Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Wired in a new voltage regulator and fixed the charging system for good hopefully. Then rode it through a short, twisty nature preserve road and pissed everyone off.

(also I took a dumb picture of it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
It's a tiny bike, but I'm just barely 6" and have kinda short legs. I still look pretty hunched over though, and the footpeg placement perfectly puts my knees in the indents. I don't think anyone who's not me could ride it without dying of discomfort.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Hahahahaha. I'm not going to edit that one, I think it's worth leaving just the way it is.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Dellikose posted:

The tank looks like it says "the sour pissturd", please confirm.

It says "The Green Bastard." Which is about the best description of the piece of poo poo that I can come up with, and a Trailer Park Boys reference as a bonus.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

AncientTV posted:

As another SV650 owner, I [activity] and my bike was moderately well suited for it, along with [activity] and [activity] that it was also ok at.

http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?88535-fernley-vet-national-and-GP-pics

I messed around with the needle clip position on my DRZ's Mikuni and decided that the only solution is to order an FCR.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Took the spark arrestor out of the Yoshimura on the drz today to see if had any effect on my oversized pilot jet. It didn't, but goddamn does it sound hilarious.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Ordered an FCR 39 just now. Got jetting recommendations from Sisneros, can't loving wait.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Messed with the AP timing on my DRZ. Now it can slide in second gear under heavy lean and throttle on my lovely Shinko 705s.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Put brand new sprockets and a fancy gold DID x-ring chain on the DRZ today with the help of a buddy. Thankfully he was there, because my cooler makes a pretty lovely dirt bike stand. No real damage due to blowing up the previous chain other than a small gouge in the case right where the splined clutch rod goes down and a cracked plastic countershaft cover. Time for a fancy Zeta aluminum unit I guess. I definitely lucked out though, looking at that little gouge that could have been the end of the season for me really makes me thankful.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
It's wonderful

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Kickstart only is really not that annoying. I guess my RD isn't much to kick over, even after the increased compression.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Don't forget about the matching sprocket rust, and also the weird rust on the plastics.

Oh poo poo, sniped. This will always be my favorite supermoto "review" from Cycle World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-GuIDbaews

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I was expecting you to reply saying they were black or something. That is awesome though, I want to get a second set of all black plastics for the DRZ for doing stupid things.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Dropped the DRZ cylinder off for 435 bore. Picking it up with a forged piston, hot cams, fresh gaskets, and FCR jets when it's done.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
You guys are dicks. Sorry about my plebe sumo. I envy every Husky and KTM, trust me.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I guess. I only spent $300 on the bore and piston. The stage 1 hot cams were another $250 though so I suppose you're right.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Move to Scandinavia and fill a shed with Husabergs

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
If you really want to talk about turd polishing I'll look up the total cost of rebuilding my RD400 from barn find condition.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Mounted and installed my 2CT's on the DRZ last night, along with replacing brake pads, installing stainless lines and changing brake fluid. Now the only thing left to do is reassemble the top end and move out of loving Wisconsin because it's 32 degrees and snowy next week :suicide:

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I didn't take pictures of the build because me and a buddy did it so fast, but I got done installing a 435cc cylinder, forged CP piston, and stage 1 Hot Cams in my DRZ at 3 AM today. Spent this afternoon buttoning up the things that were still left, then did the break in idling and subsequent ride. It's way better with twice the horsepower

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

prukinski posted:

You want horror movie cover, I got your horror movie cover right here:

From this morning's ill-advised ride.

Bet that creepy shed is full of creepy dirtbikes.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
:drat:

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Installed Zeta barkbusters with integrated flashers on the DRZ. Next is the turn-signal tail light controller. Weight reduction of like a pound maybe!

infraboy posted:

Sold the 954rr today :( Hope new owner enjoys it.

I'm trying to find a clean 900 or 954 in Wisconsin right now to put a handlebar on. :getin:

Yerok fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 20, 2014

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I once fell over on my DRZ while sitting cross legged on the seat trying to talk to someone on the phone. I should pay more attention to road crown while parking in unfamiliar places I guess. It was really funny and I even managed to nail the horn on the way down. Zeta guards and sliders saved everything.

Edit: I was in first. Which just makes it better.

Yerok fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Aug 22, 2014

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I have a local shop that is poo poo for anything else, but they have laser cutter and a database of every gasket ever

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

I'll have to pull the skid to put it on the stand/change the oil.

I could lift it from the skid to access the front wheel though.

E: The ultra effort mode: build a stand/jack attatchment!

Drill access holes for the drain plugs to maximize laziness.

Yerok fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 9, 2015

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Replaced my battery and remembered that the reserve on my petcock doesn't work. Rode it in the snow.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Laughed way too hard

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Marxalot posted:

Is it turning over? Did you try to bump start it?

Did you pull the choke knob out?

e: How many miles are you getting out of your DRZs before they implode? I'm at around 22kmi now. Should I buy a second one as a backup???

I have a friend who recently sold his 35k mile DRZ which was on the original bore. It was -1/+2 on the countershaft/rear sprocket, was poorly jetted for an FMF exhaust, and had the absolute poo poo beaten out of it. It was still going pretty strong except for a bad valve seal that was making it smoke like a motherfucker on hard engine braking.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

As Nero Danced posted:

Am I seeing it right, that it's a hondamatic? What's the clutch lever do?

As for your question, there should be a sizing chart at home depot or wherever you go to buy your screws, you can check the good bolt and find out how big you need to go. I went here and If I'm looking at the right screws it says 6x18, but I could be wrong.

Those bolts are probably M6x18mm with a 10mm head.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Just buy a loving KTM.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Cut off the dented part of the extra Yoshimura exhaust I had to make a shorty. Started with a cut made to extract the muffler tip.

Finished product, minus the new tag that I have to order cause the old one was glued on as well as riveted.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Where's the Rotella?

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
Fixed a vacuum leak on the Fireblade and mostly eliminated my hanging idle/slow rev drop problem. Still probably have to sync the carbs.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
One of the garbage 900RRs I bought had a farm implement chain on it with a master link from a 530 chain attached via a couple cotter pins.

"It works good and it's tough as poo poo but I have to keep adjusting it."

Hmmm, I wonder why?

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I want that gas tank so bad. I'm just gonna buy one this season.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I'm moving to Bonners Ferry for a little while in like a month and a half. I'm excited to actually ride all my dirtbikes on real/imagined trails and go wheeling.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I like your bike cave. It makes me miss home.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
R&R'ed ignition backing plate and rotor on XR200. All good except the pin in the cam that aligns the plate is smeared over a bit from loose parts rattling around. Anyone got any bright ideas for extracting the pin other than taking the cam out and using the drill press? Too bad the rotor bolt didn't shear in the snout of the cam, then I would've swapped in something hotter :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

builds character posted:

Can you heat the surrounding area and then pack some dry ice on the pin? I know that's usually for bearings, but maybe you could jerry rig something here.

I've already begun the careful process of torching and tapping with various punches to try to spin/move the drat thing. Maybe I could also include an upside down duster can (as an inhalant). We will see