf in '92 and you can hear that they're comfortable and absolutely shredding. Maze, Fee, Foam to start the first set? Yep. Rager.

EDIT -

Tweez > BBFCFM (w/ Johnny Cash "Ring of Fire" lyrics) > Tweez

yes!

When I get home from work, what do I do? I try to kill you! And why would I try to kill you? Because you're a big black furry creature from Mars!

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

GOOCHY posted:

I know most of you guys probably know about this, but just in case some don't - check out the Phish Google spreadsheet if you're looking for a particular show to download. There are some SBDs sprinkled in there too.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p8WKkpP-TKpO1VnQgcff6EQ&gid=7

I'm using it to go back and revisit some of the early-mid 90's stuff.

Great link!

This is sort of the same thing. I'm sure a lot of people here read Phish Thoughts (or at least go there for the music that he posts), but there's also a pretty extensive audio archive of quality recorders all organized by date - some SBDs here as well. Check it out.

http://phishthoughts.com/audio-archive

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

AbandonShip posted:

So I went to the TAB show in Redbank, and it was basically much more than I ever expected. During the second set, and a really sick Sand, a kid who was getting thrown out pulled the fire alarm, stopping the show and the music. Where most bands would usually go sit in the back for ~30 minutes and wait it out, Trey grabbed a shaker and him and his band proceeded to parade around Count Basie theater continuing Sand acoustically. It was pretty amazing, after that they jammed out something serious and got real funky. Loved every second of it.

Definitely fills the gap between fall tour and next tour. Hope they announce something soon.

That's pretty awesome. TAB is fantastic.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

GOOCHY posted:

Should be just a couple more days and we have a tour announcement, kids. Mike's last show of his solo tour is tonight.

Can't wait. I really hope the tour starts in early July as that's the only chance I'll have of seeing them. Not looking very likely since it seems like they'll be playing in Telluride in August.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

Elephunk posted:

The obvious Loving Cup / Shine a Light?

Will Sharon Jones show up since she lives in Brooklyn?

My vote's for Torn and Frayed. I'm gonna chase that tune down.

Decent performance, but the hippie-bros dancing in the background really killed it for me. That dude in the Mets shirt? C'mon...

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

I r Pat posted:

Haha, so awesome.. w/ harpua intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ItwERSVTSM

That was incredible. I love Phish.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

Bummed there aren't any Midwest dates. Hopefully they announce some more.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

GOOCHY posted:

NYE is totally out of the question for this phan. Boo on no Midwestern dates. :(

Right there with you. I was really hoping for another Noblesville date or two. They're always good fun.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

I lucked into some Jan 1st tickets at MSG. I ran into my brother's ex-gf who's also a huge Phish fan and she told me she had two extra tickets. They're supposedly top balcony, one of the last rows, but I'm cool with it. Face price and haven't seen them since they played in Indy well over a year ago. Also taking my girlfriend to her first show. She barely knows any of their songs but I'm hoping this will convert her. Can't wait!

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

Looking forward to seeing them in Cincinnati. Although I'm bummed they're not heading to Indy. I love seeing shows there.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

stubblyhead posted:

Halloween and NYE could be done as limited engagements, say a few nights each in whatever city. I wouldn't really call that a tour exactly.

That's what I figure. I wouldn't rule Halloween or NYE out.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

Doing both Noblesville, possibly Cinci and going to try to schedule a trip to see my parents/family around the AC dates and see a show or two with my sister. Should be a good time.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

synftw posted:

Sometimes the crowd disappoints me, but never the band.

This is true for me too. When they played TTE at Toyota Park in summer 2009 right before set break and at least half the crowd walked out to get beverages, food, or to protest or whatever, I was pretty disappointed. Yeah, they played it a lot that tour. Yeah, it was a long song. And, yeah, it wasn't always the greatest. But I still enjoyed it even though I heard it at most of the shows I went to that summer. It's just silly how self-righteous Phish fans can get sometimes about certain songs and eras. I'm just happy they're around.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

I excitedly called my girlfriend to tell her that I got us two tickets for Friday in Indy. She then got quiet and said, "We're moving to Cincinnati that day, you idiot."

I'm still going. gently caress moving.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

I really hope Fish is actually that ripped.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

I'm really hoping for a Harpua at 6/29, but my Phish going partner was reluctant to go in the first place and I'm worried that a long, weird narration by Trey (and then a short input by Mike and Page) about a dog and a cat, named Poster Nutbag, might send them over the edge to never going again and that would be sad.

NYE at MSG a couple years ago was bad enough for her because it was near impossible to breathe and we ended up leaving towards the end of the second set. The promise of an amphitheater, lawn seats and unlimited beer (in the lot) was enough to convince her to go again.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

Is anyone interested in trading Indy 6/29 (Friday) tickets for Cincy tickets? I ask because it turns out I'll be moving to the 'Nati then. Face price for face price.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

Riosan posted:

Live Bait Volume 7 came out yesterday for free! Go pick it up.

1. Wilson > Buried Alive > Tweezer (12/28/95 Worcester Centrum Centre - Worcester, MA)
2. Stash (10/31/10 Boardwalk Hall – Atlantic City, NJ)
3. Split Open And Melt (12/4/99 Firstar Center – Cincinnati, OH)
4. You Enjoy Myself (7/31/92 Blossom Music Center – Cuyahoga Falls, OH)
5. Runaway Jim (8/11/98 Star Lake Amphitheatre – Burgettstown, PA)
6. Reba (8/10/96 Alpine Valley Music Theatre – East Troy, WI)
7. Gumbo (8/3/98 Deer Creek Music Center – Noblesville, IN)
8. All Things Reconsidered, David Bowie (7/27/92 Saratoga Performing Arts Center – Saratoga Springs, NY)

Page is fantastic during Buried Alive, and the Stash is super happy. That Melt is incredible, coming from someone who really doesn't care for Melt.

Thanks for posting this. Haven't listened to this yet, but the track listing and the mention of Page being fantastic, which, honestly, he always is, sold me right away. Sad to say but I'm not the biggest fan of Bowie but will give each one a shot. Hopefully I can get into this one.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

LordPants posted:

Thanks a tonne man.

I watched that Light from Dicks. :tviv: I'd heard their lighting guy was great, but I didn't know how great.

edit: Did they crack down on Soundboards of their pre-LivePhish.com shows? I seem to remember there being more floating about. :iiam:

Kuroda is the 5th man!

I don't think they cracked down. It would be hard to believe that they would.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

Phish is my favorite thing in life.

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

Looking forward to some fun in Chicago. My parents just moved to San Fran so August may be a good time to go visit them (and Phish).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I think they really enjoy themselves when they have new music to mix into their sets. I liked the shows I went to last year but I didn't really listen to the tour beyond that.

They definitely seem re-energized with the new songs. Trey (and everyone else but most of all Trey) seems really excited about the new album. It has to get tiring/boring to play the same songs over and over year after year. I mean, Junta came out 25 years ago and they still play most of the songs constantly. So when they have a bunch of new songs that the crowd gets into and they enjoy playing, it feeds into the other songs as well, and makes everything better.

But it also really depends on how much the crowd enjoys the new album (re: Joy and people walking out to get beer during TTE).

I Am Hydrogen fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 3, 2014

• Locked thread