Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
The Patreon is up. While The Bad Guys Win is weekly, WTF D&D will be monthly unless you THROW MONEY RIGHT AT THEIR STUPID FAT FACES AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They're currently getting $25 a month, and $100 will double the update rate ($200 will quadruple it).

Edit: Holy poo poo, someone just pledged $100 a month. Don't forget, it's monthly (payments are automatically made around the start of each month, but only if the pledging was active during the previous month - if you pledge early in a month your first payment will be the following month).

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Ok I did the $100 one, now Steve has to run a dungeon for me! ahahahahahaaa!!

(this sounds really cool)

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

gnarlyhotep posted:

You're aware it's monthly, right? Patreon's still kinda newish and I'd hate for there to be a misunderstanding. Even if you weren't aware it's monthly, you can pull out after the first payment goes through, but if that causes the total to go below $100 that'll mean only one month of fortnightly updates.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

BiggerJ posted:

You're aware it's monthly, right? Patreon's still kinda newish and I'd hate for there to be a misunderstanding. Even if you weren't aware it's monthly, you can pull out after the first payment goes through, but if that causes the total to go below $100 that'll mean only one month of fortnightly updates.

Yeah, I'm aware it's monthly. No sweat bro.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

gnarlyhotep posted:

Yeah, I'm aware it's monthly. No sweat bro.

Wow...ok well then I guess I'm gonna up my $2 pledge. That's so awesome of you.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Yeah,. we should prop him up. If we can get this thing to $200 a month there won't be as much pressure on him.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

gnarlyhotep posted:

Please keep us updated about whether Steve is a real person.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

DalaranJ posted:

Please keep us updated about whether Steve is a real person.

To me, Steve is somewhere between Gabe from Penny Arcade and Max from Sam and Max.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Steve is the spirit of role-playing from the 80s, with a healthy dose of that kid from the end of SLC Punk thrown in (the one at the end who talked about Rush)

I love that guy

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

gnarlyhotep posted:

I hope you save this and post it, either forums side or front page. Even if it isn't filled with constant jokes like the usual articles, it might be funny to read. Unless it is really lame or they won't let you or whatever.

Edit - part two of the article on that other site is up, full of laughs and spooky October fun!

http://www.thebadguyswin.com/2015/10/wtf-dd-ravenloft-part-two-2/

Also, from that, more to the mystery of Steve! "Steve: Also I have some boss ideas for Steve’s Dungeon. It’s gonna be so cool." Zack Steve refering to himself in the third person? :iiam:

Twenty Four fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 22, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The dungeon is called 'Steve's Dungeon.' That is the joke.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
:ms:

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
whatever happened to the next instalments of outer echelon weren't they supposed to be out ages ago

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
It's over a week old at this point, but they did an article about the 3rd Edition Monster Manual V:
http://www.thebadguyswin.com/2015/11/wtf-dd-monster-manual-v-3e/

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Alpha3KV posted:

It's over a week old at this point, but they did an article about the 3rd Edition Monster Manual V:
http://www.thebadguyswin.com/2015/11/wtf-dd-monster-manual-v-3e/

Also, another beautiful Palladium book is covered.

http://www.thebadguyswin.com/2015/11/wtf-dd-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-after-the-bomb-palladium/

Why did they move to Bad Guys Win, anyways? Is that Parson's own site?

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com

John Dyne posted:

Also, another beautiful Palladium book is covered.

http://www.thebadguyswin.com/2015/11/wtf-dd-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-after-the-bomb-palladium/

Why did they move to Bad Guys Win, anyways? Is that Parson's own site?

Looks like it is Parson's own site. He's publishing there once a week, and on SA on Friday.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Steve ran me through part of a Planescape campaign, and it was a blast! We'll be doing the next half next month I think. They are delivering on the patreon rewards as promised so good on them!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

This is the most hosed-up thing Zach has reviewed for the segment.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Oh hey, Otherverse America! We had some real fun rubbernecking at that stupid, stupid thing in one of the prior FATAL and Friends threads.

I think that's the Giant Celestial Dong in the background of that pic on page 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Holy poo poo, finding out I have a new glut of WTF D&D to work through is the best Christmas present. Also: Twelve Days of Riftsmas

• Locked thread