Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!
Is the NA version gonna stay completely NA or are they releasing this in Europe at some point? The OP seems to be a bit dated.

Just need to know if I should import the NA version :v:

e: some googling shows a Europe version isn't very likely in the foreseeable future so I guess I'll just import the NA version!

sarr fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!
Just got this game myself.

I have a question I couldn't find an answer for in the wiki/faq. If I die and quit the game/go to the nexus. Can I come back later to that world and claim my lost soul things? I did 1-1 and 1-2 pretty decently (had to avoid that knight with the spear and red eyes, died a couple of times to him) and then I went to 5-1 (found this out in hindsight) where I fell off a bridge a bit in and died promptly like 200 feet below. I tried getting there a couple of times, but got killed off and ran out of healing stuff before I could fight my way to the bottom (assuming you ever get down there). The furthest I got was to a room with some fog you can pass through and 4-5 of those zombies and two of them had flaming spears. My soul level is like 12 and I lost sooooo many souls in that world, I was saving for the Evacuation miracle.

sarr
Mar 24, 2008

Praise the Sun!

A Nice Boy posted:

Well, in case you were wondering, all the souls you had on your for all the deaths UP TO THE LAST ONE are gone. It only saves the blood spatter on the ground for your most recent death.

As far as I know, I believe that if you leave the world without claiming your body, it's gone. There were a few times when I gave up for the night, and came back the next day to try again, and my blood spatter was gone.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Evacuation miracle at the moment. I'm soul level 38ish and I JUST bought it. For the most part, as long as you're spending all your souls when you go to the Nexus, losing your body is never that bad of a thing. You'll lose a few thousand souls sometimes, but you can get them back pretty easily. So, don't worry too much about saving. There's an amazing grinding spot in 4-2, and when you get there, you can grind for souls and buy some of the specialty items you didn't up to that point (that's what I did).

When you get to 4-2, one of the first enemies you face is a dude who looks like the Grim Reaper. He, and all his minions that die at the same time as him, give about 4800 souls per kill, and he's right at the entrance almost. You also see him from a cliff that overlooks his room. With the compound bow you find in 4-1, and four flaming arrows you buy from the merchant like 10 feet away from the part I'm talking about, he's toast and he never touches you. It's cake. So, you can easily grind like 100,000 souls per hour or more if you want. Just kill him, jump off the ledge that'll be near you to your death, grab your blood smear, repeat.

Ah, okay. Thank you so much for the info!

• Locked thread