Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The finale of the show the confession and ending scene is amazing, and I don't know anyone who hated it, which I can't say about other shows. It seems for any finale, some like it and some don't. I'm pretty sure all of us watching it were blown away. You will not regret your decision to watch this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Teek posted:

Anyone know a good way to binge the seasons? Outside of renting them (and :filez:)? It doesn't appear that FX has them on their site or Hulu, any official site showing them?

Just do Netflix for a few months.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

One of many favorite moments:

Vic: "Her pussy tasted like sweet buttah."

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I'm re-watching the show after reading this thread, and I just hit another good Vic line:

"You know how these rich pricks are. He's probably in his face snorkel-deep in some broad's snatch."

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 27, 2009

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Stoked for Walton Goggins, he deserves a ton of awards for his work on The Shield.

Did he come up with Cletus Van Damme?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Dutch is a little crazy, at least when it comes to the women he chooses to see. I mean you gotta be pretty loving nuts to become intimate with Vic's ex-wife.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Leviathan posted:

the scene in 5x03 when Vic says to Shane 'we just gotta stick together' is hopefully foreshadowing one of them putting a bullet in the other, but I doubt that's what's gonna happen

You're so cute.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Freley posted:

S7 Spoilers

Why didn't Vic tell Ronnie he was going to make the deal with ICE before he went to the meeting, then been all "Oh and I tipped Ronnie off so he's on the run now" when he was making his confession?

The deal would have been off and he most certainly would be going to prison since Wyms and Dutch finally got him.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

when worlds collide posted:

He's my favorite, too. I guess I can empathize with him the most, he's the most 'regular guy' of the lot, I reckon. At least in my circles.

Did you forget the part where Strangled a cat just to feel what it's like to take a life?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Oh hey The Shield thread. Just gonna put this here because it's the second best moment from the show.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Massive Spoiler (seriously): He confesses murdering Crowley to the ICE Agent.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What was the first 'best' moment, for you?

Definitely the end of the first episode. That scene tells you exactly what the show is going to be, how awful Vic is, and how far he will go.

Edit: Whoops. Hit quote by accident.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Is anyone else here hungry to rewatch the show? Hungry like the wolf?

I've been off work this week so I started. Rolling through season 3 now.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I just finished re-watching it last night. What do you guys think Vic did after leaving the office? Did he go home and watch ESPN in his underwear or something? Did he go out on the streets and make deals with gangs, doing all the poo poo he did before?

Was there every any rumors on some sort of Shield spin-off? A setting like Farmington lends itself to a lot of potential for other stories to be told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

If anyone's looking for a free Shield fix, the first two seasons are now on Crackle.

• Locked thread