Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Ettin posted:

I don't feel forced or anything, but I do enjoy the product. If anyone has specific book suggestions feel free to say something! (I'm not buying the entire line or anything, but yeah.)
Yeah, I wouldn't buy the core books anymore. Everything in them is outdated and/or on DDI. The Rules Compendium and Monster Vaults are much better investments. Also the DMG2 is a straight up awesome book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

ProfessorCirno posted:

Sex sells...

But im still glad it's a gamer's game and not a business like the one that made 4th edition.
Can we get an ironicat that does the head exploding thing like the psyduck?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Darwinism posted:

How.... how does he have +9 mods at 10?

The only thing I can think of is if he's adding the half level mod into those as well. Which would put his STR/CON at 18/18. Pretty terrible but not entirely surprising when he obviously has no idea what he's doing.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost
Also number 7 is awful. That way lies caster supremacy. Somebody needs to show this dude the ritual list. (Though without houserules they have their own set of problems.)

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Evil Mastermind posted:

D&D OgreBattle Edition
This doesn't seem particularly groggy to me. It'd be an interesting experiment to see if choosing an effect after the to hit roll would be easier/faster (since that seems to be the goal of the design). I suspect not though, since what effects you have available to you is going to have a big impact on targeting decisions. The extra step is just going to give you a chance to second guess yourself.

The bit about the fluff being closely married to the crunch might be a little groggy, but that could just be my bias towards reskinning/disconnected crunch showing.

On that note, could someone please remind me why I play a game with character classes again?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Evil Mastermind posted:

I didn't intend it as a groggy thing so much as a funny thing. OgreBattle is insane in the best ways.

I half suspected as much. I remember him being posted about upthread a ways. I actually agreed with most of what he wrote last time. This time not so much, but I don't begrudge him the attempt.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Couldn't tell you. Get yourself a copy of LoA.
Ha. I've been meaning to since it sounds like a neat game, but I've been having a tough time finding a stable D&D group lately, let alone one for something else.

And to answer my own question: It's probably because I really enjoy the tactical minigame. It's like the best parts of minis wargaming and MtG without the painting and massive card knowledge required, respectively. Ruining the DM's day with a few well placed Mage zones was pretty much a best experience (thanks CharOp thread!).

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

No RPGs suck because they aren't board games, duh.
Woah, hold up there. I'm not sure what the context of this is and maybe I'm misreading his intent, but I totally agree that RPG designers have a lot to learn from their board game designer counterparts, especially euro styled games.

Maybe this is a little groggy/spergy of me, but at their core games of any kind are really just engines designed to drive the players towards certain desired activities (generally in the pursuit of fun) through their reward systems. You can add whatever window dressing you want, but that's really just a statement of intent.

And that's why I love Burning Wheel so much. The various reward systems (skill advancement, artha) are completely in line with what the game is trying to get the players to do. On the flip side, D&D is pretty drat incoherent unless the goal is to get the players into fights, because that's what it rewards. I would argue that this is pretty much what 4e does -- it's just up to the players and the DM to make sure that those fights are interesting and it could definitely be made clearer that that's the intent.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

LincolnSmash posted:

It's not just about the experience, but how advancement functions in conjunction with it.
Right, the vast majority of character advancement loops back into increased effectiveness in the tactical combat.

And XP is only the most overt form of reward. I'd argue that there is some inherent rewardness in solving the interesting tactical puzzles in combat. Even things like "hitting with an attack" have rewards attached (through things like reducing the enemy team's "victory points" and unlocking more tactical decisions from power riders).

Heck, the fact that different DMs give out such differing rewards for the noncombat portions of the game is really just further evidence that it's a weak point in the rules.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost
A good counter for that one (in my mind) is that a character's powers are the things they know how to do really well. For other stuff you use page 42 and wing it. Honestly it just seems dumb to me to try to list out every single combat manoeuvre a character might try. You could fill up a whole book like that. And good luck with having to look poo poo up every time a character does anything.

But yeah, it's probably hopeless to try to argue with the dude. He sounds pretty drat groggy.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Evil Mastermind posted:

Could fill up a book? 3.Pathfinder pretty much proved you could fill up multiple books with the "rule/feat/power for every situation" thing.
I think my group pretty much just kept it to the main 3 rulebooks + the complete x books, or whatever they were. Also I think I've mostly blocked those dark days from my mind. All I really have left is a lingering hatred of undead and constructs.

Yeah, I think that was my "emo elf rogue" phase.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Evil Mastermind posted:

Sounds like someone needs a copy of Legends of Anglerre.
I think this is the third time you've recommended that I buy that. So I guess I have no choice:

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Evil Mastermind posted:

You will not regret it, sir.
I don't expect I will. Thanks for the reminder. I've actually been meaning to pick it up for a while. Now here's hoping I'll actually get to play it some day. :v:

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Laphroaig posted:

Unintentionally, probably, but those are the consequences of the preservation of certain legacy mechanics.
What is best in life?

To crush their ability scores, see their sacred cows driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the grognards.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

LincolnSmash posted:

But what I don't get is that there are games that actually do have mechanical incentives for "role-playing" and these people are acting like they don't exist.
Except mechanical incentives for roleplaying generally involve metagame mechanics (Fate points, Burning Wheel Beliefs/Instincts/Traits) that get in the way of Simulationist-Immersive play. Or so I assume. I clicked on those crazy articles on RPG.net out of morbid curiosity and started skimming. It's such a weird priority my mind rebelled and I didn't get very far though.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Shroudmaster posted:

Self publishing and downloadable games have flooded the market with a lot of junk
:ironicat:

Holy poo poo this is amazing. It's finally happened. You guys have gotten the grogs to come here to be cleansed with fire. The grogapocalypse has begun.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

LogicNinja posted:

This. Shroudmaster, the reason the thread turned ugly is because you got (a) smug and (b) defensive as hell, while (c) not addressing any actual criticisms.
I admit to being openly hostile right out of the gate. Seriously, the game is a textbook fantasy heartbreaker, complete with wonky dice mechanics and a "more realistic" pseudo-Europe setting. If that's not mockable (especially in 2012) I don't know what is.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost
And of course 4rognards once 5e is released (and all our fears of it being a throwback to 3e come true).

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Red_Mage posted:

I have posted this before, but since the common adage is that magic users get to replicate everyone else with spells since everyone else can go all day with their thing, you should make skills have some of the same effects as high level spells (at non stupid dcs). High level acrobatics lets you tumble so far you teleport. High level Diplomacy is like charm person or hold person, or illusions with bluff. High level endurance just straight up lets you ignore damage, high level intimidate lets you stop time itself with your glare.
At that point why even have spell lists though? Just have the wizard make an arcana check to cast his fireball.

By this I mean everyone should be playing FATE.

(LoA just came in the mail. Haven't gotten around to really digging in yet but I've paged through it a few times. Seems neat so far.)

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

True Evil Bob posted:

What is FATE? I keep hearing it mentioned a lot in these threads but don't really know anything about it.
We also have a thread here in TG that's got a pretty good explanation. I'd link it but I'm on my phone and getting URLs is a pain in the rear end.

Guilty Spork posted:

I'm increasingly wanting wizards in RPGs to be more like in Discworld, where they're largely pompous and useless, and when they do finally throw major mojo around it has serious risks. There used to be wizards more like D&D PCs, and they caused the Mage Wars that left large areas of the world uninhabitable. Witches are more sensible, but that's because they figured out long ago that all the really important bits of "witchcraft" have nothing to do with magic.
This gets back to the fact that the only genre that D&D magic is good at emulating... is D&D magic. Look at LotR. Gandalf only casts a few spells all throughout the books. And don't get me started on magic items.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Inevitable posted:

I'm even interested in your perspective right up until you say that your way of finding enjoyment in a game is 'better' than mine.
This part really jumped out at me as the major disconnect in the argument going on here. And I think a similar disconnect happens in a lot of RPG edition discussions.

Here's the thing: No one is saying that their way of finding enjoyment is better than yours. That's the thing that's totally subjective. What others are saying is that there are probably better ways to cater to the type of enjoyment that you're seeking.

Because while 3d6 ability rolling does create "unpredictable character" enjoyment, it also creates "varying levels of competency", which in a cooperative game where you have to have competent characters to contribute to winning could easily be seen as a negative. So wouldn't it be better of we could find a system of character generation that retains "unpredictable character" while ditching "varying levels of competency"? That's all people are really saying when they point out that rolled stats in D&D are counterproductive.

And there are even other types of games where "unpredictable character" would be a negative. Good game design is identifying what your goals are for player activity and then choosing the right mechanics to guide players towards those goals.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

I Am The Scum posted:

To bring it to a simpler video-game example, bad camera controls are objectively unpopular.
I can't remember which of these threads I read it in, but I actually just saw a defense for lovely camera controls in Mario Galaxy that was pretty convincing. The idea was that the lack of camera control encouraged the player to run around the level faster rather than stopping to line up their jumps. So it's not really about which mechanics are "good", but which ones encourage the types of behavior that you're trying to evoke.

I think most of the time when people talk about "objectively good" design what they really mean is "coherent" design. No one can tell you that you're right or wrong to try to evoke a certain behavior in players (within reason). But we can sure as hell discuss whether a certain mechanic is effective in encouraging that behavior.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Evil Mastermind posted:

What would 4e have to do to get you excited?
Goddamn most of that is terrible but I want to call out number 1 for a second:

Natural language has no place in rules text. Game manuals (even RPG books) are first and foremost technical documents. They are trying to convey a set of instructions for playing the game in the way intended by the creator. One of the coolest things the power writers did in 4e was make all the effects explainable through the mechanics and keywords of the game.

Sorry. That's one of my bigger grog game design peeves. I'm done.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Kestral posted:

The suitability of natural language for conveying information depends on the nature of the information. Vincent Baker's Apocalypse World is written largely in "natural language," as is Dogs in the Vineyard. These are widely regarded as some of the clearest texts in gaming for teaching you not just the rules of the game but how the creator intends the game be played. I'd go so far as to say that Apocalypse World in particular would be almost unplayable if it had been written in a technical style.
Maybe I'm too much of a programmer then, because I remember reading through DitV and being confused as to how the game worked. I think it had something to do with the dice/resolution mechanics, but it's been a while so I'd have to look through it again to be sure.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Transient People posted:

Out of curiosity, would you say the Spirit of the Century SRD is poorly explained? Because it's another game manual that is chock full of flavor and natural language, but I think it explains everything pretty clearly anyway.
I haven't actually sat down and read it for a few years, but I think my main problem with it was my pulp background is severely lacking, so I have no frame of reference for what characters should be doing.

Also that giant loving list of stunts is brutal. They're all named with flavor text so if you're looking for some specific effect it can be tough to find what you want. I'd much prefer a list of possible effects that could apply to any skill to create my own stunts, but some of them are probably too specific (if this exists then I missed it/forgot about it).

But the basic mechanics of the game came across okay. I guess I might be incorrect in my rant, but I look at some of the spell effects in 3e and all I see is mushy bullshit vs say Visions of Avarice in 4e which you can figure out instantly as long as you know the basic mechanics.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Transient People posted:

Not to say I wouldn't like to have stunt creation rules, but premade stunts tend to break the rules a lot more...and that's exactly what Stunts are supposed to do.
It could also be that the layout for that SRD page is awful. I might be more amenable if it was in a book or had a table with links so I could click on one, read it, go back, etc. Scrolling around on that giant page is a pain in the rear end.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost
Also for some people making characters is part of the fun. I don't know that I'd want to take on a monstrosity like that all the time, but once in a very great while? Sure.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Doc Hawkins posted:

Okay, yes, if making characters is a game. Like Traveller, say.
Eh, I'd say that any character creation system can be turned into a game. Or at least a mental/creative exercise.

Granted, it's often an accounting-like game, but taking a concept and realizing it within the confines of a given system of rules can be fun in and of itself.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost
WotC screwed up with 4e because I get to play a Big drat Hero (and suplex dragons) right from level 1.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

LincolnSmash posted:

He actually goes on about how 3e rules were merely guidelines for newbie DMs and shouldn't really be followed strictly BtB
I call bullshit. Or maybe terrible writing. Because unless I'm misremembering there's nothing in the books themselves that tell you this.

That seems to be a terrible habit of old school play/design. They always seem to assume that the players/DM will be able to read the designers' minds and figure out the tricks through osmosis or something. That everyone's play experience is exactly like theirs.

/rant (It's me, etc.)

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's a bug that people turned into a feature.
Haha, good call. You're right that that's probably what's actually going on.

I just get really irked when people try to defend poor design. My recent years spent playing fewer RPGs and more hobbyist board games have definitely made me into a design snob.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

LincolnSmash posted:

He admits as much in the interview -- that the 3e team did not do their job of communicating that the sheer number of rules and subsystems were there to act as guidance for inexperienced GMs.
Gotcha. Still frustrating, but not as damning. Hopefully he'll carry that knowledge forward and be more explicit about how the game is supposed to be played in 5e.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Mordaedil posted:

You know those first pages of both the Player's Handbook and the Dungeon Master's Guide you always skip past when you open the book?

It's there.
Hmm. I might have to go grab my books out of storage and check since I'm curious how it was presented. Like, did they give any guidance on what could easily be tossed without wrecking things?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Mordaedil posted:

It more suggests ways you can own up to mistakes and acknowledges that you might want to do things like giving players the ability to make their own first level spell that knocks people over and then say you made a big mistake when a clever player uses that spell to knock a villain off a cliff.

Otherwise, pages 5-16 of the DMG does kinda try to tell you to don't sweat it if you can't remember a rule, don't break the pacing of the game and just fudge poo poo on the fly if it would ruin the pace to look up the exact wording. I believe the most obvious example would be grappling which they made this big promo trailer about what a pain in the rear end it was and that it'd be gone in 4th edition, but it's still there and is basically the same rule.

Kinda weird.
Ah. Yeah that I'm not surprised by. Like you said it's pretty standard. And while it is good advice during play, it doesn't really address the idea that sections of the rules that you don't like are just a guideline.

Like I said, I've become a design snob. In board games, it's expected that you play by the rules as best you can because often times the designers know their game best. If you start tossing out rules willy-nilly without truly understanding _why_ you might be eliminating key components of the intended concept or making the game less fun.

The easy example is Monopoly. Most people play that game completely wrong and end up making the game an awful multi-hour slog (we'll ignore the fact that the game is actually a critique on capitalism and not actually designed to be fun). The "free parking" rule in particular only serves to inject more money into the game at random and really just prolongs the inevitable.

Bringing this back to RPGs, if a game is well designed you either won't need to toss anything out or the different variations will be clearly laid out and playtested. Going back to the Forge for a moment, if you have to drift a game too much, you're probably playing the wrong game. Being a GM is enough work that you shouldn't have to add "game designer" on top of it. That's why we pay people money for RPG books.

Not really directing this at you Mordaedil, mostly just :spergin: about games.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Dr Nick posted:

There's nothing wrong with houserules. It's a problem when the game requires them to run.
Right. Obviously you can do whatever you want with a game. It's yours, you paid money for it. But if you need to drift it drastically much then there's probably something else out there that fits your needs better.

I'd argue that the auction screwing the guy who's behind is part of the game in Monopoly. I mean, seriously, it's right there in the name. If momentum like that isn't something you enjoy (and it probably shouldn't be, it's a poo poo mechanic) then there are plenty of other games out there in a similar theme that haven't been designed with the assumption of that momentum.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

OtspIII posted:

I'm of an almost opposite mindset, where I feel like if a game doesn't have ways built into it to let itself be drifted a bit to suit the players' needs it's missing out on something fundamental. I look at RPG rulesets as toolboxes the GM (and players) use to build the game, not as the game itself. A good ruleset is one that helps the GM adapt and drift it to the specifics of the group's taste without breaking (early D&D is half-good at this; it's great at not breaking but awful at pointing you in the right direction).
I partially agree with you, but I think the "direction" part is important to have. RPGs are much more nebulous undertakings than board games or especially video games, so there should be some wiggle room for different styles. But if the designer doesn't tell you where that wiggle room is, you're taking shots in the dark.

al-azad posted:

I'm commenting on the "design snob" train of thought. I never understood why people get upset about other people not playing by the rules for whatever reason. Regardless if they don't understand the game or if they genuinely don't like the RAW, one man's homebrew is his own business.
I'm not directing any ire towards end users at all though. Once a game is published it is what it is. If you buy it you can do whatever you need to do to enjoy it. I can get a little frustrated with people who add a bunch of houserules to a game without playing it a few times first and then complain about it being bad, but that's another topic.

Going back to what got this started (Monte Cook saying that the 3e rules were more like guidelines without giving any direction in how to choose what to ditch), what actually gets my goat is poorly designed and written rules that are a mess even before they go out the publisher's doors.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Inevitable posted:

Do they mean "video game design," though? I assume they're talking mainly about incorporating the ideas of the Indie-game and Euro-boardgame markets. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, unless the changes are perceived as running rough-shod over the 30-year old game that many people already love.
Eh, there are lessons to learn from all of the above. Like I'm petty sure Marking in 4e was taken from MMOs, but it was a good tabletop implementation of that concept. You definitely don't want to enforce it as strictly as WoW does for the "threat" concept. And the end result is that the fighter can actually fulfill his job of protecting the squishies rather than relying on the social contract that the DM will attack him first.

But yeah, when most people here talk about modern game design concepts we're taking about indie RPGs (and in my case euro board games).

Xiahou Dun posted:

Dude thinks that Dungeons and Motherfuckin' Dragons is a "deep" game.

I'll leave you to come to your own conclusions.

Because when I think about mature and artistic elfgames, I think about chainmail bikinis and monsters that pretend to be the ceiling. Yeah.
Pretty sure by "deep" he means "complex and unapproachable".

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

LogicNinja posted:

If by "taken from MMOs", you mean, "came from the idea that the Fighter should be good at protecting his friends, which came from D&D, which is where MMOs got it", then yes.

Marking is implemented in literally the exact opposite way that MMO aggro is. The only thing the two have in common is "fighter is tank", which, again, comes from D&D.
All very true, but before MMOs there was no mechanical representation of how the fighter/meatshield was supposed to do his job. At least when we played, since we didn't use a battle map, it all sat at the social contract level that the monsters would attack the guy "in front" first.

That's the "revolutionary" idea: That when somebody has a role in the party they should have some kind of mechanical thing to back it up.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

LogicNinja posted:

That's not revolutionary. Thief skills, cleric heals, opportunity attacks, etc. What's revolutionary is that fighters get to be good at it.
Except the wizard could do the thief's job in older editions too. But yeah, that's why I had it in scare quotes.

copy posted:

Yeah dog sorry that's not true. Opportunity attacks in 3E and disengagement rules in ADnD want to have a word with you. Hell the fighter mark punishment effect is still an AoO in 4E, the only difference being that it has a rider now. I guess I could just direct you to the edition war thread where the "4e is wow" argument got trampled into the earth and save us both some time though.
I am the least "4e is WoW" person you'll ever meet, but even I can see where they've drawn their inspiration from. And I'm pretty sure they even said as much in the run up to release. You guys are so on guard for the 4e is WoW thing that you can't see where drawing a few parallels can be meant as a compliment.

I've admitted as much in the edition war thread but my memory is a bit lacking on a few things in older editions. What was in those previous editions to prevent the monster from just eating the damage from the fighter's AoO (which probably wasn't as crazy as some of the charge op damage I got schooled on elsewhere) and walking over to the mage and making him eat dirt?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

LightWarden posted:

And the origins of the taunt mechanic?

Wait for it...

Yes, it's the loving kender. And this was released in 1984.
That's awesome. I love being wrong about this kind of stuff. Thanks for the citations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost
It's lazy not to playtest/balance classes past 10.