Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
I'll buy it. I've never used SA Mart, who picks up the shipping?

edit: I see it includes shipping, I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
Got mine in the mail today from a goon! After following this whole thread I'm a little intimidated to get started, haha. Hope to see some of you soon.

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
I beat Phalanx, and then accidentally stumbled into tower knight while I was still soul level 8. I teleported back to the nexus, and after fighting around I've gone up to soul level 20 or so, but I still can't figure out how to damage tower knight, and I don't feel strong enough to get through 2-1, 3-1, or 4-1 (haven't tried 5-1). Apparently I need my hand held more than I thought I would when I first found this thread and thought the game sounded awesome, haha.

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh
I have a question. The wiki isn't terribly clear on the upgrade tree for weapons. I've noticed that all of my equipment has the option to upgrade to '(item)+4' or 'qulaity (item)' when it's currently '(item) +3'. I've never taken the quality branch, but the wiki makes it apparent at later levels I'll have the chance to go to 'sharp (item)' and stuff like that.

so, I haven't taken the quality route yet, I just keep the numbers going up. If I did go to quality (item), would I get the option to go to quality (item) +1, and +2 and soforth in future upgrades, or does the path stop there? is there a specific way I need to go in order to optain the rare weapons in the game?

Also, assuming I could eventually turn a quality sword into a quality sword +8, could I use either it or a regular sword +8 to make the large sword of searching? assuming either is possible, would any of their stats differ?

I've got a ton more questions, but I'd have to keep prefacing them with 'assuming that thing I just said...' and they will become increasingly irrelevant if all my assumptions are wrong.

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh

McCoy Pauley posted:

Does that makes sense?

Yeah, both of you, thanks. One more question about specialized weapon upgrade paths.

at level three I got the quality option, and the wiki showed that other upgrade branches become available at higher levels. Someone mentioned that you can take a quality weapon up to +5, is that true of all the specialized branches? As opposed to creating a quality weapon and upgrading to +5 (8 total upgrade steps), is it generally considered better to take a vanilla weapon up to +9 (or whatever) and branch it into a special path at that point, and then take it to special weapon +5 (14 total upgrade steps), or is each specialty path good for something different and it's not so cut and dry as 'more upgrades = better'?

King Gonorrhea fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Gonorrhea
Feb 11, 2008

Son of Ass Pharaoh

Shalinor posted:

What?

I'm assuming here that the winged spear is the same as other pole arms

Yeah, I've got no idea what he's talking about. I only use polearm weapons. I have a winged spear, a miridian hammer, and a halbred. I use all of them one handed with a sheild. I own enemies left and right.

Edit: I'm also playing a Temple Knight, though class only effects initial stat build, so he must not have the strength or dexterity necessary to weild it one-handed? I really don't know.

King Gonorrhea fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 23, 2009

• Locked thread