Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Sunday was my first time in the Hampton Colliseum - that place was built for Phish shows.

It's so good to see Trey sober and playing competently again. Page was on FIRE though - he really stole the show on sunday (Army of One, Scent, Gin...).

And I finally got my tube :) :) :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

It's so great to see my favorite band not sucking.

Can't wait for Red Rocks.

That tour closing 2nd set from Alpine looks soooo good.

Crosseyed -> DWD -> Bug, Piper, Velvet, Slave

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Wow, there's someone else besides me who has simultaneous bemani and phish obsessions.

I posted this in the other thread, but Halloween is pretty much 100% confirmed to be a festival type thing in California, on the Coachella Field.

Can't wait for RED ROCKS!!! (I won all four nights in the lottery :) :) ).

I feel your pain on the 'miss the boat' train, I got into the band in 2000 when they had begun the hiatus and listened to tapes for 3 years before I got to see them. Then I saw them a bunch in 03/04 and it wasn't that good because Trey was too high to play. :(

This past month has been the time of my life, though.

The hartford > MD > SPAC drive is gonna be BRUTAL...but you know that MD is gonna be the sleeper show...

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Fishman is now going to sing Bike for you...

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Third night was unquestionably the best

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Flight booked, ticket and car pass acquired, and I'm renting a Dodge Charger so I can feel like a cop for three days.

Leaving work on thursday at 5, flying out from Philly, landing in San Diego 9am Friday, leaving the festival directly from the show on Sunday to make a 9am flight back to Philly in time for work on tuesday!

Of course, this pales in comparison to Hampton where I drove down from Philly on sunday, dosed :lsd: , saw the show, and then drove 8 hours home.

TEH PHISH :iamafag:

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Anybody figure this one out yet?

On Joy, the Page song is titled 'I Been Around', but when it was debuted in Chicago, they called it 'Windy City'...

Setlist from one of the sickest shows of the summer:

I: Kill Devil Falls, Sample in a Jar, Ocelot, Paul and Silas, Windy City, The Curtain With, Train Song, Gumbo, Heavy Things, Time Turns Elastic

II: Backwards Down The Number Line> Carini***, Gotta Jibboo, Theme from the Bottom, Wilson, Also Sprach Zarathustra> Chalkdust Torture, Harry Hood, The Squirming Coil
E: Loving Cup

*** Number line's type II jam into Carini is loving insane and everyone needs to go find it now

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

It's definitely the same exact song, listen to the show

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Party at my house after the spectrum shows.

I heard about Pearl Jam's shows being the 'last performances of the spectrum' though, and they're scheduled to happen before 11/25.

Guess we'll wait and see.

MSG, Spectrum...but no Hampton? What the gently caress?

Also, you're definitely right, Windy City is a completely different song. I guess I heard I've been around at the gorge or something.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Did you also catch him covering Britney Spears' "Circus"?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScJcMwvwtw8&feature=player_embedded#t=332

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Announce: 10/16
Onsale : 10/23
Pre-Sale Lottery in between

It will be this:

10/30/09 - Indio, CA
10/31/09 - Indio, CA
11/01/09 - Indio, CA

Winter 2009
11/18/09 - Cobo Arena - Detroit, Michigan (THIS ONE IS STILL TENTATIVE)
11/20/09 - US Bank Arena - Cincinnati, Ohio
11/21/09 - US Bank Arena - Cincinnati, Ohio
11/24/09 - Wachovia Center - Philadelphia, PA
11/25/09 - Wachovia Center - Philadelphia, PA
11/27/09 - Times Union Center - Albany, NY
11/28/09 - Times Union Center - Albany, NY
12/2/09 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
12/3/09 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
12/4/09 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
12/5/09 - John Paul Jones Arena - Charlottesville, VA

New Years Run 2009
12/28/09 - American Airlines Arena - Miami, FL
12/29/09 - American Airlines Arena - Miami, FL
12/30/09 - American Airlines Arena - Miami, FL
12/31/09 - American Airlines Arena - Miami, FL

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Hey, look who was right about the tourdates. ^____^

(I just spend time on phish boards that aren't PT)

Hometown Shows (Philly) are a definite, so is War Memorial because War Memorial ALWAYS RAGES...

MSG has to be a wed/thurs/fri? :( Fri is a definite, work is gonna keep me out of wed/thurs...

Maybe Albany.

6 out of 13 dates in loving new york? Screw you, Phish.

New Year's in Miami this year is 100% as well, but don't expect an announcement until next month.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Requested: $770 worth of tickets, basically everything except cincy/detroit/portland

Charged: $176 :[

I did win Red Rocks earlier this year, though.

And Halloween is LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Anyone else think the strong ziggy stardust rumors are a big red herring?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Still no E-Mails?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Rejections always go out before receipts - we'll probably know what shows we got by 3PM if I have this routine down by now.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I CANT FIGURE OUT MY COSTUME EITHER.

Maybe a dog faced boy? (laaame)

All the girls we're camping with including my girlfriend are being different 'birds' of a feather

=[

AIRPORT TOMORROW!!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20091101/LIFESTYLES0101/911010328/Foodies-delight-in-Phish-festival-s-varied-fare

That's me holding the foam in the top right :).

AMAZING WEEKEND AMAZING VACATION!!!

My only problems were getting too exhausted to enjoy the music at times. I wish I was more awake for Set II on Friday and Set III on Saturday.

And yes, I was also hoping for more phish horn charts than just suzy, but the end of suzy where they were just vamping the progression and the soul sistas were riffing was amazingly joyous

I'll type more when im not at work

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Speaking of great openers, if you haven't checked out the Bowie that opens the Miami New Year's run in 03 it's definitely worth the listen for the intro alone

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

The COBO is going to loving rage.

Weekapaug opener to finish the cliffhanger Mike's from F8?

Can't wait to jump on the bus for two nights philly -> two nights syracuse -> maybe MSG -> virginia

Work keeping me away from 'cuse, the number one venue on this tour IMO :(

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Looks pretty standard...this is why I didn't travel for the tour opener.

I will be driving 12+ hours for the closer though. ;)

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Yeah. PT is in an uproar about the number of songs / "lack of jamming" last night but honestly if you look at any show from 93 you'll find

jim, foam, ice, horn, mikes>hydrogen>weekapaug, poor heart...

Cinci is gonna rage this weekend.

Can't wait for philly.

I hope to catch a set like the one we saw from 2nd night at F8...

Number Line, Fluffhead > Ghost > Circus, YEM

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

New Year's Run 97, and specifically the 12/30 sneakin sally show are my favorite Phish recordings of all time.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

That Cobo jam is bizarre - it sounds middle eastern.

YEM is always done with tramps, AFAIK.

No Hood played all weekend - the hose is being brought to philly.

I can't do anything at work and im jumping up and down with cumbabies waiting for the lots to open tomorrow and start my 4 day run of VACATION !!!

Anyone have a MSG or Albany-2 extra for me? :)

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

So how unhappy do you think Mrs. Zappa is after last night?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

So if I really don't have to function at work tomorrow in philadelphia, just be here and chaperone a school wide trip to the nutcracker, I could probably just go to MSG tonight, right...?'

edit: I could be in bed in philadelphia before 2AM and I'd have to get up around 6...

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 3, 2009

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

cashortradeforyourextra.com

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Anniversary of the sickest hometown shows I ever got but I didn't go to them because I was thirteen and listening to Slipknot probably.

12/10/99 First Union Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA
Set I: Tweezer, Bouncing Around the Room, Horn, Heavy Things, Dogs Stole Things, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Roggae, Birds of a Feather, Guyute, Loving Cup
Set II: Gotta Jibboo, The Wedge, David Bowie> Have Mercy> Cracklin' Rosie, Twist, Waste
Encore: Ride Captain Ride

12/11/99 First Union Spectrum, Philadelphia, PA
Set I: Harry Hood, Mike's Song> Simple> I am Hydrogen> Weekapaug Groove, When the Circus Comes to Town, Scent of a Mule, Cavern
Set II: Boogie On Reggae Woman> Sneaking Sally Through the Alley> Ghost> Also Sprach Zarathustra> Down With Disease
Encore: Possum

12/11 is one of my favorite tapes ever. The hood OPENER has so much energy and that 2nd set is pretty much my dream Phish setlist. I poo poo my pants this year at 8 and Albany 2 over the funk power of GHOST..

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I started crying with Page and so did everyone around me during Wading at Coventry.

:'(

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

This is going to be so much better than 70vp.

Reminiscent of the 2001 tour, I'm hoping :) :) :)

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Fluffhead posted:

Is it true that Phil Collins sued Phish for AC/DC Bag in a case of copyright infringement for the Genesis album ABACAB? If so, pretty ironic that Trey is inducting them tonight

Never heard this before, sounds like a bad lot rumor

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Driver sucks. If I Could or Strange Design over Driver anyday.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I was really spoiled by the acoustic Driver on Hampton Comes Alive and hearing it with the regular 'doc is only so/so for me.

The lyrics are great, though.

But for best sappy Phish song? If I Could or Billy Breathes.

Billy Breathes at Red Rocks was a blessing :)

...bonus nomination to Lengthwise.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Fluffhead posted:

Spock's Brain at Merriwether, PLEASE!

Heard Spock's Brain in 03 and had no idea what was going on :)

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I'd love to hear Torn and Frayed again. I like it way better than Shine a Light, which seems to be the new song added to regular rotation.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Also, CREDIT CARD HOLD HOLD ON MY CARD BRO MAYBE NOT EMAIL YET CHECK IT OH poo poo SHUT OUT OF TELLURIDE UP ON STUBHUB FOR $250 A NIGHT THOUGH

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

stubblyhead posted:

Emotional Rescue. :colbert:

Aside from the new year's opener (95?) version with the 15 minute extended funk jam, I can always do without this cover.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Shut out of the 30 second telluride sell-out...

All the other onsales brought nothing but lawns for me.

Somebody from the internet is hopefully hooking me up with a Hershey GA, other than that I'm ticketless.

Buying all decent seats, for any show:

augiebeans at gmail dot com

See you kids on tour. :)

I had so much fun flipping cases of beer (and :lsd:) last year in the lot, but I'm trying to think of something more creative this summer...

I hope I can top the best bumper sticker ever that I saw at Fest 8...

"Got a blank space where my tent should be"

Actually, hey, this is SA...

Anybody got a good idea for a lot sticker / shirt / etc.? :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

The Phish police will hunt you down. They even have undercovers. :tinfoil:

• Locked thread