Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Deformed
Jun 11, 2005

Because fact into doubt... won't go.
I've just watched the penultimate episode of Season 5 but I never saw this thread before - HOLY. poo poo. what an awesome show!

It's like a mix of the excellent acting of The Wire and the suspense/action of 24 but just so much more brutal, I must've blitzed through the first 4 seasons in a couple of weeks.

Having said that, GOD drat the 3rd disc of season 5. It comes with special features which, having watched the previous seasons, I figured would just be behind the scenes etc with no real focus on the plot specifics, so I put it on and it's the 'Shield Panel' thing where the main guys are being interviewed - first line - "So did you know at the start of filming this season that one of the Strike Team would be killed/dead by the end of it? - why?! Why would they put this on disc 3 and not the last one?! I was so careful to avoid spoilers and I only have one episode left and it seems fairly obvious now what's going to happen. :( This is like the 24 DVD menus all over again!

(Yes I know it's probably my fault for watching the special features but I just wanted to vent)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Deformed
Jun 11, 2005

Because fact into doubt... won't go.
Just watched the last episode. Oh man. Holy poo poo. Powerful stuff, and no one got the ending I thought they would - Shane kills himself and his family out of nowhere, Ronnie just gets arrested and Vic gets away with everything!! I had to take a little break after the ridiculously awesome 'confession' episode but I was sure the deal would go bad and he'd get hosed over because of it. But no, it was the worst possible outcome, Shane kills himself, clearing Vic and Ronnie, but Vic's already confessed and Ronnie is just hosed!

Have to admit I was really disappointed with the lack of resolution in Dutch's storyline, I was expecting either a major twist or a major bust with that serial killer storyline - not that I didn't enjoy it in the meantime, but I guess I just felt Dutch was underused throughout the series, he was awesome.

The Shield is definitely one of the top few shows I've ever seen. I'm definitely going to have to watch it again (not soon though, my heart can't take the stress).

• Locked thread