Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Tai-Pan posted:

Not to rain on the parade, but you are going to pay to drag a cab across country for a truck worth, literally, nothing?

It has sentimental value, you can't put a price tag on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

Mooecow posted:

The drivers inner fender is still on, a couple of the bolts are refusing to give up.

PB Blaster and a hammer. Spritz the bolts and tap them with a hammer a few times, then let them sit a bit.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

Holy poo poo I just caught up after dropping out on Page 2 (I was encouraging back then!). Daaaaang.

So...Got a line on the tanker truck yet, and have you purchased the strip mall to rebuild from the fire? At this point I wouldn't put it past you to restore one of the cows. There might be a bit of rot but I bet a competent butcher could get you reproduction parts.

Did you ever get the rear axle gearing figured out? IIRC, the 14 bolt rear out of a chassis-cab van was over 70" wide. However, it looks like your rear is offset significantly so that's probably not an option.

Ooh, I just had a thought: restore the truck that hauled the tanker and use it to tow the Divco and '53 to faraway shows on a flatbed.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

They make dollies that bolt to the wheel lugs. That would work, too.

I'm getting my Leaf's tiny factory tires put on a spare set of wheels for rolling my FJ40 in and out of my 7' shop door. That's another option.

Also, do the Autocar. Doooooo iiiiiiitttt. Maybe just restore the cab and make a Dairy Truck Simulator?

• Locked thread