Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Realism
Sep 16, 2008
Favorite scenes from the Shield:

"At the end of the day.....you're just a friend of the family WITH A human being friend of the family SON!!!!"

One of the best scenes in television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Realism
Sep 16, 2008

Ghost Captain posted:

The thing I've always admired about The Shield is that it started out as an episodic series, with basically every episode its own thing, until the writers reached a point where they realized that there's no way the Strike Team could continue doing the poo poo that they do. Around season 4, the show changes tone considerably. The rest of the series is about how the team attempts to escape what they've done in the preceding 3 seasons. Which is to say, more than half of the series is about the main characters dealing with the consequences of how they've been doing their jobs. Everything that happens in the show comes back around. The murder at the end of the very first episode, the robbery at the end of season 2, it all comes back to haunt them.
Gonna agree with doctor thodt and name The Shield as the best show behind The Wire.

I thought starting Season 2, the episodic structure of the show went out the window. Season 2 was all about Armadillo, and season 3 was all about the Armenions, and season 4 was all about Antwon Mitchell.

I don't know why some people say that season 3 was weak. That season to me was just brutal to watch, from the Tavon Shane thing, to the Acaveda thing, to the Armenians showdown, that was one of the best seasons of television I've ever seen. I would even say it topped season 4.

Realism
Sep 16, 2008
How would you guys rank the seasons...for me it's easily

7>6>5>4=3>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1

Season 1 was easily the worst season, and pretty bad when you compare it to later seasons. The episodic structure didn't really work for me, and there were tons of corny poo poo happening (Vic dressing up as a gang member was just stupid)....but I'm glad every season after that has been the best television I've seen second to The Wire of course.

• Locked thread