Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

bon ape tit posted:

Yesterday was a complete poo poo show for grabbing tickets for Glens Falls and Worcester. I managed to snag 2 GA's for Glens Falls online and had over 5 minutes left on the site's timer when I entered in all of my information, and then: "Could not find your shopping cart, please try again". :suicide:

The 2-day pass ticket for Worcester was a total trap too, my friend and I both entered the Ticketmaster que at 11:00 sharp, and after 10+ minutes of waiting with a "less than 1 minute" wait, our ques crashed and we were forced to 'start over'. I decided to bypass the web and just try calling on the phone, and after ~25 minutes or so was finally able to speak with a real person who helped me lock down 2 tickets for each night. Phew, what a hassle! It's been forever since I haven't had to rely on the lottery or friends with extras that I forgot just how insane public onsale can be. Anyways, couldn't be more excited for Worcester > Hartford > Reading. 4 shows in 5 nights in the good 'ole Northeast in late October looks sooooo good on my calendar right now!

Anybody staying in Boston for Worcester? The town's rooms look completely booked, so my friend and decided to stay with some old college buddies who live in South Boston and we're planning on catching the rail to and from the show.

Does the commuter rail even run to Worcester? Careful on your return trip. Everything shuts down early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

bon ape tit posted:

According to a friend, it ought to drop us off within 1/2 mile from the venue, and the last departing rail back to Boston leaves at 12am. It's a bit of a hassle, especially if the shows run over the DCU curfew (apparently it was somewhere around 11:30pm in 2010). Unless I hear that it's a really sketchy/unsafe idea to do this then I'm up for it.

Worcester's not that bad, downtown at least. It's a LONG cab ride if you miss that train though.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding would be amazing, but Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is sort of an up and down affair with the heavy hitters on sides 1 and 2. I'd love to hear it though.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
As lame a concept as the second set was, I'm kind of excited that Bob Ezrin is producing the new record. For years I've wondered why they haven't tried using a big name producer. Left to themselves the band makes questionable decisions sometimes.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I got Fuego in the mail today. Kinda excited to hear what Bob Ezrin did with them. Cool art, at least.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Billy breathes is the only studio album I ever really find myself listening to. I think that's their best.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I'm not even a huge phish fan but billy breathes is one of a real handful of rock albums where I never want to skip a track. Even the small songs like taste and train song really work. I'm more of a prog fan than a jam band fan, so I love the long form composed stuff, but I don't think any of those earlier albums work as well or sound as put together as billy breathes. It deserved to be a (minor) hit I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
That's way better than I was expecting. And I grew up with that record, so the concept was amusing at least.

• Locked thread