Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
Ok this poo poo has made me want to reconsider buying a SV650. With the DRZ400SM what sort of range would I be looking at for an average tank of gas? Are their any supermoto bikes that can handle longer range stuff comparable with a sportbike?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004

Dubs posted:

If your asking this its prolly not meant to be. Commuting i fill up at about 150km's, i could prolly hit 200+ but i dont have the balls to try. I commute 180km's each way when i ride to school, But i do have a corbin so its better than the standard seat and i dont do it often because I dont like loading up the bike with Km's when i can just catch the train.

When on the throttle the economy drops, alot. Iv hit reserve at 100-110km's before.

Well I just dont want to be filling the gas tank up ever single day when my commute to work is 30 miles round trip :v:. The larger tank option does look great though. Do most dealers have the supermotos on display or is it generally a "you know what you want and you buy it on order" type of deal? I would love to see one in person to get an idea of the seating position.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
Are replacement parts around the same price as a sportbike? Say going 10,000 miles on the average SV650 compared to the average DRZ400.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004

Phat_Albert posted:

My local Suzuki dealer generally has at least one in stock. They're pretty popular. If you're a short guy, it would behoove you to sit on one for a while and see how you like it.

I am 6' 2" so unless it is like an old-world bicycle it shouldn't be that bad :v:

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
Just saw a VStrom 650 in person today while I was at the dealer getting tired mounted and it has made me lust over it again. Why do so many motorcycles have to be so awesome :(

• Locked thread