Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The thread title pretty much sums up the entire loving game. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

I'm taking credit for it. :colbert:

What the gently caress happened to your avatar?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I recently reached 100 and I've been putting my Soul Levels into Vitality and Endurance mainly for the fact that I did the "All Stats 20" build and finally started diversifying as a Knight. Since I'm using the Blueblood Sword I'm also pumping Luck up.

Wait, what is this All Stats 20 build? Literally 20 in every stat?

Is that actually effective?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

So I just need 10 in Faith to qualify for the Evacuation miracle?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Zarick posted:

Yeah, and the 20,000 souls it costs to buy it. It's worth it.

When and where is the earliest I can buy it?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Given that the rest of the world is on global multiplayer for this game, it would be kinda silly to restrict US players to their own servers.

Besides, all the people who really wanted to play it already have an Asian copy.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Oae Ui posted:

There are probably a lot of people that didn't know they really wanted to play it. I would have never heard about it if not for this thread.

That's true.

Still, given that US players with Asian copies are playing online with Japanese and Asian gamers just fine, I doubt Atlus would want to run their own servers in a walled garden. It's not like they would make extra money off a subscription fee or anything of the sort.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

:siren: ATTENTION :siren:

I want to throw this game into a loving fire

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Feenix posted:

hehehe. What's the story, son? Come hop up on our collective knee and tell us what's got you all frown-faced!

You play Demon's Souls, you know the story. :( It's always the same loving story.

I'm going to cheese this game if I have to. I don't care any more. It's like an abusive spouse.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Its funny but after he destroyed my armor I took it all off and beat him bare-assed

Bloody hell, didn't you record this or something?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Jolo posted:

Whee! Just got this game in the mail today. I can't wait to play it when I get home tonight. This game shouldn't give me much trouble. I don't mean to brag, but I recently played through the entirety of the new Prince of Persia without dying.:frogc00l:

Look at this man.

Just look at this man.

Know this. You will come crawling, back to us.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Nothing quite like beating your way carefully and painfully through most of a level, suffering with ridiculously low health all the way, only to accidentally FALL OFF A loving PARAPET

I have a question: can you only be invaded while you're a body?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Zolrath posted:

My copy of Demon's Souls came today! Most excellent! I sat down to enjoy my afternoon of getting slaughtered by demons I put the game in, it updated, and upon reseting my PS3 decided to NEVER TURN ON AGAIN. It's completely unrelated to the game but Jesus what horrible timing. Time for an out of warranty repair. My coffin is on its way from Sony.

My PS3 ate my copy of Demon's Souls. Let's hope they don't destroy it while taking it out of the PS3's cold, dead corpse.

The poor machine was just trying to protect you. :(

Trust me, it knows what you're trying to subject yourself to.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

So is the 20s-on-everything build still valid?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

loving SPIDER

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Lotish posted:

Still, it's strange watching the regular gaming press that wasn't turned on to this beforehand going ape over it, like this destructoid hands-on impression. Still, I anticipate it with equal measures dread and excitement--one at what lays ahead for me, and the other for my wallet.

Demon's Souls is a very odd, quiet sort of fellow. You will hear little whispers about it and become intrigued and try to find him and he will come into your arms and GRAB YOUR loving BALLS AND CUT THEM OFF WITH A FALCHION.

It's... that sort of game.

Re: why dodge?, everything in this game can and WILL kill you at some point. Yeah, even that little squirt from 1-1? Get careless and he will go ballistic on your arse.

It's that sort of game.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Frankly, even a Let's Play wouldn't do much to spoil anything about this game.

I mean, what can it tell you that you don't already know? You die? You die over, and over, and over again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I think my favourite part of this game is handily beating the crap out of an enemy only to roll off a cliff of your own accord.

Vintersorg posted:

Ah gently caress, im somewhat lost and scared.

hallo, welcome to Demon's Souls

• Locked thread