Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

El Hefe posted:

So I killed Ostrava and got the Mausoleum key and I go to 1-1 and use the key but inside a building there's this super tough guy that only takes 15 damage or so from my attacks and halfs my health even if I'm blocking. What am I supposed to do there?

Come back later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Mr Cuddles posted:

Sorry was that not clear?

Your comment was redundant, so I decided to repeat my self as well.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

calbruc posted:

I've done something like 185 runs using this method and still no pure bladestone. :sigh:

Any tips, or do I just keep on keeping on? I've started holding the LSoS in my off hand when killing the BP, though I doubt it does anything.

Yes, use the method posted on the stone farming page - it is much faster if you suicide, that way you only have to reload world 4.

Ignore the reaper and just take out the skeleton in the secret passage; jump off the side once you've checked it's corpse. The general consensus is that the LSoS doesn't effect item quality, and is therefore useless for farming pure blade stone.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Jamesman posted:

I'm pretty sure my soul level is now too high now to rely on other players invading me. Besides, my character isn't tailored enough to PvP, so I'd never kill them.

I'll just get the worlds down to black and kill the black phantom NPCs. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't gently caress myself over by logging in or something. I got the Foe's Ring already in my last playthrough.

I chastised them for not playing well enough is what I did. :colbert:

It should be noted that my character was in NG+, and maybe everyone else was still in NG or something. I just can't imagine being something like SL80 in NG+ unless you're really challenging yourself or you're going with a magic build.

On Europe which has a lot fewer players and even fewer invaders than the two other regions I once faced having to grind from black to white character tendency the PvE way because I didn't plan ahead. I had to complete the game two and a half more times anyway (this was before the stock pile dupe became known), and I still chose to blue phantom it up for a couple of hours hoping for invaders because I was not looking forward to fighting Scirvir, Selen or Satsuki 2 more times each on NG+/++ (being a blueblood user instead of polearm made them even worse). There was also the sheer amount of ephemeral stones needed to turn all the worlds black twice, which I guess is not that big of a deal if you can dupe them.

I tend to reach NG+ at around 70. NG+++ at around 120. Out of 4 characters to get that high, 1 was a strength build, 2 were faith and 1 was a blueblood user. I haven't done soul farming since my first character.

If you're going with a non min maxed build, like your first character is usually going to be, the difficulty increase can be a little jarring but with a strong PvE build like a faith one, it's mostly not that bad.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Hell yes. It looks like they haven't hosed up the basic combat, I can stop being worried and just look forward to the special edition landing in my mail box.

• Locked thread