Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electromax
May 6, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

You can also use the item Soul Remnants to distract them. Its basically soul bait and an enemy will go towards it first before attacking you.

Does this work on most enemies in general? I have a few of them but the description was kind of vague as to how you should use them... I would guess they don't work against bosses?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I got stuck in all those tunnels before Flamelurker for about a half hour. It also didn't help that it took me about 10 mins to kill each of those huge fire beetles (plinking away with my spear at 15/hit). Then I got to Flamelurker and died and I'm not sure if I can find my way back any faster this next time :(

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Tragedy struck my ps3 slim HD recently and I lost all my saves back to 2008 when I needed to restore. As my trophy list was getting super bloated, I decided to make a new PSN and start from square one. I thought, I'll finally plat Demon's Souls as the first game on my new account. So I beat all the bosses, did all PWWT stuff, decided to sign up for Plus to back up my save this time.

Unfortunately, since I kept my old account for its purchases, I did plus on that one. So logged in as other user and uploaded save to cloud.

Well the HD died again last week so I got a new one, downloaded the save, and neither account could see it when I fired up the game. I think using one username account to backup saves from another account doesn't work, I guess it was dumb to hope so but after blitzing through all the bosses in a week I wasn't ready to start over again.

Oh well, six months from now I'll give it a third go. Someday, DS. Those seven suicides in each world were taking forever. Some of the BPs like Satsuki were really hard I thought also, never tried many of them before.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Well my guy is level 172 after running around trying to finish up a platinum file (3 years later...) and I am sick of trying to get Pure Darkmoonstone and Pure Bladestone.

I've never done DeS online aside from getting killed by invaders, is it possible for someone of a similar level to drop me those items like Dark Souls? If so, is there anyone around here who would have a character of suitable level to accommodate? If it matters, the only boss I've yet to kill is the final False King. No NG+ yet.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Thanks for the tip, at this point re-running 1-1 through 4-3 sounds better than running this same stretch of 4-2 over and over ad nauseum. I still need to get the weapon and magic trophies in NG+ but then I'll probably take your advice.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Genocyber posted:

Yeah, the world of the broken archstone is a completely separate thing (and bits of it are still in the game data).

Google didn't do much for me here, can you elaborate in this at all? I'm curious.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

EC posted:

Search for "illusorywall" on tumblr. He did some great writeups of gibbed's stream where he (gibbed) starting pulling up unused data/models from the debug menu. It'll even have links back to the archive stream in case you want to watch it.

Wow, thanks, these are excellent (and some hilarious). Like the regular animals:

(Sif...?)

For others, here's the tumblr: http://illusorywall.tumblr.com/

Also note a proto-Dark mimic, Hydra, and man-serpent. Things are weirder with the animations. There's a Yeti from the unusued archstone, "Northern Limit", but I didn't see much map data they found beyond discussion about the tutorial area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Just don't pick a bladestone (sharp) path if you want a +10 weapon eventually. The equivalent of the slab for bladestone in this game is ridiculously rare/obnoxious to get to drop unless you can convince someone to invade and drop you one.

• Locked thread