Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roadtard
May 24, 2008

The Sonnensault

Five in Russia posted:

Nope, of course not. Not only that, but I exited the game at the 2-2 archstone and when I restarted I was at the 2-1 stone.

Are you playing online? If so thats most likely your problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Anyone on the NA server and around level 58? I'm right outside 3-2's boss fog wall and I don't want to fight him alone. :(

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Wiki says you should be offline if you're suiciding to get black tendency, being online tends to mess things up. I got pure white by mistake, then suddenly lost pure white in one area without dying there. I'm not going for any items but I just like to see what spawns.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

There was a bug in the Asian version when I played but I haven't encountered it since playing the US release. Maybe it's still around in some form.

I've personally had zero WT problems online this time around. The Asian version was very buggy, though, but I imagine the two patches since have helped.

Five in Russia
Oct 11, 2003

Roadtard posted:

Are you playing online? If so thats most likely your problem.

Thats gotta be it, second time it happened too.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Eddain posted:

Anyone on the NA server and around level 58? I'm right outside 3-2's boss fog wall and I don't want to fight him alone. :(

Nevermind, someone came and we rocked that 3-2 rear end in a top hat.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

God of Evil Cows posted:

I had entered at 1-1 and it was closed.

I want my loot drat it!

From the official strategy guide, the dragons disappear at 75% white WT, but the gate to the executioner won't open until it's above 90%. How you can get it up any higher, I don't know.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
So, um, I managed to beat Flamelurker and also have managed to get fairly far into 4-1. Golden skeletons are a lot easier than I thought and dare I say it, easier than the rolling skeletons. Why the hell are they worth more?

So...where do I go from here? I haven't touched any of 3-1, or 5-1, or 1-3 yet. I have a winged spear +3 and a kilij +3, working on upgrading a short spear so I can turn it in to a Scraper. I also just died to a black phantom for the first time, the fucker. :mad:

Is there a specific spot I should go now? Like...Adjudicator?

Should I go to the Tower of Latria?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Where do you find\buy a spear?

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

keyframe posted:

Where do you find\buy a spear?

You can find a winged spear in the first stretch of the bridge in 1-2 or buy short spears from the 1-1/1-2 merchant.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
The boss of 1-4 has been absolutely soul-crushing. It seems every time I try the blue phantoms die from the dragon's fire and I have to go alone. Boss, you are a jerk.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Zahi posted:

The boss of 1-4 has been absolutely soul-crushing. It seems every time I try the blue phantoms die from the dragon's fire and I have to go alone. Boss, you are a jerk.

Grab some arrows or spices and kill the dragon. Problem solved.

Roadtard
May 24, 2008

The Sonnensault
Wow I'm retarded. I just found the Pantheon. :suicide:

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008

Eddain posted:

Assuming you explored 1-2 you should've found a Compound Shortbow. You can stay above the Tower Knight and just snipe him every time he lowers his shield (right as he's about to toss the magic lance thing at you). It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

wouldn't this take forever? i've been dying forever on this bastard and while this does look tempting, i don't want to spend a bajillion souls on arrows :(

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

BoyBlunder posted:

wouldn't this take forever? i've been dying forever on this bastard and while this does look tempting, i don't want to spend a bajillion souls on arrows :(

It's still worth it over dying a bajillion times trying to melee him. *shrug* I arrowed him in the face and was fine with it.

Trash Heap
Dec 26, 2002

Ask me about transforming into a semi and trucking over defenses.

BoyBlunder posted:

oops, you're talking about tower knight. Anyways if you want lots of arrows:

Grab a bow and make your way through a bit of 4-1. You have to unlock him from a cage, but the vendor there is the "arrow" vendor selling arrows for cheap. Just getting to this vendor will net you enough souls to buy 200 arrows. Hope that helps.

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.

Eddain posted:

Assuming you explored 1-2 you should've found a Compound Shortbow. You can stay above the Tower Knight and just snipe him every time he lowers his shield (right as he's about to toss the magic lance thing at you). It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Yeah, got him down to about half health like this, but I ran out of bolts. I was doing hit-and-run tactics on his ankles for a while. Run out, hit him, run back up the stairs to heal if needed, repeat.

I was at full health running down for another hit, and he smooshed me with the edge of his shield :(

Eddain
May 6, 2007

BoyBlunder posted:

I think I used 100-150 arrows at most. A lot of times I was missing because I was learning where to aim (aim to the right since he moves as he's preparing to shoot you). It was much safer sniping him than trying to go melee.

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

Gazaville Slugger posted:

So, um, I managed to beat Flamelurker and also have managed to get fairly far into 4-1. Golden skeletons are a lot easier than I thought and dare I say it, easier than the rolling skeletons. Why the hell are they worth more?

So...where do I go from here? I haven't touched any of 3-1, or 5-1, or 1-3 yet. I have a winged spear +3 and a kilij +3, working on upgrading a short spear so I can turn it in to a Scraper. I also just died to a black phantom for the first time, the fucker. :mad:

Go wherever you want. If you use magic a lot there's a vendor in 3-1 who sells spices cheaper than anyone else in the game. Or keep going through world 4. There's plenty of good stuff in each area, they're all worth exploring. I think 1-3 was my favorite so far, but I haven't cleared 3-2 yet and haven't seen 3-3.

Project Oni
Oct 19, 2007
Fanclub is full

Danthrax posted:

Go wherever you want. If you use magic a lot there's a vendor in 3-1 who sells spices cheaper than anyone else in the game. Or keep going through world 4. There's plenty of good stuff in each area, they're all worth exploring. I think 1-3 was my favorite so far, but I haven't cleared 3-2 yet and haven't seen 3-3.
Yeah, if you're a magic user, 3-1 is pretty much the MP refueling station. In addition to the merchant's spices, the Mindflayers drop a ton of spices.

btw, don't zoom in on that singing merchant's face.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Danthrax posted:

Why haven't we played together Thrax? :)

Also, we should do some co-op Uncharted now that I've beaten the game.

I just got to 10 Int so I don't really know any magic (or even where to get it). I started as a temple knight so I have miracles instead - just bought Evacuation, which loving OWNS. No more havign to worry about archstone shards.

I think I might try Tower of Latria here in a bit.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
#1 I accidentally gave the filthy man a whack in 2-2, because he blended so drat well in with the pile of poo poo he was sitting on. Now he's angry and any time he sees me will ever so slowly totter over and take pussy swings.

I think I know the answer already, but is there any remote chance that I can pacify him? I'm really not keen on farming slimes or whatever to get the 300 hardstones that I'll probably need before I'm done. I will suck his filthy dick if I have to.

#2 When I speak to Patches, all he says is "How did you do that?" and won't sell me anything. When I first encountered him I killed the giant bearbug before I spoke to him and when it exploded it took off a good chunk of his life. I guess he's supposed to retreat to safer ground once you've spoken to him. That's probably a lost cause too isn't it.

#3 The two red knights killed Ostrava in 1-3, and then proceeded to destroy me. When I went back, there was nothing left of him. Would his drops have been put in some default location that I'm unaware of? Is there anywhere I could try looking?

Who am I kidding, I'm screwed on all three.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Tornado Lazers posted:

#2 When I speak to Patches, all he says is "How did you do that?" and won't sell me anything. When I first encountered him I killed the giant bearbug before I spoke to him and when it exploded it took off a good chunk of his life. I guess he's supposed to retreat to safer ground once you've spoken to him. That's probably a lost cause too isn't it.

Did you talk to Patches in the Nexus?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tornado Lazers posted:

#1 I accidentally gave the filthy man a whack in 2-2, because he blended so drat well in with the pile of poo poo he was sitting on. Now he's angry and any time he sees me will ever so slowly totter over and take pussy swings.

I think I know the answer already, but is there any remote chance that I can pacify him? I'm really not keen on farming slimes or whatever to get the 300 hardstones that I'll probably need before I'm done. I will suck his filthy dick if I have to.

#3 The two red knights killed Ostrava in 1-3, and then proceeded to destroy me. When I went back, there was nothing left of him. Would his drops have been put in some default location that I'm unaware of? Is there anywhere I could try looking?

Who am I kidding, I'm screwed on all three.
Patches will show up in the nexus after 4-2. AS for Ostrava, if you've left the area you're screwed, but if not you need to find where he spawns and pick up his crap there.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Where does he usually hang out? I may have missed him.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Tornado Lazers posted:

Where does he usually hang out? I may have missed him.

He's on the staircase, right next to the World 3 archstone.

dis astranagant posted:

Patches will show up in the nexus after 4-2.

Not true, I saw Patches way before I even entered 4-2.

Roadtard
May 24, 2008

The Sonnensault

Eddain posted:

Not true, I saw Patches way before I even entered 4-2.

You can either meet him in 2-2 or 4-2. Both encounters will make him show up in the nexus.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I was playing 3-2 earlier, freed Yurt because I wanted to kill him for his armor, and then immediately started fighting him, which knocked him off the side of that platform and the fall killed him. When I rode the little hanging cell down, I watched his soul pass by, stuck in midair. Did I totally miss out on his armor? Oh well, I guess I know better for next time. :)/:(

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -
I had the same problem (knocking Yurt off the platform). I've heard that reloading your profile at that point should spawn Yurt's stuff on the platform, but that didn't work for me.

Yas
Apr 7, 2009

Gazaville Slugger posted:

The Adjudicator is an incredibly easy boss if that helps your decision. Try world 4 before 3, it worked for me.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Okay, so I was on my third attempt at 1-1, and was feeling pretty good about my progress. I had about 1500 souls, I was building up a good supply of herbs to "heal" with, and I was starting to get better at fighting and dodging.

Then, shortly after meeting the merchant who's barricaded in a little tower, I walked into another doorway and was firebombed to hell from down the hall before I had a chance to turn, burning to death immediately.

Was there something that I could have done there to avoid burning to death? I don't recall seeing any messages warning me about it, either. I'm done for the night though, getting set back 20-30 minutes for a third time is pretty disheartening.

Faldoncow
Jun 29, 2007
Munchin' on some steak
Finished the game with a Spear wielding Wanderer, and I decided to restart to try out magic. I went to the Tower of Latria first for the Magical Sharpness ring and the Old Monk's Hat (both give +magic damage) and Homing Soul Arrow, then the mines(2-1) for the sword that ups magic as well. I can only cast the Homing spell 4 or 5 times before I run out of mana, but hitting the Armored Spider for 1012 damage, which is about 90% of his hp, is so awesome. Also PvP. Anyone without the Silver shield dies instantly if I hit them with at least 3 of the 5 Arrows. This is all at or under Soul Level 35.

Basically, magic can be very strong in this game. Soul Arrow is efficient and very powerful, and with a few select items and points into magic, you can push your damage so high that most enemies and bosses are basically a joke. It's probably not as effective late game for pvp since many players will have upgraded shields that are more effective at blocking magic, but it's fun at low level.

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

Okay, so I was on my third attempt at 1-1, and was feeling pretty good about my progress. I had about 1500 souls, I was building up a good supply of herbs to "heal" with, and I was starting to get better at fighting and dodging.

Then, shortly after meeting the merchant who's barricaded in a little tower, I walked into another doorway and was firebombed to hell from down the hall before I had a chance to turn, burning to death immediately.

Was there something that I could have done there to avoid burning to death? I don't recall seeing any messages warning me about it, either. I'm done for the night though, getting set back 20-30 minutes for a third time is pretty disheartening.

If you are where I think you are, I think you may have walked into the room that's packed with explosive barrells. There's a couple of guys right outside the next door, and sometimes they throw those little firebombs. It's never happened to me, but I supposed if you're extremely unlucky, he could have thrown it past you and hit those barrells which would have resulted in a spectacularly fiery death.

If you have a Stone of Ephemeral Eyes to get back to your physical body, and if you want to give it another go, I'm about to get on again for a bit - I could drop a blue stone and you could summon me for some help. I've gone through 1-1 about a hundred times now, just grinding souls and going back for little things I might have missed the first few times through.

I'm HenryTM82 on PSN - send me a message if you want to give it a go :)

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Jadz posted:

If you are where I think you are, I think you may have walked into the room that's packed with explosive barrells. There's a couple of guys right outside the next door, and sometimes they throw those little firebombs. It's never happened to me, but I supposed if you're extremely unlucky, he could have thrown it past you and hit those barrells which would have resulted in a spectacularly fiery death.

If you have a Stone of Ephemeral Eyes to get back to your physical body, and if you want to give it another go, I'm about to get on again for a bit - I could drop a blue stone and you could summon me for some help. I've gone through 1-1 about a hundred times now, just grinding souls and going back for little things I might have missed the first few times through.

I'm HenryTM82 on PSN - send me a message if you want to give it a go :)

Don't have the thing I need for getting my body back yet, but I do appreciate the offer. Now that you mention it, there were barrels in that room, and I think that is what happened. lovely - and hilarious - luck.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

My Amazon order for the deluxe edition's coming in tomorrow and I'm super-pumped. I got it just in time, too, because the artbook-and-soundtrack promotion they were having is over now.

I haven't been so excited for a game in so long!

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Nail Rat posted:

Don't have the thing I need for getting my body back yet, but I do appreciate the offer. Now that you mention it, there were barrels in that room, and I think that is what happened. lovely - and hilarious - luck.

Pretty much any breakable barrel will explode like that if it comes into contact with fire, so keep an eye out for them around enemies that have fire attacks.

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

AND THE loving TOWER KNIGHT EATS IT!

Goddamn, feels good to be back among the living :)

EDIT 2: Hmmm, can't get into 1-3. "A thick colorless fog holds you back. Only those who have slain an arch-demon may proceed." Well crap :(

EDIT 3: Oh, for gently caress's sake. I just attacked my way right off a loving cliff in 2-2. So much for being alive again :( Guess I'm done for the night!

vvvvvvvvv I ended up doing most of the fight with melee as well. I two-handed my scimitar (+5 :toot: ) since a shield is more or less useless when you're getting stepped on or smooshed by the edge of his shield. Plus you run faster two-handing a light, one-hand weapon. I stood on the stairs with a block between me and him; waited for him to throw a magic spear then sprinted down the steps and between his legs, slashing his ankles as I went by, then back up the other set of stairs before he could smash me. Worked out pretty well, though there were a few really close calls. Oh, and what do you mean "before he got up"? Are you tell me you can knock him down?! vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Jadz fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 19, 2009

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

^^^^^ Oh hey, me too!

Well, I just melee'd Tower Knight to death. That was a rigorous exercise. Died about four times before I managed to not mess up the timing. Once you know when to go for the ankles and how to provoke it, it moves pretty quickly.

For posterity, to those that melee TK, what weapon do you think is better suited? I went back and forth between a battle axe and a falchion, and the falchion seemed to turn out better results if only because I could get more hits in before he got up.

Yas
Apr 7, 2009

Jadz posted:

EDIT 2: Hmmm, can't get into 1-3. "A thick colorless fog holds you back. Only those who have slain an arch-demon may proceed." Well crap :(

You have to complete an entire world before going into 1-3. I would suggest you give world 2 a try. 1-3 is much harder than the rest of world 1, probably more so that worlds 2, 3 and 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Yas posted:

You have to complete an entire world before going into 1-3. I would suggest you give world 2 a try. 1-3 is much harder than the rest of world 1, probably more so that worlds 2, 3 and 4.

World 2 is pretty easy to complete, World 3 is scary as gently caress, World 4 is kinda tough, haven't touched World 5 yet.

1-3 drops a ton of Full Moon Grass though, I maxed out at 99 and didn't even realize it.

• Locked thread