Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

already is
Jul 13, 2004
Loved it! What can I say that other review sites won't? The movie is exceptional no matter what, but having Jean Claude in it makes the movie even better. A kungfu action movie this is not. It's more of a confession of Jean Claude Van Damme's life and career, coupled with great shooting, directing, and an interesting plot as well. The movie fades in and out of itself to show you JCVD's life, and is particularly good when Van Damme pauses for a monologue with the audience.

Movie is in french for most of it, but get over it. You need to see this if you want to see Van Damme in a whole new light.

4 / 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
This is a fantastic movie. Who knew that he could actually act.
The music was great and the story was an interesting mix of his real life and a typical bank heist movie.
I would like to see JCVD win some awards. It deserves recognition.
The movie really makes you feel for Jean Claude.

4/5

Joey Walnuts
Dec 6, 2004

Clean up, aisle 3.

Brekelefuw posted:

This is a fantastic movie. Who knew that he could actually act.
The music was great and the story was an interesting mix of his real life and a typical bank heist movie.
I would like to see JCVD win some awards. It deserves recognition.
The movie really makes you feel for Jean Claude.

4/5

I agree with all of this except for the music. The music choices, to me, were terrible. Other than that, it was fantastic. I really enjoyed the scene where he talks directly to the camera. I usually hate that in movies, but this was great.

4/5

battlepigeon
Aug 3, 2008

Not sure what i sxpected when i went to see this movie being a french drama movie, but i was pleasantly surprised with the outcome!

Who knew Van Damme could act as well as this? Some of the music seemed out of place though.

I highly recommend this for both fans and non-fans of Van damme.

4/5

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have no idea why people like this movie. Its some of the most boring, pretentious, crap I have ever watched. It tries so loving hard and fails on every level.

0/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Cow
Oct 6, 2007

mooty dollars :3
Nap Ghost
its really something different and if you enjoy watching van damme
all the better but i guess if you don't like him this could severly effect your enjoyment of the film. hopefully he will do more creative films like this but i would of still liked more martial arts in it :P

4/5