Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm seriously considering streaming it. Although, the way it works out it'll be like midday each day.

I haven't listened to Phish since they 'broke up'. Are there any new Phish standards/jam vehicles I need to memorise? Or just Joy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks a tonne man.

I watched that Light from Dicks. :tviv: I'd heard their lighting guy was great, but I didn't know how great.

edit: Did they crack down on Soundboards of their pre-LivePhish.com shows? I seem to remember there being more floating about. :iiam:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Digging through my car glove box, I found a rogue Island Tour CD from way back. Blast from the past.

Also, really hoping for a Timber sometime over the run. Hopefully jammed out. Timber is one of those songs that I go "Timber, which one is Timber?" and the chorus hits.

"Ohhhh... Timber!" (No pun intended)

edit: for video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNgZNcNP3os

Trey gets some Phans up to do the meatstick. No-one knows how to do it.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 20, 2012

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Elephunk posted:

Here's a free audio stream of tonight.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/w3s-w3lk3r

SET I:

Stealing Time

Moma

Funky Bitch

Army of One (!!) :staredog:

Tube

Stash

Nellie Cane

Kill Devil Falls

Free

Wolfman's > Little Drummer Boy > Wolfman's

Fuuuuuuuuuck. I just saw the live phish twitter and it said "Moma" and my wallet flew out of my loving pocket so quick.

edit: Funky Bitch! :radcat:

double edit: They're just playing my favourite songs now because I paid my :10bux:

triple edit: All these bluegrass tunes sound the same to me.

I really like Kill Devil Falls. Hooray for new material!

More favourites. :radcat:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 29, 2012

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Set II:

Tweezer >

Maze

Little Drummer Boy :smug: >

Twist

TFTB >

Fluffhead :woop: >

Bowie

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 29, 2012

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That was fun. :)

Something then Tweeprise I guess?

edit: Bouncing Round The Room. :)

Good Times Bad Times. :) :)

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 29, 2012

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'll be on a plane tomorrow during show time, but I'll be back for the 30th and 31st I reckon.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Tomorrow I'd love to hear Meatstick, 2001, YEM, PYITE, Character Zero, Light, Tweeprise, Golgi (have they played Golgi already?) Billy Breathes and ASIHTOS... I think that covers it. :downs:

I hope I didn't just name a whole bunch of tunes they've already played.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Carini is up on live phish for your viewing pleasure.

:okpos:

edit: I wish Oysterhead would play just one more gig, with clean, inspired Trey.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 3, 2013

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
http://phish.com/summer2013/

The announcement video is pretty cool. :)

edit: I'd always heard that touring was a constant desire to be home, followed by a constant desire to be back on the road again.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

bon ape tit posted:

drat, that is awesome. Time to go back and re-listen to the sloppy stoned 2.0 shows!

:smugdog:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Riosan posted:

2.0 gets poo poo on (and for good reason), but the entire IT festival and 6/19/04 are pure gold, and the IT Waves is one of the greatest jams they've ever played.

Its one of those things. I really enjoy some of the jams they did when loose was working well, but when it wasn't working, it really wasn't working.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Any gigs going to be streamed this tour?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Well, hopefully they do as I really like watching the streams (as someone who lives out of the US).

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
They're webcasting the next three nights. Woo! Might have to catch a night. :lsd:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He synched sbd audio with his video right? It's probably the sbd video they were unhappy about.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
And they are webcasting it too, right? This would be amazing news if I wasn't broke and on holidays where there isn't sufficient internet.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The old Grateful Dead trick of starting a show in bad weather off with "Cold Rain and Snow"? :)

Only Phish of course take it to the next level.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry for the double post, but is the deal that they're just streaming everything that sells out? If so that's pretty cool. I'll probably catch one of the shows this weekend. Viva couch tour!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am couched. Bring it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Timber. :smugdog:

:golfclap: to whomever did the set break "facts" on San Francisco.

double edit: When they listed the bands that Bill Graham promoted they left one out. :tinfoil:

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 4, 2013

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Any guess of what Halloween will be?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
To be fair, wasn't that the reaction for Remain in Light? A bunch of songs no one had heard before, hence the Dark Side show a few shows later?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Riosan posted:

I haven't listened to the set, but how bad could new Phish songs possibly be? Ironically, I'm glad there are people complaining that we get new Phish tunes rather than complaining over how they didn't completely destroy Eat a Peach or Lamb Lies Down on Broadway or whatever.

For me it's this overwhelming feeling of Phish laziness. Blah blah blah all down hill since '95 or what ever, but you just get this feeling that maybe they did that so they didn't have to spend the time rehearsing an additional 40+ minutes of material. I just get that feeling, I know it's dumb, but I just do.

edit: Prima Facie I do like the idea of keeping it fresh by not doing a cover album, however.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 2, 2013

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HKR posted:

Or maybe because after a few years of working on new material the band is excited to show it off?

Most likely, that's probably it. It's the problem with a band like Phish who hit such incredible highs in their career people are going to feel cheated if they're not hitting those highs every time. Last time they did Exile on Main street? Double Album? Pfft! This time they should be playing Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness*. And then after that they should be playing something twice the length of that.

* Was the only album I could think of that was twice as long as Exile off the top of my head in 3 seconds.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Nov 3, 2013

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Not going to lie, been enjoying some of these shows. I didn't really feel it at times last year but been enjoying this year. :iiam:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I was under the impression that some other band tried to book MSG but were told Phish had it locked up for the next however many years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:siren: December 31 - Jan 3 Miami :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOCsrytFMNU

Also, Halloween probably isn't going to be a cover album but I think we all knew that.

• Locked thread