Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
The OP says only get the Asian version, but the Korean version is good too, right? Most of the copies on Ebay are from South Korea, but they say you can play those in English as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
For anyone still shopping around for a place to buy this from, the best deal I could find anywhere was from this guy on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-Demons-soul...p3286.m20.l1116

$59.99 for the game itself, and just $3 for shipping anywhere in the world (it takes 2 weeks, but you can pay extra if you want it faster). Anyone who's not in a huge hurry can pick it up here for $62.99. I ordered Saturday and got shipping confirmation Sunday afternoon.

The guy only has 4 left though, so if you want one you better get it fast.

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
I'm still waiting on this game to come in the mail, but I wanted to ask a quick question: how well do the various classes fair in PvP? I remember reading somewhere that it was broken for some classes, and I don't want to play something that's going to get horribly owned. I was looking at playing a Temple Knight or a Priest - are they any good?

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
Quick question: My buddy is looking at picking this up (I've already ordered, but my copy hasn't arrived yet). For the co-op feature, can we specifically choose to play together with each other, or is it random who you end up playing with?

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006

Seven Hats posted:

Oh my God, how long does it take playasia to restock this drat game?!?

Why are you people still waiting on this game from PlayAsia? Seriously, this guy has already been posted twice in this thread (once by me).

wurzle posted:

I bought a copy of this on Ebay from a Korean dude and it arrived via USPS in 96 hours with the "medium" shipping options.

Those of you waiting a month for delivery from an importer may want to check that out instead.

Here is the Ebay link... http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-Demons-soul...C293:1%7C294:50

I'm sure its cheaper and faster as well - just get it there and it'll ship out in a day.

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
So two questions:
1) What IS the deal with all the 'This is harsh. Evaluate me.' notes spread everywhere?
2) How do you place a note/rate an already placed note?

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
How do you get the sword that's encased in rubble at the top of the 2-3 boss fight (Dragon God)?

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006

ssug posted:

Okay, against my better judgment (I've been screwed by eBay before) I went this route and ordered it Friday. Now I just received notice from ebay that the listing has been removed and they have placed the transaction on hold until they investigate... WTF?

Anyone else get this who ordered from this guy?

I actually just got this as well, and I don't really know what to make of it. I already received the game on Thursday :confused:.

Also, I'm pretty pissed at the game right now. I went to go get the Brushwood armor set in 1-1, and I didn't have enough space to pick up the leggings. I left, figuring I would come back and get it later, and when I came back later it wasn't there. I guess I have to wait till my next game to get them? The rest of the set looks pretty retarded with normal plate pants since its so puffy.

Gay Rumsfeld fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 12, 2009

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006

Drakkarim posted:

Biorr drops a set if he dies. You can rescue him in 1-3 and he'll help out in a few tough spots where it's possible he will die.

Thanks, I ended up doing this :). How do you kill the Blue Dragon in 1-4? I shot a boatload of arrows into him when I first saw him, got him down about halfway, and then he flew off to another part of the castle. I tried to shoot him over there, but I can't see his health bar when I hit him so I don't even know if he's taking damage or not. I honestly don't even know how to get past him.

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
My buddy who just bought from him sent him an email, and he responded saying all the orders are still going out, but his ebay account was recently banned. Probably because he was sending out orders as 'gifts' to keep from paying taxes on them.

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
Does this game get harder on each iteration of NG+, or is NG+ as hard as it gets? (I havent gotten there yet, just wondering)

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
Jesus tap-dancing christ, almost every single time I invade a game I get killed by lag. If you have your back to a person even for a second, even if they're halfway across the drat map, you'll magically get backstabbed.

Also, is there any reason to NOT use Nothern Regalia once you have it? With pure white/black character tenacity, it seems too powerful to have anything even remotely compare.

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006

hammeredspace posted:

Can anyone playing a Korean copy please reconfirm that it's in English? My brother got a Korean copy instead of Asian, like the importer promised, and my brother wants to double-check to make sure it's going to be in English before he unwraps it.

Confirmed (I have it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006

Feenix posted:

Whats the trick to the spear thrusters with the widebrim hats? They always seem to trade an attack on me with like instant reaction, even if they were hit.

Let them hit you once and counterattack as they're knocked back by your shield. Only try to hit them once - they'll jump on your rear end if you try any more.

• Locked thread