Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Whoa I've never heard of TM

They make some ugly bikes though

That looks like a freaking pit bike but its a 660cc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Does it make basically no sense at all to take a dirtbike and convert to a street legal SM? Adding wheels, tires, brakes, lines, speedo, lights, and license seems like a bitch.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

gently caress my gay life I want to trade my R6 in for a DRZ-SM. I can't ride the thing anywhere to its capacity in Washington whereas when I borrow Spiffness' DRZ everything is super fun and I don't have to constantly hold myself back. gently caress Supersports in non-Los Angeles urban environments.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

lofting curbs and fishtailing stops are much more fun to me than going 120mph straight

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I'm doing the same thing with my R6 =\

sportbikes are not fun in a city that isn't LA

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Seriously the DRZ400sm should be everyone's starter biek.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

rooftops?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Spiffness posted:

How prophetic you should say this, my 690 threw up a FI code tonight on the ride home and lost power a few times. Tomorrow it goes to the dealer to figure out whats up. Under warranty, which is nice, but oi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ4axo9rmJY

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Did you die?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

oh ok good you didn't die

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

looks like local places are selling the 701sm for $11,299+taxes,title,etc. I can't bring myself to spend 5 figures on a sumo

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

gently caress I sat on one. I think I'm going to get one

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

The 701sm

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

A Spurned Italian

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

I have to go to work and it was raining hard and the speed limits are like 25 mph camera enforced between the dealer and my house and some dude was going 20 with his trunk flopping up and down and just about the most anticlimactic new ride home ever. This bike is going to be so loving awesome

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

First bike I've had with ABS. The whole thing feels like I'm cheating at riding a motorcycle, everything is so effortless. I definitely quickly passed the phase of new purchase "oh god what have I done" feeling real quick with the first wheel loft. I recommend.

Also are axle sliders a worthwhile thing to put on or do they not really protect that much?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

K I'll order some.

The seat is loving huge and rad. I could ride a long ways with it but I'm used to uncomfortable butt stuff so iunno how other people would like it.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Z3n posted:

Did someone say supaaaaarmotoooooooo

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Pn4CoQhT2-4

Goddamn my wheelies are loving dogshit

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

The neutral and oil indicators on the 701sm like to try to escape

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

In that gif they're both out about an inch from the dash

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Buy the Husky you don't need money when you're dead from bad wheelies

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Only time the dash makes its way into my vision is if I'm trying my darnedest at being a twelve o'clock boy

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

High Protein posted:

Husqvarna 701 is getting the Duke V engine for 2017: http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2016/september/husqvarna-701-gets-updated-engine-for-2017/

Sucks for people who bought the 2016 model I guess. No news on the 690 SMC.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

High Protein posted:

Husky 701 owners: there'll be a tuning kit for the '17 701 released this month. It includes a new airbox, exhaust, tuning, emissions equipment removal. Part no. 27012945000. Don't know how the airbox is different from the stock one, my hunch is it just doesn't include openings for the emissions hoses. The air filter cover is different too, but it looks like it's the same one that's been a 690 power part for ages.

At ~850 bucks it's relatively cheap, cheaper than just the exhaust (which is identical to the one in the kit) for the 2016 model.

Is this compatible with the 2016 701sm engine?

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

The best dollar to fun ratio I've had on a motorcycle for sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlduI7EtTqM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

I found out we can rent an entire kart track out in tri-cities for $350, as long as it's a weekday. Tri City Kart Club hosts most of Cascadia Supermoto's races as well.

Who wants to buy my 701 so I can get a real supermoto?

• Locked thread