Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.

GOOCHY posted:

Halloween Album -

Little Feat - Waiting For Columbus

Holy poo poo really? I love that album. It's perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
wife got me a ticket to the Hollywood Bowl in a couple weeks, as a birthday present. Will be driving up from San Diego, and driving home after the show. Anything I need to know about that venue? Went to the Long Beach arena last year...great show, but godDAMN that arena sucks. The human press trying to get in, trying to get the stupid wrist bands before going in the doors was loving miserable. Also LA traffic but I guess there's no way around that. Hoping for a better experience at the Bowl.

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
Driving up from San Diego to the Bowl show tonight. Is parking at the bowl really as bad as the internet makes it seem? Trying to decide which is worse - getting stacked in at the bowl for $20 and waiting 2 hours after the show to get out, or parking and taking a $10 shuttle from loving Lakewood 2 hours before the show.

SoCal is too crowded. How often does Phish go to Montana?

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.

Murmur Twin posted:

Have people seen the Hollywood Harry Hood yet? The lights in this video are out of this world. I'm not really big on Harry Hood but I think think they killed it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mDQ1L523v4

Having the lights of the dome itself to play with added a lot to the lightshow I thought. That Harry Hood was a highlight in what I thought was a really good second set. I wish I'd been closer to the stage...last year's Long Beach show was at a miserable venue, but I was like 30 yards from the stage, as opposed to what felt like a quarter-mile the other night.

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
I heard people at the Bowl show talking about "The Gorge" being great shows. I want to buy the second night from there...despite the first set having several songs in common with the show I just saw, it also has The Curtain (With). Then second set is Down With Disease > Undermind > Light > Sneaking Sally (reviews on Phish.net saying best Sneaking ever?) > 2001 > Walls of the Cave > Fluffhead > Antelope.

I've always wanted to catch a Curtain With, Fluffhead, or one of Trey's stories at a show, so I may pick this one up to sustain me. The only Gamehenge songs I've seen live are AC/DC bag on Sunday, and Divided Sky in 2003.

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
So are they doing a fall tour or what? If they don't hit the west coast this year I won't be able to see them. Was gonna try to make Dick's, but have to go to a distant in-law's wedding in VA instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
I've never done a multi-night run, but I'm gonna try to make Vegas for Halloween and Nov. 1. Is there something I should know about where night 3 of a 3 night run is always great or something? Trying to decide if I need to do all 3 nights.

And I'm glad they're hitting San Diego so I don't have to drive up to Inglewood, but god drat do I hate going to the amphitheater in Chula Vista.

• Locked thread