Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Should I save the Maneater for later? I've done the first two areas of every part except for 5 and 4, and almost got the first Maneater down before the second one killed me. The most powerful magic I have is Soul Light, so should I get more powerful magic first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Genocyber posted:

Gonna get the game tomorrow, only question I have is this. The game doesn't actually save constantly, and only at certain points, like fog doors?

It saves pretty frequently, but I've shut off the PS3 a few times when I'm frustrated without quitting and it hadn't saved since before I died. I wouldn't recommend doing that though, as I'm probably lucky my save wasn't corrupted.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

I just rolled a new character; three hours in and I'm feeling pretty good, having beaten both 1-1 and 1-2 without dying despite not having played this game in nearly three years. I go to 2-1, play through most of it, go back to the startn to hit up the blacksmith for some upgrades and see a summon sign; the guy gives me 50 storied heroes souls and three ephemeral eye stones. Swell.

Now my thee hour in character has beaten three bosses without dying and is only two levels less than my eighteen hour character.

That's the greatest feeling, beating all the bosses that gave you so much trouble the second time through with no trouble at all.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

AllisonByProxy posted:

So here's a thing:
http://youtu.be/w0YvHBxv-3Y
Demons Souls 2?

Looks like a mix of that FROM game on the PS2 that you had modern weapons (tower of something or other) and a souls or king's field game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm bringing back this thread to see if anyone happens to have a Pure Darkmoonstone that they could drop for me. It's all I need stone wise to be able to finish up the platinum by the end of this playthrough, and I ran out of lizards to kill in 4-2/4-3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

No, I'm just an idiot. Let is discuss how to meet in game and I might be able to help you my friend.

I guess w/o passwords that the easiest way is just to have a specific spot to meet - World 5 at the leechmonger would be the best since I already screwed up my world tendency there and going online won't screw it up more. I'll probably be online after 5:30 or so CST so just send me a PM if you're available around then.

EDIT: Turns out I had one more spawn on one of the lizards and got a pure stone from it, so should be good!

Mr E fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 25, 2017

• Locked thread