Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Hershey is always a weird loving scene. Show sounds pretty good to me though, I'm all for Mike leading the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

x0nix posted:

I was a big fan of phish 1.0 and 2.0, still am in principle, but I've just never been able to get into any of the new stuff...

I guess everyone's just older now, and their tastes have matured. Music can't stay the same and I wouldn't ever want Phish to stay frozen, but I wish I was getting more a sense of progression and developement rather than 'safe mode'.

I'm largely in this camp but they've done a few things this go-round that have still dropped my jaw. Especially the Storage Jam. They do seem to find it harder to get into, or at least stay in, that zone of near-infinite musical possibility they used to inhabit.

Anyway, not sure how big the crossover between the two is, but for me the most innovative jamband out there right now is Brothers Past. They draw much more on electronic music than jazz, and are nowhere near as theatrical, but they've been dropping one great show after another for more than a year now—in particular, they do texture better than just about any band on the scene. Plenty of stuff on archive but you can stream very good, recent soundboards from their site.

elentar fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 12, 2012

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

The Crosseyed sandwich from Sunday night is top-notch. First thing since the Storage Jam I can imagine throwing on randomly, just to hear it again.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Second set of night one at SPAC was really good. Probably as well constructed a set as they've played since hiatus, and a benchmark for the future.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Hard to argue with a free, high quality livecast, but been a bit of a mess tonight. Restless Trey syndrome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Halloween costume set was the most fun thing they've done in a long, long time. All-round good musically too.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sBVIoWRb48

elentar fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 1, 2014

• Locked thread